Welker signs with the Broncos (Updated)

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Two years 12 mil. ... wow! That's it?? What the hell did Tom Brady agree to lower his deserved salary if they couldn't even pay 6 mil a year for 120 catches? I'm stunned

heyu123

Reaction score
Anyone think NE probably was going to match but Welker just told them 'eff you?' seems like there was a lot of bad blood and unhappiness on Welkers part towards NE.

No way I can imagine NE wouldn't have given him the same deal

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Story I heard was Welker didn't give NE the option to match. I guess when they didn't reach an agreement during the 3 day period NE called up Amendola and Welker pretty much decided to move on.

heyu123

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2omi4flc said:
Story I heard was Welker didn't give NE the option to match. I guess when they didn't reach an agreement during the 3 day period NE called up Amendola and Welker pretty much decided to move on.

Yeah, Welker seemed royally pissed during the whole process. I don't think him going to a big AFC competitor and Brady's rival Manning is a coincidence.

Especially for a pretty cheap deal.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Some more info I agree with from an article by Mike Freeman on the "breakup" with the Pats and Welker.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike- ... wes-welker

So, if you have over 2 years to get something done and don't, don't get mad at the player you could of easily signed if you were serious about it.

Welker playing for Denver is a pretty good spot for him I think as well as most in this thread.