Anquan Boldin - not happy?

The Outfield

Reaction score
757Niner":20ez4tic said:
theENGLISHseahawk":20ez4tic said:
Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..

Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?

"As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys," Boldin told ESPN Radio. "I've always been a fan of the 49ers. I'm happy to be part of an organization like that."

Congrats on winning free agency though....when's the trophy presentation?

It's just funny watching 49ers fans like you spending so much time posting on a rival's message boards defending your team. You're not going to change any of our minds. Lol @ wasting of life.

757Niner

Reaction score
The Outfield":f4ggm07x said:
757Niner":f4ggm07x said:
theENGLISHseahawk":f4ggm07x said:
Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..

Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?

"As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys," Boldin told ESPN Radio. "I've always been a fan of the 49ers. I'm happy to be part of an organization like that."

Congrats on winning free agency though....when's the trophy presentation?

It's just funny watching 49ers fans like you spending so much time posting on a rival's message boards defending your team. You're not going to change any of our minds. Lol @ wasting of life.

Uhhhh, I've been a part of this SEAHAWKS message board longer then you. So I guess my question is, what's your deal? I like talking football with other fanbases. I get along with posters here for the most part. When you make moves that make sense, I give you guys props. When you don't, I say you just f'd up. I do the same with my own team, which is why most posters here show me respect. I call them like I see them. Like I've repeated here before, I'm also a member of several other NFL teams forums. Im on other teams boards, more than my own...because oun board sucks for the most part, I'll readily admit that. But Im still going to defend my team....that should be a given.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Where all the the 40Bums come from? How's Manningham working out? Who's your safety? hahah Dahl. How old is Justin Smith again? Yo Aldon, Hows your shoulder holding up? Is somebody becoming injury prone.

As for the OP Bolden won't be happy when he finishes his career with just one ring.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kag0331":yahfo0yv said:
That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...
He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
757Niner":36lqcnku said:

For starters, I don't recall claiming the Super Bowl was won in March. And I don't think any fans on this board, aside from obvious jest, truly believe the Seahawks have secured next season's title based on their moves in the past few days.

However, you'd have to be a complete homer to suggest the moves Seattle made won't significantly bolster what was already a pretty strong team. Kudos to Anthony Davis for playing well in two games against Avril. Davis is a fine offensive tackle and could play the blind side easily in my view. Had Eric Berry dropped to #6 for Seattle in 2010, I think there's every chance the Seahawks would've moved up to make sure they got Davis with their other first round pick (assuming Okung was gone).

But you know what? Even if Avril sucks twice against you guys next season, he might still be a terrific signing. I don't recall Chris Clemons having a major impact in the 42-13 beat down. Avril will play the LEO so he's going to line up against Joe Staley exclusively. If Staley wins that battle in the same way Davis won, then it still won't necessarily be a determining factor in our two games in 2013.

Against other teams though, Avril could still have a lot of success. The LEO position is designed to be favourable to Avril's skill set. He should prosper overall.

As for the other two guys, Bennett will probably line up all over the place and I'm excited to see how he fits in. It's going to be difficult in obvious passing situations for teams to block a rush of Bennett, Avril and Irvin with potentially Clemons coming back into the mix too. Harvin is a flat out playmaker. If he'd joined San Francisco instead, I can honestly say I'd be petrified and would've congratulated you guys. There aren't many guys like Percy out there. And if you're being truly honest, you'll admit that he's far better than any player we could've wished to draft at #25. A lot of people point to the injuries (not as bad as feared) and character (people said the same about Lynch, Carroll seems to be able to control these guys). We have a lot of background with Harvin given Bevell worked with him in Minnesota and Carroll recruited the heck out of him. That gives me confidence.

At the same time, it looks to me like you guys are putting a lot of faith in the draft. You've lost some good players. I hate the idea of Dorsey as a nose tackle. Dahl is crappy, sorry but he is. I get he probably won't start. I've always been a Boldin fan but remind me when he last had a regular season where he showed up like he did in the playoffs? I fear he'll go back to being what he always was in Baltimore -- a big possession guy who doesn't really threaten you all that much. I think you had an elite possession receiver already in Crabtree. I think what you need is a couple of burner's given Kaep's got the arm to make it happen. You talk about Avril getting beat by Anthony Davis... have a look at Boldin's numbers the last time he met our secondary.

