Forgive me Largent, for I have sinned.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Pleased to say I never have. Not for one minute. And as long as the Seahawks remain in Seattle I never will.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ogxvuv6 said:
So I was hanging out with my parents and my sisters last night and we were watching some of our old family video's from when we were all little kids when to my shame, there was little JSeahawks, about 3 years old sporting a Dallas Cowboys bib. In my defense I looked pretty pissed off so i'm sure it was forced upon me.

In an even darker period of my life I remember sporting a Pittsburgh Steelers jacket for a year sometime around 4th grade (which would have been 1982ish). My dad was a big Steeler fan back then (he is now almost as big of a Seahawk fan as I am) and i'm sure he bought me the coat which I remember loving. He was also a Beaver fan but luckily I rebelled against that and became a Duck fan.

Luckily, soon after that dark period I discovered Kenny Easley, Steve Largent and Curt Warner and all thru high school i was sporting the badass old school Seahawks Starter jacket and the rockin Seahawks zubaz pants (see below). Dave Krieg, Brian Blades and others helped me evolve into the sophisticated, highly intelligent sports fan that I am today.

Anybody else have similar stories of misfortune from their youth? Anybody dare to admit that they wore **gasp** 49er gear?

Jacket zpsffea25ad
Zubaz zps84d38aee
This guy was Hawks all the way you traitor, Cowboys and Ducks explains
A lot ;) you probably have a "crackhead Irvin" poster on your wall! ;)

kearly

Reaction score
I've rooted against Tim Ruskell and for draft position, but otherwise, nope.

jhawk91

Reaction score
My dad is from California and was a 49ers fan so even though I grew up in Washington I was a Niners fan but casually since I wasn't really into football yet. But once I started gettin into it I watched alot of seahawks games and so began my love for them. And I even converted my dad to.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":3qjfzgna said:
My transgression was that I was a Vikings fan before I was a Seahawks fan. I had an Ahmad Rashad jersey I loved and wore all the time. Loved their Nike-looking logo, loved the purple.

To my credit, this was before the Seahawks were even in the league.

Once they were, I mean the minute they were, my allegiance was forever changed.

Good DOES prevail over evil!

Bobby Moore, great player, you know he was a Seahawk right, well we owned his rights and he said he didn't want to play here, never played a down for us, I think it was the Carl Eller or Bob Leurtzama (spelling) deal that sent him to Minny. I want to say we got him in the expansion draft from Buffalo.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1yqwkx2r said:
Before I started watching the Seahawks, I rooted for the Racist Skins in the SB against the Dolphins.

Too my credit, I was a stupid little kid and thought they were from Washington. The state, that is. I also stuck a thumbtack on some guy's chair during that game and got a good ass whippin for it. Like I said, stupid kid.

How can one be racist of an entity that one roots for? It would be the same as being an Eagles fan but at the same time hating birds (or is it avian hater,,,lol).

MRH72

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I used to LOVE my Apex Cowboys jacket when I was a kid. I wore it everywhere. A few years back I uncovered it (apparently my parents kept it) and felt so ashamed. I was such a little bandwagoner!

Looked kinda like this.
images

...Feels good to get that off my chest :lol:

otter

Reaction score
Back when i was about 15 or so I once wore a Michael Irvin jersey. I loved it. Now, I feel disgusted that I even owned one of those. But it was when Irvin had just entered the league, Aikman was throwing to him, and Emmitt was running, I hopped on that bandwagon because it looked like a fun place to be with the horrible Ken Behring owning the team, and with Tom Flores coaching it. Man, the early 90's were a very hard time to be a Seahawk fan.

To my credit, it only took me about 4 months to realize the horrible error I made and correct myself back onto the Seahawks bandwagon. I never actually rooted for the Cowboys, but it was really embarrassing to go to school and say you wanted the Seahawks to win, cause dammit, you got laughed at so much.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
My mom's a big Dolphins fan and she got me a Miami sweatshirt when I was just a little kid. This was before the Seahawks were born, of course. The only non-Seahawks gear I've consciously worn since they've been around is a Tony Dorsett jersey in the late 70's.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":aemu0aqg said:
Scottemojo":aemu0aqg said:
Before I started watching the Seahawks, I rooted for the Racist Skins in the SB against the Dolphins.

Too my credit, I was a stupid little kid and thought they were from Washington. The state, that is. I also stuck a thumbtack on some guy's chair during that game and got a good ass whippin for it. Like I said, stupid kid.

How can one be racist of an entity that one roots for? It would be the same as being an Eagles fan but at the same time hating birds (or is it avian hater,,,lol).

Evidently, when I was a wee lad I was both stupid and racist.

