Flynn likely to be back

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Flynn likely to be back
Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:46 pm
  • I'm not surprised at all that there's either been zero or very little interest in Flynn. It was the same last offseason. I know a lot of people thought a weak QB market would make it advantageous to move him, but it doesn't appear so, at least of right now. If we keep him, he'll be cut in the next offseason.

I'm still open and hopefuly to being pleasantly surprised this year.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 pm
  • We've all seen this before. Someone mentioned above that Harvin was not going to be moved...then he was moved. It's to the point where when a GM makes such a statement, you know change is in the wind. The reporters, no matter how dear to the team, are only going to get what they are given and what the team wants out there. For all we know, there's 6 teams speaking in confidentiality with JS as I type. I think it easy to understand why a GM would not want to make a volitile situation with his current QB worse by screaming from the rooftop that they are in negotiations for the services of his replacement. Maybe there's a market for Flynn, maybe there's not. None of us know the absolute truth. Or should until a deal has been concluded.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:Its possible that instead of no one being interested in Flynn that JS is telling the truth that they value him and won't give him up for peanuts. They may be asking for a 1 which no one wants to give up.

Funniest thing I've read today.

If only we were in a league where Jeff Ireland was in charge of the other 31 teams.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:29 pm
  • I dont get why everyone is justifying keeping Flynn by using some kind of "what-if" train of thought, in case something happens to Wilson. If all teams with great QBs thought like this you would see teams like the Packers (who let Flynn walk), Pats, and Saints sign expensive backup QBs. In the end you have to realize you can't create a football team based on the fear of "what-ifs" across the board. Some depth and backup plans are ok, but generally not expensive ones that never see the field. Thats why I dont really care one way or the other what we do with Flynn. I just kind of agree with English, I dont get why the thought of dropping Flynn is unheard-of by some on .net.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 pm
  • I never understood the hype behind Flynn. I was happy when we got him because anything was an upgrade from T-Jack... but now that we have our franchise QB and are looking to part ways with Matt, people seem to think we can get a lot more for him than what is possible.

He is still not a proven QB in this league and has a pretty good sized contract for how many NFL games he has actually started.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information