Dashon Goldson is a big loss and I didn't like your secondary anyway before he moved on. Justin Smith is 34 this year and even if he's back to his dominating best in 2013, he won't last forever. I think you'll admit your defense suffered quite a bit without him.

Now maybe you have the draft to end all drafts? But either way, the onus is on you guys now to keep re-tooling and get younger on the DL and in the secondary, while also finding a couple more weapons on defense. Plus you're going to have some expensive re-signs coming up (like us, I appreciate that).

Compare this to us. From 2012 we've got two starters... TWO... who are free agents. Alan Branch and Leroy Hill. That's it. We might even still re-sign Branch. If not, that's two holes to fill with eight draft picks or whatever else we do in free agency. As a cumulative, we've significantly improved our roster in the last seven days. You guys have weakened yours. And the draft will be very important for you.

So that's why Seahawks fans are feeling pretty good about life right now. It doesn't mean we'll beat you twice, win the NFC West or the Super Bowl. But right now I don't think anyone can argue that we've made improvements and you've got work to do before the summer.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2sko4wnw said:
Or maybe he's part of the 97% of the league who knows harbaugh is a grade A douche?
If he's such a douche why do the 49ers players love him so much? Oh wait, of course, all the 49ers players are douches too. Silly me. :stirthepot:

^^ A douche.

theENGLISHseahawk":2sko4wnw said:
757Niner":2sko4wnw said:
As a cumulative, we've significantly improved our roster in the last seven days. You guys have weakened yours. And the draft will be very important for you.

So that's why Seahawks fans are feeling pretty good about life right now. It doesn't mean we'll beat you twice, win the NFC West or the Super Bowl. But right now I don't think anyone can argue that we've made improvements and you've got work to do before the summer.

Coming from 49er fans who've watched every single game, Goldson is WAY over rated. Great at hitting people, amazing at blowing coverages. Just last season, his first Pro Bowl appearance, his Pro Football Focus rating was negative. In my honest opinion, getting Boldin alone almost makes up for losing Goldson. Why? Because he's a REDZONE threat, something Crabtree, Davis, and everyone else we have is NOT. Goldson is replaceable, but we have not had a legitimate number 2 WR since Jerry Rice was our number 2 behind Owens.

Same story with Sopoaga. He really was not very good. He was the weakness of our front 7. I do believe we will draft replacements for both Goldson and Sopa, leaving us with a net gain (and Dorsey will not be playing much NT, I don't think). And then we'll probably pick up a couple more great players out of these 14 picks. At worst, we'll be better set up for the future even if Seattle takes over in the short run.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
You can't just quote '14 picks' like it's a given you're going to solve your problems there. You might end up having the draft to end all drafts. You might also have a few more A.J. Jenkins' in there. The draft is a crap shoot for the most part.

I read earlier today (think it was from your GM) that Dorsey is playing the nose. Put him at end if you want. It's not like he did anything in all those years with the Chiefs. He's an epic bust thus far. To expect he'll suddenly come good approaching thirty is very optimistic.

Goldson was overrated... OK. I didn't watch him much. Maybe you're right. Maybe you wouldn't be saying that had he stuck around and not gone after money.

Boldin is a red zone threat... he has 18 touchdowns in the last four years. He's had Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco throwing to him in those four years, so no excuses there. Great post season just recently, but if you're banking on him to beat that 4-5 touchdown a year average - good luck.

The fact is whether the guys you need to replace or not were any good, they still need to be replaced. And by the sounds of it you're banking on hitting on a bunch of draft picks to get it done. Maybe that works out for you? We'll see. But you're taking a major assumption that this draft will set you up for the future. You don't know that. Meanwhile we have to replace a defensive tackle and a WILL from 2012. We may still re-sign the DT. We have a great young core and don't even have to pay our young starts for a few years yet. I know what position I'd rather be in.

And I know I won't be going over to any 49ers forums either to make these points...

