Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!

Barthawk

Reaction score
I just may have to go to the Houston game again this season.. 09 was not a pretty site.. Houston/Seattle game should be a good one...

we are going to be good, but lets stay healthy first before we start booking hotel rooms in Manhattan

RichNhansom

Reaction score
davidonmi":3kjouhop said:
Clayton and Sando have both made points about this, SF's defense doesn't rotate, I mean that can't help but age players quicker then they normally would. Also I don't know how healthy Justin Smith will be and Aldon (who just had surgery btw) hasn't proven he can play without him. I think the 9ers have a declining defense, however their offense will still be great don't get me wrong

Frank Gore, born May 14 1983. There's their offensive juggernaut and Kaepernick without him will be Aldon Smith without Justin Smith 2.0.

If you haven't done the math. Gore will be 30 years old in less than 2 months and if you follow the careers of RB's and the age barrier that 30 years old represents, it is just as likely we will see a significant drop off from Gore soon as well and with it Kaepernick will be exposed.

If I were a Niner fan I would very very worried. They can pull the wool over their eye's all they want but way to many things are adding up.

Loss of multiple key players in FA? Check.

Existing elite players (the best two on the team) hitting massive age barriers? Check.

Harbaugh over playing his veterans and not giving younger players playing time? Check.

A very powerful division rival who looked like the better team at the end of last season making key moves in FA to only get better? Check

Right now there are two facts (paper facts but facts none the less) The Niners are weaker then they were at the end of last season due to age and loss of key personnel and the Seahawks are stronger than they were at the end of last season for exactly the opposite reasons.

If your an intelligent Niners fan ( I know oxymoron) you are praying that Justin Smith and Frank Gore can last another season. That Balke finds suitable replacements in the draft. That Boldin is what he was in the playoffs and not what he was all season long. That someone steps up and fills the critical need at nose tackle were they lost their starter and backup. That you can find a suitable replacement TE and Safety. That Manningham will be able to play next season. More than probably anything else, they are hoping that the Seahawks moves in FA somehow don't work out but they know as well as we do that the moves we made in FA will only make us better.

The problem is, they need all of that to happen, not just one or two things and the odds of that are near zero. I can't wait to see things unravel for Harbaugh and company. It will be sweet to see him and the Niners organization melt back to mediocrity or worse.

The Radish

Reaction score
I'll wager Gore looks like a bright eyed bushy tailed 24 year old against us. He's always seemed to have our number.

But 30 does seem to be the number that starts many downhill in running backs.

:les:

Largent80

Reaction score
Gore 6 carries for 24 yards in our December game. Hahahaha...what happened?

They got their asses behind that is what happened, and they had better get used to it this year.

The Radish

Reaction score
Largent80":3fje9i9e said:

They got their asses behind that is what happened, and they had better get used to it this year.

Yes they had to quit running in that game in the first quarter. But one game does not change the fact that he has blistered us many times. As I recall once for over 200 yards.

Everyone seems to think that one game is going to change everything involving our 2 teams and I disagree. I can't think of any team that wants to beat us more now.

:roll:

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
kidhawk":1eh0gvr0 said:
Geez man, I don't know if my feelings should be hurt...you dislike me so much that you don't even want to post in my thread and gotta start your own :laugh:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66656

What, you're pushing 10K posts and expect me never to miss one?!? You know love and hate, they aren't opposites kidhawk, they are brethren. When I become indifferent, then you widdwe feewings can be hurt! :mrgreen:

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Aros":1i7mh0oj said:
Scares me too.

Scares. Me. Too.

You know, I do see your point here and for a minute it is tempting to agree, but I don't and here's why; I really think these guys are young, hungry, and we have the coach who can keep them focused. If we are to become a "Dynasty" like I know we all would dealy love to see, this is the kind of press our guys are gonna have to learn to hear and push themselves to exceed the hype.

Plus, after having been a fan since I was a small child at the very start, it just feels too damn good to finally get some respect and not have to already have sewed up a playoff spot to get it. This is the freakin' offseason, not even that close to the draft and they're blowing out horn; what Bizarro world is this anyway?!?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Let's look at the last 8 Super Bowl winners

Pittsburgh*
Indianapolis
NYG
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
Saints
Packers
Giants
Ravens

Of those; One (Indianapolis) would have been considered easy preseason favorites to win the Super Bowl. Pre seaon favorites mean nothing. We have to win tough road games next year, let's do that, stay healthy, and let the chips fall where they may.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Do not worry or be fearful , our metamorphosis is almost complete. Go Hawks.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
The Radish":2m8sbhqh said:
Largent80":2m8sbhqh said:

Yes they had to quit running in that game in the first quarter. But one game does not change the fact that he has blistered us many times. As I recall once for over 200 yards.

Everyone seems to think that one game is going to change everything involving our 2 teams and I disagree. I can't think of any team that wants to beat us more now.

Alex Smith would have made the game much closer and got Gore into it. The problem was the QB change that led to an offensive change. Smith handed off to Gore so quick off the snap that he was at full speed in the second level in the blink of an eye, this is the type of ground game we are weak to. You take away that advantage and even though you still have a good OL our defense can contain a RB much better.

Gore is miscast with Kap in the shotgun and Gore behind him and even though they don't run a full time pistol formation, it does take snaps away from Gore's bread and butter, and he's at that point in his career where he's getting too old to learn new tricks. Harbaugh has a lot of work to do turning Gore back into Gore, and getting Kaepernick ready to improve on his reads and decision making.

As for the chip on our shoulder...this is where PC wanted us drafting the personalities that he did. For better or worse, we're not the underdog anymore, by design.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
As long as none of the players start talking dream team BS, I don't mind it. Russell Wilson is the leader now and all he cares about is winning and improving.

This team had needs and they addressed them. It will not change the personality or focus of this team. A team that was playing some pretty damn good football as the season ended.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Media attention. After all these years we are finally a hot topic in the NFL.

I prefer a superbowl victory any day. Hope these talking heads are right.... I for one believe they are this time :th2thumbs:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":28bio0nz said:
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.

Fair enough. I assume he will feature Frank Gore next year, but that may not be the case.

The Radish

Reaction score
Lady Talon":10u59jsn said:
Smelly McUgly":10u59jsn said:
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.

Fair enough. I assume he will feature Frank Gore next year, but that may not be the case.

You know LT,,,I have to read your posts quickly cause watching your avatar makes my shoulder hurt.

:D

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Lady Talon":188yxq2w said:
Smelly McUgly":188yxq2w said:

That's a fair assumption, and I likely should have explained myself better instead of being shorter than I intended.

What I have seen of Hunter suggests that he is Gore-lite with more of a burst. Part of the reason for what I think will happen is that Hunter will get more carries to keep Gore fresh for the playoffs, and the other part is that LMJ can act as a poor-man's Percy Harvin that gives SF a bit more in the option game. They can do all sorts of crazy stuff back there considering LMJ's versatility.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
The Radish":2zez8xhl said:
Lady Talon":2zez8xhl said:
Smelly McUgly":2zez8xhl said:

You know LT,,,I have to read your posts quickly cause watching your avatar makes my shoulder hurt.

:D

LOL should I feel guilty and rub it for you? :p

Why does a blonde wear shoulder pads? I've heard it my whole life. Might as well embrace it. :D

The Radish

Reaction score
Why does a blonde wear shoulder pads? I've heard it my whole life. Might as well embrace it.

You don't dare do that cause we all know a blonde can't have the football knowledge you seem to. Its not only bad for your image, its bad for ours. lol