How many Super Bowls does Seattle win in the next decade?

How many Super Bowls will Seattle win in the next 10 years?

Votes: 10 6.3%

Votes: 26 16.5%

Votes: 50 31.6%

Votes: 42 26.6%

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • more then 4

Votes: 20 12.7%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Please try to answer honestly and realistically, not thru your blue colored glasses. 49er fans or any other opposing fans please weigh in as well, i'd love to hear your thoughts.

As a Blazer fan i've been tricked before. Roy and Aldridge. Then we win the #1 pick and Charles Barkley is promising us not just 1, but multiple championships if we draft Greg Oden. We all know what happened from there...

Now for the Seahawks...

I fully expect Russell Wilson to win us a Super Bowl somewhere in his career. I'm not 100% certain that it will be this year but I am pretty certain it will be sometime in the next 3 or 4 years.

Here's my prediction:

This year we make it to the NFC Championship and lose. SF wins the Super Bowl :pukeface: After this year we pull a repeat, with back to back Super Bowl victories. Then Pete Carroll retires, our roster takes some hits due to salary cap issues, we remain a good team with Wilson and we lose another Super Bowl somewhere in the following 5 years. Then Russell wins us one more in his later years for a total of three.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Haha. You say not to see thru blue colored glasses, then predict 3 Super Bowls. I'll go with 1. Not easy to win those things as we have already proved as a franchise.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hedgehawk":1djfo12b said:
Haha. You say not to see thru blue colored glasses, then predict 3 Super Bowls. I'll go with 1. Not easy to win those things as we have already proved as a franchise.

Yes, but the first one is always the toughest. :D It seems like you rarely see the great qb's win just one. They either win none, or more then one. (of course thats just off the top of my head, no research to back it up)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SF was 11-4-1 this past season, scored less points than us and gave up more points than us... I dunno why there is this opinion of them that they are some sort of juggernaut. I was at that game on sunday night where we dominated them. Tired of hearing about it. They are a good team but they aren't unstoppable.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1zobspk5 said:
SF was 11-4-1 this past season, scored less points than us and gave up more points than us... I dunno why there is this opinion of them that they are some sort of juggernaut. I was at that game on sunday night where we dominated them. Tired of hearing about it. They are a good team but they aren't unstoppable.

Yep, but they won the games they were supposed to...unlike us (see: Miami, Detroit).

Hopefully we learned that lesson.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Today's NFL is just too volatile with free agency and such that it is almost silly to to look more than 2-3 years in the future. I just want to be able to say "World champion Seattle Seahawks" at least once in my life. I vote for two, because I think having a elite QB with poise and leadership is the absolute foundation to winning multiple Super Bowls. We have that, and because of it, as good as shot as any to win more than one.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2o7ej7pd said:
hedgehawk":2o7ej7pd said:

Yes, but the first one is always the toughest. :D It seems like you rarely see the great qb's win just one. They either win none, or more then one. (of course thats just off the top of my head, no research to back it up)

That's true. Not trying to give you shit, I just really want that 1st one then go from there.

warden

Reaction score
hedgehawk":2qrs9pw0 said:
JSeahawks":2qrs9pw0 said:
hedgehawk":2qrs9pw0 said:

That's true. Not trying to give you shit, I just really want that 1st one then go from there.

Peyton Manning only has one, Brees has only one, Rodgers has only one. Problem is to win a Super Bowl you need a great team to go with that great QB. Hard to have a great team when your QB starts to eat up 20 mil of your cap dollar. Brady has it right, has structured his contract to allow his team to build a supporting cast around him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":330lftzx said:
Hawknballs":330lftzx said:

Yep, but they won the games they were supposed to...unlike us (see: Miami, Detroit).

I'd rather lose to miami or detroit on the road than get thumped by pretty much anyone at home the way the giants took apart SF.

Or "tie" the rams at home.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Well we have 3 more years of RW on his rookie salary, if we don't win one by then, i don't think we will. We have a two year window right now to keep the team we have together almost completely intact for 2013 and 2014. Things get a little tougher after that. So I think we will get 2 SB's. One this year or next, and one that is on the backs of a few new guys we don't even have on the roster yet. If RW doesn't get to 3 SB's in his career I think he will be disappointed in himself.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
pretty stupid poll if u watch basketball Lebron did the same thing n jinxed it for a little while wait til we win one to start putting these kinda posts up.

warden

Reaction score
Judging from the teams recent activity, now is the time in the Teams mind.

Not only do we have good starters we have good depth. Losing Wilson for a couple of games is not the end of the world, we have Flynn. losing a DE is not the end of the world we are very deep at that position. We are deep at WR. Stay healthy at LB, in our secondary and on the OL we will be in the running.

The Radish

Reaction score
When we win one then and only then will I allow myself to think about another. One at a time.

:les:

SE174

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":119i4cma said:
Hawknballs":119i4cma said:

*cough* Minnesota, St. Louis *cough*

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
One. I'm going to be on the safe side. A world title is hard to come by.

But if we are going to win more than one, it will definately be on the shoulders of Russell Wilson. I see greatness in him.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SE174":1tfqquda said:
FlyingGreg":1tfqquda said:
Hawknballs":1tfqquda said:

*cough* Minnesota, St. Louis *cough*

*cough* They won the division based on us losing two games we had no business losing. The Rams owned the division last season and the Vikings were a playoff team.

The 49ers also won the games they had to win to get to the Super Bowl. We could have said that, except for the last 30 seconds in Atlanta.

grizbob

Reaction score
Damn J, feel like I should whop you up side your head!! Bad enough you pick us to lose the NFC Championship, you double down with niners as S.B. Champs :141847_bnono: on a serious note, I honestly feel if we don't do it this season, the chances of me seeing it happen are slim :49ersmall:

Latest posts