Doug Baldwin to be traded? (Colts, speculation)

themunn

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1m4q2hcj said:
This is a draft that Schneider has admiited, he likes the WR position as far as talent goes.

I could see a trade if it makes sense. Right now, we have 3 guys capable of playing the slot. This draft seems pretty deep at slot guys. It's a position we can get younger and cheaper in 2014 at, while maintaining quality. I'd hope we explore that option.

So you want to get rid of a cheap 24 year old a year removed from being the first UDFA in about 50 years to lead his team in yards and receptions to get one of these guys?

acbass

Reaction score
I know it means absolutely nothing, but on my season in Madden 13, after the first season I drafted a WR in the first round. I then had a trade request for Doug Baldwin from Indianapolis for a 3rd round pick. Thought that was kind of crazy...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Dude, that article is 100% self-described SPECULATION based on nothing but Doug's prior relationships with Luck and Indy's OC.

Can't believe anyone is talking about this like it's a legit possibility. Doesn't make sense for either team.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hell no we don't shop Baldwin. Won't trade him either, unless the trade is absolutely ridiculous and we fleece Indy out of a very high pick. I'd say front office wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade for less than a first or second, and that's not going to happen. Otherwise it isn't worth it. Baldwin is a known entity and a proven quality player. No way we get that in a third or fourth rounder without a gamble.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1ux0q4ln said:
Smelly McUgly":1ux0q4ln said:
Baldwin in 4 WR sets and his salary that makes him basically free to us unless Grigson is offering a third or higher.

Agreement. He has third round value TO US, imo.

To Indy? Dunno.
Well BFS, if he does have third round value in the Seahawks evaluation chart that Pete and John probably pretty much adhere to, then unless they think that they might be able to take a 4th or lower and group it with another 4th or 5th of their own and move up to grab some other Receiver or maybe another position that might tickle their fancy in this draft, if they have some particular player that they want up the hill that they'd be willing enough to take a chance on?
PC & JS have done some off the wall moves that have paid off big time, and some moves that I bet they wish that they could take back, but if they could turn down a trade deal with the Buc's for L. Washington, who knows what they might be tempted do here LOL

pinksheets

Reaction score
I think the biggest crux to me is how high of a pick do you spend to replace Baldwin? Is he your #4? Yeah, kind of, but he's going to be your go to slot guy in a lot of cases depending where Percy is lined up (and we've talked a lot about him in the backfield). Dougie is on a minimum contract and under team control for 2 more seasons with the RFA tag. I don't see the value in a trade that isn't an overpay.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
"On Golden Pond".
Could that be a subtle reference to Golden Tate? If so, I would think the trade compensation would be at the very least a 2-nd rounder+, if not a 1-st. I'm thinking that might not be a bad trade considering the overload at slot receiver and the expressed desire to go bigger at WR. With that higher pick, several of the taller WR's could come into play, or perhaps even DeAndre Hopkins! If that were possible I'd think the Seahawks would probably be fairly interested.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Two new tweets from Irsay just now:

Jim Irsay‏@JimIrsay
We're still n the hunt for WR n others..it's never DONE until it's DONE! We ride the roller coaster,just like u guys! Nerve racking stuff!

Jim Irsay‏@JimIrsay
Colt Fans,I just give u an inside view,blow by blow...it's not teasing or anything like that..ups n downs,getting close then stalling out...

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if it was Golden despite the movie reference, or even Doug... They have to like Hilton in the slot and given Reggie Wayne's age, they have to target outside guys and probably taller guys... Cruz, Baldwin, Tate, Bess all don't fit that bill, imo. Maclin isn't a big guy, but plays outside, has a contract due up, has a new coach and a team that isn't settled at QB, so extending him doesn't make a lot of financial sense. Better to get some value for him now.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Gah. I like our set of wide receivers. No reason to trade unless someone wants to overpay significantly imo.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I guess a trade for Golden makes sense if the Hawks have no plans to resign him after next season. I wouldn't do it for anything less than a 3rd rounder. A Baldwin trade doesn't make sense to me, especially with Harvin's injury history.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This better not happen, our WR group is pretty solid right now. Why weaken it for a late rd pick at best?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Harvin's best year was his rookie year and his DYAR on FO was nearly identical to Baldwin's rookie year. Last season Tate had a much better season than either of them according to DYAR.

So I figure if Harvin is worth a 1st rounder then so is Baldwin and Tate is completely off the board. Anything else wouldn't make any sense.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I'm really not sweating it. Our top 3 wideouts Rice, Harvin and Tate are pretty darn good. With Miller coming on late in the season 4 really good weapons to throw to.

Yes.. depth is good but Baldwin really underwhelmed last year. I'm fine with trading him or keeping him, we're good both ways, IMO.

Smoke

Reaction score
On his face book page he is talking about how he heard the rumors and that he talked to his agent and management and said that he "highly doubts" that those rumors are true.

That probably means he's good as done

BallHawk

Reaction score
Dbfresh ‏@DougBaldwinJr
Check it, I ain’t going anywhere! Word?! Word!

Take it from the man himself he seems convinced nothing is happening

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
BallHawker":22sfcljp said:
Dbfresh ‏@DougBaldwinJr

Great to hear. One of my favorite players...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
BallHawker":1r0mgy77 said:
Dbfresh ‏@DougBaldwinJr

Hot Dog!! Doug is a very valuable asset to our team this year. While he may not have "blinding speed" to get separation on every play, he has developed a set of "good hands".