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2e4qo5qb said:
Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.

It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2g6nc9sk said:
SNDavidson":2g6nc9sk said:
Or maybe he's part of the 97% of the league who knows harbaugh is a grade A douche?
If he's such a douche why do the 49ers players love him so much? Oh wait, of course, all the 49ers players are douches too. Silly me. :stirthepot:

^^ A douche.

Well your QB is a special kind of douche for kissing his weak ass bicep.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Boldin signing is the classic he kicked our ass so he must be good type of signing. Well, Boldin is good. That is no guarantee he will connect with Kaepernick. Kaep struggled to establish on field chemistry with Davis, and Davis gets a lot more separation than Boldin. I thought the real issue was the Niners secondary, which so far is not improved, and I certainly would not trust many rookies to improve it. The Niners are going to get hurt back there this upcoming year, like it or not. I like it.

And losing Goldson is a big damn deal. There are not many punishers in the league like him.

Sounds to me like Boldin will be plenty happy to be a Niner, though. The premise of this thread is probably wrong.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ucsnqe5q said:
The Boldin signing is the classic he kicked our ass so he must be good type of signing. Well, Boldin is good. That is no guarantee he will connect with Kaepernick. Kaep struggled to establish on field chemistry with Davis, and Davis gets a lot more separation than Boldin. I thought the real issue was the Niners secondary, which so far is not improved, and I certainly would not trust many rookies to improve it. The Niners are going to get hurt back there this upcoming year, like it or not. I like it.

And losing Goldson is a big damn deal. There are not many punishers in the league like him.

Sounds to me like Boldin will be plenty happy to be a Niner, though. The premise of this thread is probably wrong.

In the end, after everything shakes out, he might be better off (seeing what the Ravens are doing so far in FA).

The premise of this thread was based on the interview where he seemed shellshocked that he had been traded. He's a class guy till the end, so I don't think he makes a fuss or underplays. Unhappy might have produced unintentional implications that he would half-ass it because he was unhappy with the trade. I don't see that at all.

I'm not inclined to discuss the state of the 49ers any further though since we can't seem to keep the San Fran homers out of our threads.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5 Golden Rings, care to give us a few pieces of evidence that all or the vast majority of Harbaugh's players love him? I mean a few things we can actually read or watch ourselves to use as evidence, not your assumption for your team. Goldson and Smith sure don't. (Didn't, rather, since they're gone now.)

P.S., I'm not talking about the normal stuff that virtually all players say about their coach whether they believe it or not.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Here's a very interesting article on the 49ers from a San Francisco writer, whose "favorite athlete" per their profile is Patrick Willis.

http://edraft.com/nfl/news/are-the-san- ... hemselves/

If the 49ers treat their own guys that way when their contracts are coming to an end, then I'd say a lot of 49ers players are going to dislike the team/coach. Seems like their strategy is to just low-ball the player and stick to it; don't like it, leave.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
NinerLifer":cy514ckr said:
Lady Talon":cy514ckr said:

It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.

All well and good but isn't refuting analysis based off evidence of the past few years of games based on an off season report just as bad as thinking that off season acquisitions of Harvin, Avril, and Bennett increase the potency of the Seahawks?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:

Shaz

Reaction score
Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":233qkt18 said:
Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:

ANQUAN BOLDIN IS BETTER THAN PERCY HARVIN IN EVERY WAY AND WE GOT HIM FOR PEANUTS, PERCY HARVIN SUCKS!

(Like my 49ers fan impression?)

rlkats

Reaction score
Roland whoever (Niner) fan told you that Anquan is better than Percy is a bit of a homer. So do the rest of us Niner fans a favor and accept it when there are alot of us that believe that the hawks will be extremely deadly. And while Anquan can be a big help, he is up there in age and how much does he have left who knows. Hopefully alot. And while we do not know which Harvin will show up. The stud or the I broke a nail reciever he has been known to be. We all do not know. What we know is that there are some of us that respect the moves the hawks are doing and are aware of the poosibilities for them. We are also aware of the possibiliteis and the holes for the Niners. It will be some hard battles for both of us and may the better team win.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.

Shits weak.

Enough said.