Draftniks, regarding the Harvin trade...

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Assuming that we could have packaged the same deal (this years first, 7th and a 4th rounder next year) to move up to #1 overall (I know it wouldn't be enough, but just go with it):

Who do you take, and do you like him better than Harvin?

ivotuk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1nz3sra9 said:
Assuming that we could have packaged the same deal (this years first, 7th and a 4th rounder next year) to move up to #1 overall (I know it wouldn't be enough, but just go with it):

Who do you take, and do you like him better than Harvin?

We could probably move up enough to get Sheldon Richardson. I love the guy because he would bring to our defense what Marshwan Lynch brought to our offense. A non stop motor that keeps going until the ball carrier is down. His play will rub off on his team mates and that will keep this a top 5 - 10 defense.

Would I take Sheldon over Percy? Thats hard to say. Harvins play would probably equal more wins.

kearly

Reaction score
Money is a factor too. I think if you count the money in draft pick terms, it could probably get you into the top 10. Personally, I wouldn't have traded up this year.

Given the events of FA, I'd take Luke Joekel. I'd rather have Joekel than Harvin. There are some receivers I love through the rest of the draft and that plays a factor.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If Seattle had the #1 pick I suppose they could've looked at Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson. Joeckel is solid but yeah... right tackle at #1 overall? If we needed a left tackle I'd take him or Fisher.

I'm a big fan of Richardson and I think Jordan will have a good career... but there isn't anyone that I'd pine for over Harvin. I'm very comfortable with the deal for Percy and from a pure talent stand point he is superior to any other skill player in this draft.

kearly

Reaction score
True, I'm not sure if Joekel is even a Tom Cable type, for that matter. I just think that with Bennett here, the upgrade at Giacomini is the biggest on the roster at the moment. I would not be shocked one tiny bit if our pick at #56 was an offensive tackle.