Largent80

Reaction score
I grew up in Anaheim. All there were was Rams, and they were the closest to my home. I went to the game in L.A. when the Hawks were in their first year knowing I was moving to Washington the following spring and I became a fan that day and have never looked back.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I was born in Dallas and started life as a Cowboys fan. It all started to change when I saw the Seahawks stomp all over the Chargers on MNF in 1981. I was 10 years old, and Dallas was my NFC team and Seattle was my AFC team. In 1983, I had hope that I would get to see the Seahawks play the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, but Dallas blew it by losing to the Rams in the WC round. So Seattle became my official team (it helped that I was 12 at the time and starting to realize that Cowboys fans were... well, not admired).

Barthawk

Reaction score
I was a huge stealers fan until I was about 10 years old.. about the time my family got season tix to the Seahawks. I started liking the Seahawks more and more listening to Pete Gross call the games on the AM radio while out and about. I can remember hunting with my dad and stopping the truck for awhile because we had good reception during a close game.

I had a Pittsburgh Steeler bday party when I turned 7, the day Squeelers beat the Rams in the Superbowl.

godawg

Reaction score
Dang, Diags, being a Cubs fan can prepare you for almost any adversity in life. You forgot to mention Jerry Koosman, Gary Gentry, Nolan Ryan and Tug McGraw. If the Mets hadn't had such a strong pitching staff they would have been nowhere. Casey Stengel was a kick in the pants, but Gil Hodges was a fine manager. Compared to being a Cubs fan, Seattle's quest for a championship must seem easy.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
As a kid, I had a pair of Deion Sanders Cowboys PJs. Then, later on I had a Randy Moss and Cris Carter poster in my room as a kid.

However, I soon realized that I shouldn't root for either of those losers and rooted for the Seahawks once I started to understand football better. Never looked back

CANHawk

Reaction score
I've been quite honest about the fact that the Bills of the late 1980's/early 90's were what lured me to the NFL. But for some odd reason my Mom, bless her, thought it would be a good idea for my 13th birthday (so...`92?) to get me a Dallas Cowboys birthday cake. My brother (a big Cowboy fan at the time... dirty frontrunner) bought me a cowboy hat and t-shirt. so mom has a picture of me, fully adorned in Cowboy gear, posing with my Cowboy cake with a kind of "dafuq?" looking smile on my face (no, I'm not sharing). My beloved Bills would go on to lose the next 4 superbowls (2 to Dallas).

I also still have a Jerry Rice jersey......... a red one. I bought it while I was still in high school (I was young and foolish and all my friends were front-running).

I always "identified" the Hawks as my "home team" (geography and all) but it wasn't until late in the Denis Erickson era (somewhere between Moon and Kitna) that I started rooting for the home team exclusively. With the exception of a brief fling with Tampa in the early 00's (Mike Alstot and that tampa 2 defense) the Hawks and I have been going steady ever since.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CANHawk":39f95r7j said:
I've been quite honest about the fact that the Bills of the late 1980's/early 90's were what lured me to the NFL. But for some odd reason my Mom, bless her, thought it would be a good idea for my 13th birthday (so...`92?) to get me a Dallas Cowboys birthday cake. My brother (a big Cowboy fan at the time... dirty frontrunner) bought me a cowboy hat and t-shirt. so mom has a picture of me, fully adorned in Cowboy gear, posing with my Cowboy cake with a kind of "dafuq?" looking smile on my face (no, I'm not sharing). My beloved Bills would go on to lose the next 4 superbowls (2 to Dallas).

I also still have a Jerry Rice jersey......... a red one. I bought it while I was still in high school (I was young and foolish and all my friends were front-running).

I always "identified" the Hawks as my "home team" (geography and all) but it wasn't until late in the Denis Erickson era (somewhere between Moon and Kitna) that I started rooting for the home team exclusively. With the exception of a brief fling with Tampa in the early 00's (Mike Alstot and that tampa 2 defense) the Hawks and I have been going steady ever since.
You are a bit of a whore.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1p5n902m said:
CANHawk":1p5n902m said:

You are a bit of a whore.

You don't even know the half of it sailor (but you're welcome to try and find out...)

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Born in CO, parents are Donkos fans but never followed them religiously. Growing up I had lots of Donkos stuff.

Moved to WA when I was two and WA is the only state I've lived in since. High school I figured out that having an allegience to a team that was 1500 miles away in a state that I have no memory of was stupid. Seahawks it was from then on, over 20 years now!

McGruff

Reaction score
Scottemojo":sovcwg95 said:

You stole my story.

I was a five year redskin fans in my youth spanning the Theisman to Rypien eras.