Hasselbeck released Update: Signs with Colts

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hass is going to be around the NFL for a long time in all sorts of capacities, which works fine for me. He's one of my all time favorites.

It's a great situation for him going to the Colts, but the competitor in me hates seeing him mentor one of the best young, threatening QBs in the league.

The Radish

Reaction score
What hasn't been presented to the media yes it the final part of Hass's newest contract.

At the end of his time with the colts he will spend a 2 year apprenticship aboard Dom's tugboat.

:lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Colts are paying Hasselbeck $5 million next year to back up Luck.

Vet back-ups make good coin. Economics of keeping Flynn not looking so bad.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
$5 million is surprising. Don't blame Matt, but if he wants the best chance of starting more games, you'd think that'd be in Tennessee where Locker can't stay healthy.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4synlc2e said:
$5 million is surprising. Don't blame Matt, but if he wants the best chance of starting more games, you'd think that'd be in Tennessee where Locker can't stay healthy.
Or play particularly well.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Titans are actually paying less for Fitzgerald.

Not sure how Matt's agent pulled that off. Good for him, though.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm fairly happy the way this worked out. I had no desire to see our defense Tee off on Hasselbeck -- seriously. Good situation for him and great place for him to get his last real contract from.

And also, this shows how smart of a quy that Matt Hasselbeck truly is. Seriously, did we really expect any less from him? This shows he's smart enough to realize he's got to stay out of the NFC West. He would get annihilated behind Arizona's pitiful line ... and he would get whacked by our Defense and the Rams twice a year if he went to San Fran, as there is a good chance Kaepernick won't make it through an entire season unscathed. I mean, he's not only a quarterback -- he's a former Seahawks quarterback for heaven's sake. That makes him twice as smart right there. ;)

In all seriousness, I wish Hasselbeck the best of luck (except if we face him, of course). Here's to hoping he can retire as a Seahawk in a couple of years.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
DavidSeven":3gvemgb6 said:
Titans are actually paying less for Fitzgerald.

Not sure how Matt's agent pulled that off. Good for him, though.

Pretty shrewd move, but rather obvious. The Colts saw what happened when they had a star quarterback go down and had to replace him with Painter. Wouldn't guess they want a repeat of that debacle.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
After Hass has pulled a few more million out of the NFL machine and finally decides to hang up the cleats after 15 or 16 years (not bad for a 6th rounder) he can sign his one day contract, which will make him eligible for any one of the 3 or 4 Super Bowl rings the Hawks will be winning over the next 3 or 4 seasons.