Superstar in this draft

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
This draft seems pretty solid but not spectacular.

OLineman are boring, QBs nowhere near the hype of last year, no second coming of Cortez Kennedy...

But there will be some future stars.

Just for fun .net.

Make your predictions, who are the future stars of this draft?

kearly

Reaction score
Jarvis Jones. I'd put money on him if he stays healthy.

Armonty Bryant, Cordarrelle Patterson and Courtney Greene have the potential. Something tells me that Tavon Austin will be more like LaMichael James at WR than Percy Harvin.

I think Ryan Swope will be a terrific pro. I think at a minimum, John Simon will be a better version of Paul Kruger. DeAndre Hopkins will be a multiple season 1000 yard receiver. I don't think Tyler Eifert won't blow anyone away, but I think he'll be a top 10 TE in the NFL in fantasy points if he goes to the right kind of team. Gavin Escobar gives me Aaron Hernandez vibes.

If Matt Scott lands on the right team, I could see him surprising a lot of people. Geno Smith would be scary for Chip Kelly. Matt Barkley would win superbowls in Seattle. Too bad for him that this now has zero chance of happening.

Do O-lineman count as superstars? Because I think this is one of the best OL groups ever.

With this many good players, I really doubt all of them will just be solid pros. You'll have a ton of pro-bowlers out of this draft.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Barkevious Mingo . . . Just the name alone has SuperStar written all over it / Sarcasm

OP
OP
3Girls'HawkDad

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Jarvis Jones was my thought behind this thread.

I think Swope will be a steal to whomever/wherever he goes.

Geno to the Eagles? Damn, I can not wait to see what Kelly does. I hope he sticks to his system ala Pete. The NFL needs some out of the box, paradigm shifts.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think Dee Milliner will have a Joe Haden type career.

Matt Barkley for me will surprise a few people on the right team.

Dion Jordan could be a beast.

Ryan Swope is the best bet for a 'why didn't he go earlier?' assessment in a few years.

Sheldon Richardson has everything you want for a Dockett type of career.

And as Kip says, Jarvis Jones is just a flat out playmaker.

kearly

Reaction score
Forgot Dee Milliner. He deserves the hype. He's Joe Haden plus plus.

Chawker

Reaction score
This is an easy call for me, the most well balanced, talented person who can do it all, is M. Lattimore. His ability to run, catch and block ranks right up there with the likes of Emmit & Walter! But, oooh! he got hurt, some people can't see the bar of gold in front of them if you drop it on their foot. If the Rams get Lattimore we'll lose the division to them by week 14. If we pass on him at 56 it will be worse then drafting Lamar King and Rick Mirer in the same draft, or maybe trading up to get them.
But, on the other hand if we do end up with him the superbowl is all ours. Yup! he's my boy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":373ux7oe said:
Jarvis Jones. I'd put money on him if he stays healthy.

Armonty Bryant, Cordarrelle Patterson and Courtney Greene have the potential. Something tells me that Tavon Austin will be more like LaMichael James at WR than Percy Harvin.

I think Ryan Swope will be a terrific pro. I think at a minimum, John Simon will be a better version of Paul Kruger. DeAndre Hopkins will be a multiple season 1000 yard receiver. I don't think Tyler Eifert won't blow anyone away, but I think he'll be a top 10 TE in the NFL in fantasy points if he goes to the right kind of team. Gavin Escobar gives me Aaron Hernandez vibes.

If Matt Scott lands on the right team, I could see him surprising a lot of people. Geno Smith would be scary for Chip Kelly. Matt Barkley would win superbowls in Seattle. Too bad for him that this now has zero chance of happening.

Do O-lineman count as superstars? Because I think this is one of the best OL groups ever.

With this many good players, I really doubt all of them will just be solid pros. You'll have a ton of pro-bowlers out of this draft.
I think there'd have been a very good chance we'd have drafted Matt Barkley if we hadn't found Russell last year.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I don't look at tape a lot, unless it is posted somewhere on here in the form of a highlight video. I do look at most of those that I am interested in. The best looking kid I've seen regardless of position, is Cordarelle Patterson.

I don't know how to identify good linemen, so with that caveat, I enter this opinion. I see his ceiling somewhere short of Megatron, but someone that ends up being part Percy Harvin/ part Julio Jones. Great ability to break tackles with great vision...great on bubble screens or on the deep post; a plus returner for sure...long strides like Percy, tall and back-of-the-endzone jumper like Jones or AJ Green.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ezekial Ansah will be a Superstar! From what I've watched, the guy has picked up the game like a natural, and his athleticism and length re off the charts.