Looks like Leroy Hill is for sure gone now

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Ah, love me some Leroy Hill. One of my favorite Hawks from the last decade. Not always the best decisions off the field but you knew he would bust his ass and thump some people on the field.

And Marcus Trufant is the last survivor from the Super Bowl team. (although officially he's not on the team at the moment either since he's a free agent).
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Leroy, but it's time to move on.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Ah, Leroy. It's been fun.

Unrelated, but I see that Toomer is on the roster. I thought someone just posted yesterday that he had been cut?
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• I'm going to miss Leroy and his 1 year deals. He was always worth 1 good thread per year on. NET after his yearly off-season arrest. Good times.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• RIP Leroy. You were undoubtedly the seahawks cockroach of the past several years. And I mean that in the best way possible.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Seatown81's ownership of a LeRoy Hill jersey is the sole reason I have not stomped on him in 4 states.

3 states and a province, technically.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• How's that for a subtle message from the Front Office that your future here is "limited"? :roll:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Edit: Never mind. Kind of a self-answered question.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Isn't 56 a weird number for a DE? I am not familiar with the numbering sytems but it seems as if most DE's are in the 90's or 70's.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• bigtrain21 wrote:Isn't 56 a weird number for a DE? I am not familiar with the numbering sytems but it seems as if most DE's are in the 90's or 70's.

Chike disagrees with you.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• bigtrain21 wrote:Isn't 56 a weird number for a DE? I am not familiar with the numbering sytems but it seems as if most DE's are in the 90's or 70's.

Chike Okeofor wore 56 at DE before Leroy Hill got the number. Chris Doleman is another all time great DE who wore 56.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• According to http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index ... -jers-nums

numbers 50-59 are for LB's, so is Avril going to play Stronside LB for us and move KJ to MLB and Wagner to WLB? That would beef up pur run D, at least size wise.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:Isn't 56 a weird number for a DE? I am not familiar with the numbering sytems but it seems as if most DE's are in the 90's or 70's.

Here's a good numbering system resource. Also, Bruce is #51.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_number_(American_football)#NFL

Thanks. Yeah I wasn't even thinking of Irvin. Great point.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• Don't read anything into the numbers as regards position. When it come to D-Line it's pretty useless.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:Don't read anything into the numbers as regards position. When it come to D-Line it's pretty useless.

I think that "confusing" is the word!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• seahawks875 wrote:Cliff avril is now number 56, so it looks like they're not bringing back hill because they gave away his number. http://m.seahawks.com/s/30860/Roster?

Interestingly, he's wearing a number that can play both DE and LB.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Good! Now he can beat his women and smoke his doobies as a member of someone else's organization.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Wenhawk wrote:According to http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index ... -jers-nums

numbers 50-59 are for LB's, so is Avril going to play Stronside LB for us and move KJ to MLB and Wagner to WLB? That would beef up pur run D, at least size wise.

Jesus does this stuff never end, there is a reason Wagner is MLB, he was in the running for DROTY there, he's much better at run vs pass. Thats kind of like saying were moving Wilson to Slot since OBO is gone so Percy can be a duel threat as a QB/RB.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:According to http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index ... -jers-nums

Thats kind of like saying were moving Wilson to Slot since OBO is gone so Percy can be a duel threat as a QB/RB.

.........Jesus Christ monkeyballs...get. it. done.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:According to http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index ... -jers-nums

Jesus does this stuff never end, there is a reason Wagner is MLB, he was in the running for DROTY there, he's much better at run vs pass. Thats kind of like saying were moving Wilson to Slot since OBO is gone so Percy can be a duel threat as a QB/RB.

I know. :laugh: It seems that every time we get a player that excels at a position, somebody crawls out of the wookwork and says, well if he was good there, he'd be even better at this position, because.....well, he looks like he should play there.

Sometimes I wonder if fans pick players' positions by hair color or facial hair or shoe size or something.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

I know. :laugh: It seems that every time we get a player that excels at a position, somebody crawls out of the wookwork and says, well if he was good there, he'd be even better at this position, because.....well, he looks like he should play there.

Sometimes I wonder if fans pick players' positions by hair color or facial hair or shoe size or something.

Don't forget name too. I am convinced Manti Te'o wouldn't have been the sensation he was during the college regular season if his name was Herb Smith.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hill is the only UFA not listed on the Seahawks.com roster. At this point Patrick Chukwurah has a better shot at coming back.
    * NET Staff *

• kearly wrote:
    seahawks875 wrote:Cliff avril is now number 56, so it looks like they're not bringing back hill because they gave away his number. http://m.seahawks.com/s/30860/Roster?

That's a key point here. I'd guess our strategy is going to go even more in this direction, with guys being more versatile and interchangeable. They're like Legos. Plus, when you try to step on them, it's gonna hurt like hell.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seanhawk wrote: Don't forget name too. I am convinced Manti Te'o wouldn't have been the sensation he was during the college regular season if his name was Herb Smith.

The same can be said of Steve Stonebreaker.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Good! Now he can beat his women and smoke his doobies as a member of someone else's organization.

Those are two of my favorite hobbies.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• So, uh, Leroy has been let go?
    Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally. :sarcasm_off:
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Good! Now he can beat his women and smoke his doobies as a member of someone else's organization.

Those are two of my favorite hobbies.

Heyooo

Golden Tate broke my heart. He also ruined my 'Don't Hate Golden Tate' shirt.
    candybars
    NET Rookie

• Evil_Shenanigans wrote:So, uh, Leroy has been let go?
    Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally. :sarcasm_off:

Office space reference...nice.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• Can't LB's wear numbers in the 90's as well? You all really want this dude to be something he isn't.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    seahawks875 wrote:Cliff avril is now number 56, so it looks like they're not bringing back hill because they gave away his number. http://m.seahawks.com/s/30860/Roster?

That's a key point here. I'd guess our strategy is going to go even more in this direction, with guys being more versatile and interchangeable. They're like Legos. Plus, when you try to step on them, it's gonna hurt like hell.

LMAO

Everyday in my house: "how many times do I have to tell you to put these fricking Legos away when you're done?!?!?"

I really like what we're doing with these pick-ups. The guys we're getting are the guys we targeted specifically for their athleticism and versatility. At some point we will grab a bulldog- another FA or the draft for 1 or 3-tech type player that can hold his ground on a double team or collapse the pocket one-on-one.

As far as our needs now as a team however, we're starting to just get nitpicky. We're fine how we are. We're not going to see a lot of running in the latter parts of games (another reason for the ultra-athletic types we've grabbed) so I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab a slot corner early and another athletic DE/Will type guy with versatility. Who is out there in the draft that fits this bill?

I do have one burning question...

WHEN DOES FOOTBALL START?????? Wooooo Hoooooo!
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Rookie

____________________________________________________________________________
    "When I became a man I put away childish things. Including the desire to be very grown up."
    ~C.S. Lewis
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• Seanhawk wrote:Don't forget name too. I am convinced Manti Te'o wouldn't have been the sensation he was during the college regular season if his name was Herb Smith.

How about if it was Herb Smoak?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Well Leroy, I guess its 420 24-7 for you now. join the club :pimp:
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information