Hasselbeck released Update: Signs with Colts

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I agree with many of you here: sign him for a day and let him retire a Seahawk. I too think that Matt would be awesome as a broadcaster but he has stated repeatedly that he wants to be a general manager someday so he may go the executive route after his playing days are through.

Edit: The man isn't an idiot and there's no way he would want to play the defenses in the NFC West two times a year. He'd get creamed.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Wow, that was quick. I was thinking he might end up in Oakland what with all the Holmgren rumors swirling around there.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Hasselbeck already talking about a deal with the Colts to back up Luck http://wp.me/p14QSB-7CXc

I think that's a fairly logical place for him to land. Good role as a mentor to a quarterback with similar style. Decent shot at the playoffs.

If he's looking for that one last chance at a ring, he might be wise to consider coming here. Of course, we'd have to want him, and it wouldn't appear we do. Too bad. That'd be a great way for him to go out.

grizbob

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":32wattw9 said:
I think we should cut Russell Wilson and sign Matt up for old time sakes!

Works for the Mariners!

I think we should mutiny and keel haul a certain tug boat skipper :mrgreen:

Spokane

Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday that the Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all have shown early interest in Hasselbeck. The Cardinals and Bills are the only two without a named starting quarterback.

Nothing from the Hawks yet...Lame!

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck isn't what he once was, but he didn't look done to me last year. I hope he finds a situation where he can get playing time, even if that's Arizona.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Spokane":1bggoiml said:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday that the Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all have shown early interest in Hasselbeck. The Cardinals and Bills are the only two without a named starting quarterback.

Nothing from the Hawks yet...Lame!

Wow, there's a couple good gigs in that pile. If the money is even, hard to beat being the backup in a city like NOLA. Tampa would probably be a nice place to collect a paycheck...

Rat

Reaction score
Zero chance he goes to Buffalo. Why would he want to battle the Legend of Tarvaris Jackson for the starting job? Nobody can win that battle. Not even Parker Lewis.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Spokane":3pbcdoto said:
DJrmb":3pbcdoto said:
Spokane":3pbcdoto said:
Flynn is not to far from Wilson, he is moblie! Matt H would have to be 3rd string.

What a QB trio that would be...Wilson, Flynn and MH

Just because a QB runs fast in a 40 doesn't mean he's "not that far from Wilson". Pete Carroll has come out and said he wants a backup with a skill set like Russell Wilson. Why would he say that if he already has one in Flynn?

The plan seems to be let flynn go in some way, so "for the next QB" Pete wants a Wilson Jr.

Can you tell me the big differences between Wilson and Flynn? No you can't, due to you have not seen Flynn play enough.

They are very close! Do the research before posting!

There is a reason why JS said he was pumped to have 2 starting QBs on the roster! Because Flynn fits the bill!

LOL you might want to heed your own advice.

Why would Pete Carroll desire a backup that could run RW's offense if Matt Flynn can do it??? Why would he say what he said??? Why not just keep his mouth shut if it's way in the future after Flynn?

Matt Flynn has played in 37 NFL games (starting 2 games started) and he has 14 total rushing yards in his career.

Do some research before you post this time

kidhawk

Reaction score
Funny how some people think it's so "cool" to dis on Hass because he is gone now and we have Russell Wilson or whatever reason they do it. All I know, is that IMO, anyone who disrespects Hasselbeck and what he did in his time here in Seattle can take a long walk off a short plank. I have zero respect for anyone that can't respect what he has done here

Veilside

Reaction score
Rat":217dzxsp said:
Zero chance he goes to Buffalo. Why would he want to battle the Legend of Tarvaris Jackson for the starting job? Nobody can win that battle. Not even Parker Lewis.

But Parker...Lewis....can't....nevermind.

Spokane

Reaction score
Don't be a tool - Its not RW's offense, Its the OC's offense! They had an understanding of how the offense should be, THEN signed Flynn. So they are more then fine with Flynn and what he brings. Remember they already said they are pumped to have both.

bellyfat

Reaction score
Huard and Hasselbeck Show

(sorry if someone said this already).

bigcc

Reaction score
kidhawk":3tlmhzp5 said:
Funny how some people think it's so "cool" to dis on Hass because he is gone now and we have Russell Wilson or whatever reason they do it. All I know, is that IMO, anyone who disrespects Hasselbeck and what he did in his time here in Seattle can take a long walk off a short plank. I have zero respect for anyone that can't respect what he has done here
fully agreed...... i dont get the hate

Spokane

Reaction score
I think the comments are more for fun, and not hate. VERY few really dislike Matt here.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kidhawk":1nry7a56 said:
Hey! I dissed on Hasselbeck before it was cool.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SF actually makes a lot of sense for Matt. Mentorship potential, built to win now, possibility of playing in a meaningful game if the starter goes down, etc. Plus, the way the team is built, they don't need much at the QB position to scrape out some Ws.

I really hope it doesn't happen.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xa43oqs said:
kidhawk":2xa43oqs said:
Hey! I dissed on Hasselbeck before it was cool.

And now you have been shunned!