How many Super Bowls does Seattle win in the next decade?

How many Super Bowls will Seattle win in the next 10 years?

Votes: 10 6.3%

Votes: 26 16.5%

Votes: 50 31.6%

Votes: 42 26.6%

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • more then 4

Votes: 20 12.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":ok7gxnna said:
pretty stupid poll if u watch basketball Lebron did the same thing n jinxed it for a little while wait til we win one to start putting these kinda posts up.

First of all, i'm not on the team so my opinion really doesnt matter at all.

Second, I'm not guaranteeing anything. I'm asking a question. Notice that I had zero as a possibility.

Third, Lebron is well on his way to winning his 2nd out of 3 opportunities since making his prediction. I'd say he's doing alright.

Last, Jinx's are for pussies.

kearly

Reaction score
I think 10 years is a bit too small of a window. I think Wilson has a 15 year career in him based on the precedent of previous short QBs that played at a high level into their late 30s.

I think in the next 15 years, we are making at least 5 superbowls. Not sure how many we'll win, but in the next 15 years, I don't think more than 4 championships is unrealistic.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rjdriver":m291wdey said:
..........I just want to be able to say "World champion Seattle Seahawks" at least once in my life. I vote for two, because I think having a elite QB with poise and leadership is the absolute foundation to winning multiple Super Bowls. We have that, and because of it, as good as shot as any to win more than one.
This covers it for me all the way around.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I gave it two since I have no doubt Wilson will get there and always be a threat to get there, but never know what will happen over the years. Hopefully the Hawks don't get into the position where they have to say goodbye to 20+ players because of Wilson's contract. But with Wilson and PC leading the team, it won't be the end of the world.

Absolutely need an elite QB in this league or you won't go anywhere. And yes, I believe that Wilson is not far removed from the elite category, he's got a good shot at cementing the elite title next year, IMO.

Sac

Reaction score
Russell is already the best quarterback in the NFL. Nobody has the combination of arm talent, work ethic, leadership and mobility that he does and he's only going to get better.

We have him cheap for now and we also have the best young defense in the NFL and a monster running game.

Conservatively, we win the next 3 straight. Maybe more later.

Rainger

Reaction score
I went with 2. I want more but there are sooo many variables that prediciting more than 2 is just hoping.

Even 2 may be a reach given the shit that can and will beset us.

Can you tell I have been following Seattle sports for over 50 years.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just give me one. ONE, please, before I die.

HawkWow

Reaction score

I'm predicting 2 of the next 3 and another thrown in sometime later (just for good measure). Nothing "stupid", IMO, about this poll. It is asking for the speculation of fans with great knowledge of the subject. I am (incredibly) happy with our progress and one should never be made to feel bad for feeling good. Besides, it's a frikin' msg board and our opinions will not likely influence this topic one way or the other. But I could be wrong. Go Hawks!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I went with one

You guys have a strong talented team. This coming season I believe your vets that you acquired will begin to feel each other out and build chemistry. Either that chemistry will blossom into a severe pain in the ass of every team in the NFCW or they won't gel and there will be drama in the locker room that transfers to the playing field like what happens with other star studded teams. Unfortunately if I am to be honest, I don't see your team pulling a "dream team" style collapse and instead will mesh pretty well and cause the division to not be decided until week 17.

If you guys don't win it all this year, then as long as your team's chemistry develops like I mentioned above, and as long as you guys avoid serious injury to key players, I believe that you will get it next year or the year after that, before RW or Sherman sign bigger contracts causing your team to have to let some of your more talented players walk if they refuse to take a pay cut to stay with the team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A level-headed 49ers fan? Oh man, my head hurts now. Thanks a lot!

Bakergirl

Reaction score
One is hard enough to come by, but I believe Wilson is not only a good QB he is a great QB and if anyone can repeat it will be him. Conservatively I'll say 2, enthusiastically I'll say 3 or more. :mrgreen:

chrispy

Reaction score
10 to 15 years....

You have to imagine all the other things that will happen and things that might happen.

We know that Pete won't be coaching that entire time.
We know that our Coordinators and coaching staff in general will be consistently recruited away.
We know that Wilson's (and others) payday will require severe cuts.

Probably the NFCW will be among the toughest divisions over that time.
Probably SF will be able to develop young talent seeing how they're handling drafting over the past season.
Probably Rams will get consistently better and potentially much better.
Probably the NFCW will have the toughest Ds a QB has to face in a single division.
Probably there will be injury related "lost" seasons when a couple pro-bowlers go down.

So, you have to ask if RW can win in '13 and/or in '14.
Then when all the above really starts to hurt, how does it play out. Is his talent high enough to compensate for the loss of multiple starters on a yearly basis going forward? In some years, probably, but probably not every year. It will come down to how the rest of the division and league build and grow. At least we don't have to worry much about AZ for a while....

I'd guess 1 in the next 2 years. Another one in the 5 years following. Another one in the following 7 years. If the stars align, it's possible to set up for a repeat at one of those times. The cap management is too big an issue for me to expect more.

The only way around the loss of talent is to expect JS to remain with the team that entire time and for the FO to consistently hit it big on low cost players even moreso than they have up to this point (to make up for the paydays in the next few seasons).

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Sc0rBdfOXw DtTV8q6KrteMY4SGbzIlBRj Qln5 BfImtIRYxw

I'm saying at least 1 per year that Russell is our QB. Too much?

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think one, and I wouldn't be surprised as a Seattle fan if we manage to win zero. It takes more than a great roster and coach to win - it takes a little luck, too. I'd be thrilled with one, and I think the next ten years will be out biggest window ever.