Will the Blue Angels miss Seafair this year?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 349750.php

Lots of talk about it as they have cancelled 4 citys already.

One thing most people don't know is this is the only time during the season the Blue Angels are away from home overnight as this trip includes a trip to Alaska and another in the Southwest, I think perhaps Arizona somewhere they perform. I read this many years ago and don't remember all the detail exactly.

Rest of the time they fly from their home base to whatever location and back home.

Here's hoping.

:les:
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Some pilot freinds of mine have said it's almost a lock that they will cancel %99 for sure grounded is what they keep saying
    Just hope that maybe they can get a fill in like the canadian snowbirds or somebody else or see if by some crazy chance they could get an osprey group or the b2 ,we can hope
    hawxfreak
    NET Practice Squad

• IIRC anything past early April has been cancelled for the Thunderbirds due to sequestration so I imagine the same would hold true for the Blue Angels as well.
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• That SUCKS!!!!

(mean face icon)

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• There's a lot of prep work that goes into these shows, so if they don't get the lead time necessary, they're going to have to cancel, even if the budget's worked out well in advance. And that really sucks. The Blue Angels at Seafair is an amazing event.

Go Navy!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I feel bad for Pensacola (home of the Blue Angels). That town makes a killing due to the air show, and it looks like it isn't going to happen.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information