How many Super Bowls does Seattle win in the next decade?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

How many Super Bowls will Seattle win in the next 10 years?

6%
16%
32%
27%
6%
more then 4
13%

Total votes : 158

• Please try to answer honestly and realistically, not thru your blue colored glasses. 49er fans or any other opposing fans please weigh in as well, i'd love to hear your thoughts.

As a Blazer fan i've been tricked before. Roy and Aldridge. Then we win the #1 pick and Charles Barkley is promising us not just 1, but multiple championships if we draft Greg Oden. We all know what happened from there...

Now for the Seahawks...

I fully expect Russell Wilson to win us a Super Bowl somewhere in his career. I'm not 100% certain that it will be this year but I am pretty certain it will be sometime in the next 3 or 4 years.

Here's my prediction:

This year we make it to the NFC Championship and lose. SF wins the Super Bowl :pukeface: After this year we pull a repeat, with back to back Super Bowl victories. Then Pete Carroll retires, our roster takes some hits due to salary cap issues, we remain a good team with Wilson and we lose another Super Bowl somewhere in the following 5 years. Then Russell wins us one more in his later years for a total of three.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Haha. You say not to see thru blue colored glasses, then predict 3 Super Bowls. I'll go with 1. Not easy to win those things as we have already proved as a franchise.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• hedgehawk wrote:Haha. You say not to see thru blue colored glasses, then predict 3 Super Bowls. I'll go with 1. Not easy to win those things as we have already proved as a franchise.

Yes, but the first one is always the toughest. :D It seems like you rarely see the great qb's win just one. They either win none, or more then one. (of course thats just off the top of my head, no research to back it up)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• SF was 11-4-1 this past season, scored less points than us and gave up more points than us... I dunno why there is this opinion of them that they are some sort of juggernaut. I was at that game on sunday night where we dominated them. Tired of hearing about it. They are a good team but they aren't unstoppable.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:SF was 11-4-1 this past season, scored less points than us and gave up more points than us... I dunno why there is this opinion of them that they are some sort of juggernaut. I was at that game on sunday night where we dominated them. Tired of hearing about it. They are a good team but they aren't unstoppable.

Yep, but they won the games they were supposed to...unlike us (see: Miami, Detroit).

Hopefully we learned that lesson.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Today's NFL is just too volatile with free agency and such that it is almost silly to to look more than 2-3 years in the future. I just want to be able to say "World champion Seattle Seahawks" at least once in my life. I vote for two, because I think having a elite QB with poise and leadership is the absolute foundation to winning multiple Super Bowls. We have that, and because of it, as good as shot as any to win more than one.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• We win 11.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:Haha. You say not to see thru blue colored glasses, then predict 3 Super Bowls. I'll go with 1. Not easy to win those things as we have already proved as a franchise.

Yes, but the first one is always the toughest. :D It seems like you rarely see the great qb's win just one. They either win none, or more then one. (of course thats just off the top of my head, no research to back it up)

That's true. Not trying to give you shit, I just really want that 1st one then go from there.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• hedgehawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:Haha. You say not to see thru blue colored glasses, then predict 3 Super Bowls. I'll go with 1. Not easy to win those things as we have already proved as a franchise.

That's true. Not trying to give you shit, I just really want that 1st one then go from there.

Peyton Manning only has one, Brees has only one, Rodgers has only one. Problem is to win a Super Bowl you need a great team to go with that great QB. Hard to have a great team when your QB starts to eat up 20 mil of your cap dollar. Brady has it right, has structured his contract to allow his team to build a supporting cast around him.
    warden
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:SF was 11-4-1 this past season, scored less points than us and gave up more points than us... I dunno why there is this opinion of them that they are some sort of juggernaut. I was at that game on sunday night where we dominated them. Tired of hearing about it. They are a good team but they aren't unstoppable.

Yep, but they won the games they were supposed to...unlike us (see: Miami, Detroit).

I'd rather lose to miami or detroit on the road than get thumped by pretty much anyone at home the way the giants took apart SF.

Or "tie" the rams at home.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Well we have 3 more years of RW on his rookie salary, if we don't win one by then, i don't think we will. We have a two year window right now to keep the team we have together almost completely intact for 2013 and 2014. Things get a little tougher after that. So I think we will get 2 SB's. One this year or next, and one that is on the backs of a few new guys we don't even have on the roster yet. If RW doesn't get to 3 SB's in his career I think he will be disappointed in himself.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• pretty stupid poll if u watch basketball Lebron did the same thing n jinxed it for a little while wait til we win one to start putting these kinda posts up.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• Judging from the teams recent activity, now is the time in the Teams mind.

