Tony Gonzalez back with Atlanta. 2 years $14 million

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Figured after he got a taste of playoff success he'd come back for more. They've built a really good offense down there in Atlanta.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Decimation":1nkjyrfo said:
Wow 2 years? That's a shocker to me.
The odds are strongly against him playing two years. this just allows them to roll some of his cap hit to next year as they are a bit against the cap right now.

drdiags

Reaction score
ATL needs to be drafting his replacement this year. The 2nd year according to the article was more for accounting purposes and it isn't clear that he would play in 2014. $7M is guaranteed so probably used the 2nd year to spread out the hit on the cap. States Robinson, Abraham and Turner were cut to make this happen.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Atlanta is much of a contender, but I do think they'll win another 11 or so games next year. Great offense = more regular season wins. Kind of sucks that we draw them in Atlanta next year. It could prove to be a big game in terms of seeding. Atlanta was really tough in their building last year, and knowing the NFL, they'll make it a 10 am game again.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
kearly":313w8w7d said:
I don't think Atlanta is much of a contender, but I do think they'll win another 11 or so games next year. Great offense = more regular season wins. Kind of sucks that we draw them in Atlanta next year. It could prove to be a big game in terms of seeding. Atlanta was really tough in their building last year, and knowing the NFL, they'll make it a 10 am game again.

I would like to open the season there in PrimeTime, but there is an old adage about what you wish for.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2b9c7sc7 said:
Decimation":2b9c7sc7 said:
Wow 2 years? That's a shocker to me.
The odds are strongly against him playing two years. this just allows them to roll some of his cap hit to next year as they are a bit against the cap right now.

And if he decides he does want to come back again in 2014 they already have him under contract.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Their offense arguably got better this offseason while their already suspect defense took a hit. Honestly, their D-line looks incredibly small, week, with no dynamic play-making abilities, and their secondary is overly-aggressive and small.

They're going to be giving up a lot of points, and giving up a lot of leads imo.

Seaswab

Reaction score
So we all had to cry for him last year and now he comes back. Typical

Spokane

Reaction score
There is a reason why people like to hang it up after winning it all!
Mike Holmgren said after the Seahawks Super Bowl loss "I had dreams of riding out on a white horse"
He wanted to be done and at the top.
He could hate this move mid-season!

hawker84

Reaction score
SH*t.. not happy about that.. better get our middle zone coverage dialed in this year.. he was unstoppable last year against us.

heyu123

Reaction score
Way to pull a Brett Favre, Tony.

Why do guys play up they're retiring if they're just going to come back again?

Latest posts