EPL 2012-2013

Storts

Reaction score
Touché

Shocking performance that I really can't be bothered to analyse.

We miss Lennon greatly and didn't have a single player perform well. Oh well need this break to regroup for Swansea

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Storts":1s6ynxr2 said:
Touché

Shocking performance that I really can't be bothered to analyse.

We miss Lennon greatly and didn't have a single player perform well. Oh well need this break to regroup for Swansea

Seemed like Bale also went missing for a while after that knock he took in the first half, fooled me into thinking he was subbed off.

I do think Arsenal caught somewhat of a break with how Swansea played, more to do with lack of quality by Swansea in the final 3rd and Arsenal defensive performance, and I don't really think that'll happen again for Spurs.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Status quo at the top of the table. Reading and QPR look like near locks for the drop and Villa didn't do anything to convince me they are staying up either.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2x7rmz24 said:
Status quo at the top of the table.

Well to an extent, as Chelsea mucked up an easy looking game like the one against Southampton, it seemed to me like they had one eye on that FA Cup replay on Monday.

As for Arsenal, nice to see them dominate a game the way they did, though Reading didn't look like a threat all game, even when they did score that only seemed like the one time in the entire game, in my opinion, where Arsenal didn't pay any attention. It was also great to see Gervinho play great for the majority of his time on the pitch, probably was a bit greedy at times but he played a part in Arsenal's first 3 goals and that's actually good to see, though it also reminded me of how bad his performances he's been for the most part this season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Southampton away is not an easy fixture. They play aggressive and attractive football

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":6kxm40qa said:
Southampton away is not an easy fixture. They play aggressive and attractive football

That is true considering who's walked out of the there with a draw or loss.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":11zdas5k said:
Uncle Si":11zdas5k said:

That is true considering who's walked out of the there with a draw or loss.

I like the way they play alot... was concerned it may fall off with the new coach but his high pressing style has them buzzing at home.

Better fixtures this weekend with some interesting matchups:

Arsenal away at West Brom. WBA reeling but still dangerous

Spurs host Everton

City/United

Liverpool host Andy Carroll and recently in form West Ham team

Chelsea follow up their win today with slagging Sunderland.

Won't see much movement as far as placement but may see some teams get closer together.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":qts58pmx said:
Andy Carroll can't play against Liverpool, due to being on loan from LFC, correct?

That would make sense actually...

did you see his second goal against West Brom? thing of beauty. I cant wait to have him back up top running around with Suarez, Coutinho.

Imagine this:

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas Gerrard

Henderson

Sturridge Carroll Suarez Coutinho

(oh wait...)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2oa9urt5 said:
Carroll is gone for good. Can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Quite tired.

Here, anyone think QPR are gonna go down regardless? Not even 'Arry can save that lot. They have some talent on that team, too. Defense is shambolic, though.

definitely sarcastic..

QPR is down. My guess would be Reading and Villa join them. I hope Villa stay up. rather have Sunderland drop

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think you're seeing a shift in mentality in the PL. Basically have three mentalities: quick, attacking passes, defend and counter, or possess and break down. You can identify the teams that do what (or try). But there is Alot more focus on possession and passing. Watching Southampton, Swansea, Reading, and even Villa, there is a concerted effort to unbalance teams with passing instead of just driving it down their throat. Sunderland (and Stoke) havent changed their mentality towards the game and are struggling.

MON will find a job. May not be in the PL, but he's on someone's shortlist.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
IMHO Whatever we get from the sale of Carroll needs to be invested into the defense/goalkeeper situation. We essentially have 1.75 worthy league CB's starters after Carragher retires.

Reina is decent at times, and doesn't look terrible too much but I think we can do better if we spend mid-tier money.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wyxyhae said:
Maybe on the continent? Bundesliga maybe?
that would be a good fit... or the Championship.

Take on QPR? 'arry wont stay when they are relegated

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3exuqzzv said:

The only real downer for Arsenal is that Marton Furlop isn't gonna be in goal to screw things up for the Baggies this time.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2hldiv78 said:
Uncle Si":2hldiv78 said:

The only real downer for Arsenal is that Marton Furlop isn't gonna be in goal to screw things up for the Baggies this time.

Quoted for truth.

Someone needed to tell Fulop to wait til after the game to start sniffing ether.
I hope Arsenal forwarded him a decent chunk of their Champions League revenue from this seaon.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I think this match could end up being a good one between Arsenal and West Brom, though I think Arsenal's confidence is too high right now for West Brom to get something out of it, it might be close, but it'll be really upsetting right now if Arsenal get anything other than a win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":11o838do said:
Gatehawk":11o838do said:
I think this match could end up being a good one between Arsenal and West Brom, though I think Arsenal's confidence is too high right now for West Brom to get something out of it, it might be close, but it'll be really upsetting right now if Arsenal get anything other than a win.

Oh yeah. this can't miss.

what could go wrong?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13fbjif9 said:
peachesenregalia":13fbjif9 said:
Gatehawk":13fbjif9 said:

Oh yeah. this can't miss.

what could go wrong?

Either Arsenal mucks it up some how or West Brom's defense tries to do it's best imitation of Reading's defense vs Arsenal and gets run through like an idiot standing on train tracks.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
This is the absolute last thing Spurs wanted to see happen:

BHCStVlCQAEFUAE

Gareth Bale being stretchered off the pitch after a collision late in the Europa League match vs Basel. The pictures I'm seeing I'd have to say he'll be the luckiest bastard on earth if it's only a sprain, he's definitely out for at least a few games, possibly the rest of the season.

Latest posts