Rams demise

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Rams demise
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 pm
  • Forgive me if this has been posted, but the Rams losing Stephen Jackson and Danny Amendola really knocks them down a few pegs in the NFC West.
    "A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".
    Renohawk
    NET Starter

Re: Rams demise
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 pm
  • ...Did they really have a rise to have a "demise"?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:06 pm
  • To be fair, they have two first founders to try and make up for it.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:06 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:...Did they really have a rise to have a "demise"?

Well, you do have a point :th2thumbs:
    "A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".
    Renohawk
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:07 pm
  • You won't feel that way then they draft a younger/faster replacement for Jackson and Tavon Austin to replace Amendola.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 pm
  • They'll still be tough. They were very well-coached last year and played us close both times. Jackson didn't do much against us anyway last year.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm
  • the Rams will draft Eddie Lacy and corderelle patterson and become the biggest threat to the seahwks this season as they are a wild card team after the seahawks win the NFC west the Forty niners finish third in our division this year and m iss the play offs
    osprey3263
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm
  • The rams are in the same position we were a couple years ago. plenty of draft picks with a good coach, some young talent - but they also already have a QB.

Are you forgetting we lost to them last year, whatever sort of "it was early in the season" excuse you want to make, they tied/beat the 49ers, and we barely beat them at home when we were hanging 40-50 for consecutive weeks previously?
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm
  • As long as Sam Bradford is their QB I won't even give them a second thought.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As long as Sam Bradford is their QB I won't even give them a second thought.

Yup.

But honestly Amendola was oft injured and overrated, and I think it was time to move on from Sjax. He was still a decent player, but a 30 year old RB with 2800 carries is bound to have the wheels fall off. Time to get younger. Jared Cook is a nice addition, a guy I wanted, but he's the quintessential "has all the physical tools but hasn't quite put it together" type of guy. Might never amount to anything.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:...Did they really have a rise to have a "demise"?

Well, I certainly think they had something going last season. They did very well against both the Hawks and Niners and had a chance at making the playoffs at the end.

But, then again, most of what they had "going" was a defense. So losing Jackson and Amendola doesn't really apply to a demise in that sense.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As long as Sam Bradford is their QB I won't even give them a second thought.

Well, I'm not a Bradford fan either however he's good enough to win with. Especially with their strong defense and coaching staff.

I think they probably use their two firsts on a couple of offensive skill guys and if they 'hit' on those picks they could be extremely interesting.

Losing Amendola hurts, but the guy plays like 6 games a year. Jackson is not what he use to be, I don't think he's a big loss at all.
    heyu123
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:48 am
  • Good coach's and GM's make tough decisions and these are ones that had to be made. Get Bradford a good O-line and running game and he will be much better than what we have seen so far.

I definitely would not count out Fisher. He made that team respectable last year and I expect another increase in quality play next year.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 am
  • Fisher will field another hardnosed tough team,...don't sell the Rams short,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:30 pm
  • To borrow from Mark Twain, rumors of the Rams' demise are greatly exaggerated.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Man, they lost Dahl now too!!!
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:45 am
  • JesterHawk wrote:Man, they lost Dahl now too!!!

Getting rid of Dahl and him going to the 49ers is one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of sports!!!! Even if we dont replace Dahl, and have no FS out there, it will be an upgrade over Dahl!!!!
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:52 am
  • God I hope the 49ers start him now and let Russell abuse him.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 am
  • Losing Jackson might actually help them, they've never had a winning season with him on the team (NINE YEARS LOL).

Also now they might draft a running back that could put up 100 yards on us...
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:13 am
  • Fitz the Ram wrote:
    JesterHawk wrote:Man, they lost Dahl now too!!!

Getting rid of Dahl and him going to the 49ers is one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of sports!!!! Even if we dont replace Dahl, and have no FS out there, it will be an upgrade over Dahl!!!!

But Niner fans think he's an upgrade to Goldston. (don't care about spelling)
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 am
  • I was at the Rams game last year and they are the type of team you really never want to play. Having said that, I don't believe in Sam Bradford as an "IT" factor qb, Amendola was a thorn in our ass trying to get off the field on 3rd down(when he was healthy) and S-Jack put them in manageable 3rd downs 4 yds at a time every game we played them. As long as they can be tough on defense however I will still cringe every time they come up on the schedule.
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying I won't give them a 2nd thought, but I just don't see him ever playing well enough to get them over the hump so to speak. He seems to find a way to fail at the worst possible time a.k.a. the Sherman pick late in the game at the C-Link. He's just not a winner like some short guy the Seattle Seahawks have playing the position.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 am
  • Rams are going to be tough and keep getting tougher for years to come. Bradford isn't as bad as some people on here seem to think. He just got shellshocked his first couple of years there. No team around him to speak off and no Oline at all. With Fischer to coach him back up and a team that can actually stay in games, he's starting to return to the Bradford of his rookie year.

Losing SJax and Amendola isn't that big a deal. SJax was getting old and Amendola was always injured. Their defense is what's going to make them a threat. All their offense has to do is be efficient and they'll replace their losses, get younger and be able to beat people.

They swept the Niners and split with us. That team is going to pass by the Niners and be our biggest threat, if not this year, then next.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 pm
  • The rumors of the Rams demise are greatly exagerated.
    canfan
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information