Not only do we have good starters we have good depth. Losing Wilson for a couple of games is not the end of the world, we have Flynn. losing a DE is not the end of the world we are very deep at that position. We are deep at WR. Stay healthy at LB, in our secondary and on the OL we will be in the running.
    warden
    NET Veteran

• Let's win one before we go jinxing them too badly.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran

• When we win one then and only then will I allow myself to think about another. One at a time.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Russell always says, "One Superbowl at a time."
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:SF was 11-4-1 this past season, scored less points than us and gave up more points than us... I dunno why there is this opinion of them that they are some sort of juggernaut. I was at that game on sunday night where we dominated them. Tired of hearing about it. They are a good team but they aren't unstoppable.

*cough* Minnesota, St. Louis *cough*
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• One. I'm going to be on the safe side. A world title is hard to come by.

But if we are going to win more than one, it will definately be on the shoulders of Russell Wilson. I see greatness in him.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• SE174 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:

*cough* Minnesota, St. Louis *cough*

*cough* They won the division based on us losing two games we had no business losing. The Rams owned the division last season and the Vikings were a playoff team.

The 49ers also won the games they had to win to get to the Super Bowl. We could have said that, except for the last 30 seconds in Atlanta.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Damn J, feel like I should whop you up side your head!! Bad enough you pick us to lose the NFC Championship, you double down with niners as S.B. Champs :141847_bnono: on a serious note, I honestly feel if we don't do it this season, the chances of me seeing it happen are slim :49ersmall:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• Lynch Mob wrote:pretty stupid poll if u watch basketball Lebron did the same thing n jinxed it for a little while wait til we win one to start putting these kinda posts up.

First of all, i'm not on the team so my opinion really doesnt matter at all.

Second, I'm not guaranteeing anything. I'm asking a question. Notice that I had zero as a possibility.

Third, Lebron is well on his way to winning his 2nd out of 3 opportunities since making his prediction. I'd say he's doing alright.

Last, Jinx's are for pussies.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I think 10 years is a bit too small of a window. I think Wilson has a 15 year career in him based on the precedent of previous short QBs that played at a high level into their late 30s.

I think in the next 15 years, we are making at least 5 superbowls. Not sure how many we'll win, but in the next 15 years, I don't think more than 4 championships is unrealistic.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• rjdriver wrote:..........I just want to be able to say "World champion Seattle Seahawks" at least once in my life. I vote for two, because I think having a elite QB with poise and leadership is the absolute foundation to winning multiple Super Bowls. We have that, and because of it, as good as shot as any to win more than one.

This covers it for me all the way around.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'm not greedy. I'll say one.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I gave it two since I have no doubt Wilson will get there and always be a threat to get there, but never know what will happen over the years. Hopefully the Hawks don't get into the position where they have to say goodbye to 20+ players because of Wilson's contract. But with Wilson and PC leading the team, it won't be the end of the world.

Absolutely need an elite QB in this league or you won't go anywhere. And yes, I believe that Wilson is not far removed from the elite category, he's got a good shot at cementing the elite title next year, IMO.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Russell is already the best quarterback in the NFL. Nobody has the combination of arm talent, work ethic, leadership and mobility that he does and he's only going to get better.

We have him cheap for now and we also have the best young defense in the NFL and a monster running game.

Conservatively, we win the next 3 straight. Maybe more later.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• At least three. Separation is in the preperation.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I went with 2. I want more but there are sooo many variables that prediciting more than 2 is just hoping.

Even 2 may be a reach given the shit that can and will beset us.

Can you tell I have been following Seattle sports for over 50 years.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Just give me one. ONE, please, before I die.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

I'm predicting 2 of the next 3 and another thrown in sometime later (just for good measure). Nothing "stupid", IMO, about this poll. It is asking for the speculation of fans with great knowledge of the subject. I am (incredibly) happy with our progress and one should never be made to feel bad for feeling good. Besides, it's a frikin' msg board and our opinions will not likely influence this topic one way or the other. But I could be wrong. Go Hawks!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Just give me one. ONE, please, before I die.

Exactly how I feel. I'm not greedy.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• I'd be happy with one.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

• I went with one

You guys have a strong talented team. This coming season I believe your vets that you acquired will begin to feel each other out and build chemistry. Either that chemistry will blossom into a severe pain in the ass of every team in the NFCW or they won't gel and there will be drama in the locker room that transfers to the playing field like what happens with other star studded teams. Unfortunately if I am to be honest, I don't see your team pulling a "dream team" style collapse and instead will mesh pretty well and cause the division to not be decided until week 17.

