Updated draft pick numbers

kearly

Reaction score

Those are the picks we'll actually have on draft day, barring trade(s).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It's crazy to think of how stacked our team is right now with little holes and we still get to add 10 players (barring draft trades) in an environment, the draft, that this team has thrived during.

Pete said it's going to be extremely difficult for rookies to make the team this year and I think he's right. But still, with the FO's track record during the draft, I can't wait to see the final 53.

Jac

Reaction score
With the number of picks--many of which are lower which will be competing with a stacked roster--I wonder if it makes sense to begin upgrading draft capital by trading into next year's draft. As in, trade this year's fifth for next year's fourth, etc. San Francisco is going to have to do that or they're going to blow the value of their haul. There's just not enough spots to go around.

sutz

Reaction score
Jac":622lxdfy said:
With the number of picks--many of which are lower which will be competing with a stacked roster--I wonder if it makes sense to begin upgrading draft capital by trading into next year's draft. As in, trade this year's fifth for next year's fourth, etc. San Francisco is going to have to do that or they're going to blow the value of their haul. There's just not enough spots to go around.
Yes, they probably should. It might reduce the excitement of draft day a bit, but it seems to be the smart thing.

We can also do some moving around the board with those picks, perhaps. We could move up a few spots here and there to get a guy they really want, also.

Lot of options.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jac":11h2mx1a said:

Excellent point. That or don't be afraid to trade up this year to get a preferred player.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Given that we've executed a draft trade every year, I can see some mobility to be had. Although we already traded our #1 and #7 this year so I guess we've already satisfied that inevitability.