If you guys don't win it all this year, then as long as your team's chemistry develops like I mentioned above, and as long as you guys avoid serious injury to key players, I believe that you will get it next year or the year after that, before RW or Sherman sign bigger contracts causing your team to have to let some of your more talented players walk if they refuse to take a pay cut to stay with the team.
    Last edited by NinerLifer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• A level-headed 49ers fan? Oh man, my head hurts now. Thanks a lot!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• One is hard enough to come by, but I believe Wilson is not only a good QB he is a great QB and if anyone can repeat it will be him. Conservatively I'll say 2, enthusiastically I'll say 3 or more. :mrgreen:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• 10 to 15 years....

You have to imagine all the other things that will happen and things that might happen.

We know that Pete won't be coaching that entire time.
    We know that our Coordinators and coaching staff in general will be consistently recruited away.
    We know that Wilson's (and others) payday will require severe cuts.

Probably the NFCW will be among the toughest divisions over that time.
    Probably SF will be able to develop young talent seeing how they're handling drafting over the past season.
    Probably Rams will get consistently better and potentially much better.
    Probably the NFCW will have the toughest Ds a QB has to face in a single division.
    Probably there will be injury related "lost" seasons when a couple pro-bowlers go down.

So, you have to ask if RW can win in '13 and/or in '14.
    Then when all the above really starts to hurt, how does it play out. Is his talent high enough to compensate for the loss of multiple starters on a yearly basis going forward? In some years, probably, but probably not every year. It will come down to how the rest of the division and league build and grow. At least we don't have to worry much about AZ for a while....

I'd guess 1 in the next 2 years. Another one in the 5 years following. Another one in the following 7 years. If the stars align, it's possible to set up for a repeat at one of those times. The cap management is too big an issue for me to expect more.

The only way around the loss of talent is to expect JS to remain with the team that entire time and for the FO to consistently hit it big on low cost players even moreso than they have up to this point (to make up for the paydays in the next few seasons).
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

• 0 or more.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

I'm saying at least 1 per year that Russell is our QB. Too much?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• "We're talkin a minimum fifteen-peat there, Bahb"
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I think one, and I wouldn't be surprised as a Seattle fan if we manage to win zero. It takes more than a great roster and coach to win - it takes a little luck, too. I'd be thrilled with one, and I think the next ten years will be out biggest window ever.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• With the talent we currently have BEFORE the draft, and to add further depth/competition afterwards, I fully expect a Superbowl appearance this year and the next. I'm confident in the experience we have garnered the last couple of years on defense, and the progression we have witnessed on offense with added weapons (Harvin) that we will win two Superbowl's consecutively.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I PERSONALLY always hated polls like this, simply because you never know what is going to happen over a DECADE... (who stays healthy, who leaves from FA, BAD DRAFTS etc.)

All I will say to Hawk fans is ENJOY the ride... it doesnt last forever and it will end before you are ready for it to.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• AF_Hawk wrote:With the talent we currently have BEFORE the draft, and to add further depth/competition afterwards, I fully expect a Superbowl appearance this year and the next. I'm confident in the experience we have garnered the last couple of years on defense, and the progression we have witnessed on offense with added weapons (Harvin) that we will win two Superbowl's consecutively.

My question is how will the team do AWAY from home against GOOD to great teams... They have had trouble away from home.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• FlyingGreg wrote:

You mean like the Rams games this year? The 49ers were suppose to be a VASTLY superior team (or the Vikings and Giants double digit losses)??? doohh!

The 49ers are good but so are the Seahawks, each game between these teams will continue to intensify as the rivalry kick it up another notch.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• My $.02:

Seahawks will be lucky to win 2 Super Bowls in the next decade (hope I'm wrong though). As the Baltimore Ravens can attest to, Free Agency is a bitch.
    #BurnTheGrayPants
    sa_seahawker
    NET Bench Warmer

• PatsFanNH wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:With the talent we currently have BEFORE the draft, and to add further depth/competition afterwards, I fully expect a Superbowl appearance this year and the next. I'm confident in the experience we have garnered the last couple of years on defense, and the progression we have witnessed on offense with added weapons (Harvin) that we will win two Superbowl's consecutively.

My question is how will the team do AWAY from home against GOOD to great teams... They have had trouble away from home.

The experience and rapport the players have will help with whatever struggles they have endured. Obviously this is just my opinion of course, but I think the road struggles were a mirror image of a young team not able to close out drives/plays/games.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information