Looks like Leroy Hill is for sure gone now

HawksSoc

Reaction score
chris98251":3cztnhhh said:
Wenhawk":3cztnhhh said:
According to http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index ... -jers-nums

numbers 50-59 are for LB's, so is Avril going to play Stronside LB for us and move KJ to MLB and Wagner to WLB? That would beef up pur run D, at least size wise.

Thats kind of like saying were moving Wilson to Slot since OBO is gone so Percy can be a duel threat as a QB/RB.

.........Jesus Christ monkeyballs...get. it. done.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1s71jmbo said:
Wenhawk":1s71jmbo said:

numbers 50-59 are for LB's, so is Avril going to play Stronside LB for us and move KJ to MLB and Wagner to WLB? That would beef up pur run D, at least size wise.

Jesus does this stuff never end, there is a reason Wagner is MLB, he was in the running for DROTY there, he's much better at run vs pass. Thats kind of like saying were moving Wilson to Slot since OBO is gone so Percy can be a duel threat as a QB/RB.
I know. :laugh: It seems that every time we get a player that excels at a position, somebody crawls out of the wookwork and says, well if he was good there, he'd be even better at this position, because.....well, he looks like he should play there.

Sometimes I wonder if fans pick players' positions by hair color or facial hair or shoe size or something.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2r25ad5s said:
chris98251":2r25ad5s said:
Wenhawk":2r25ad5s said:

Jesus does this stuff never end, there is a reason Wagner is MLB, he was in the running for DROTY there, he's much better at run vs pass. Thats kind of like saying were moving Wilson to Slot since OBO is gone so Percy can be a duel threat as a QB/RB.
I know. :laugh: It seems that every time we get a player that excels at a position, somebody crawls out of the wookwork and says, well if he was good there, he'd be even better at this position, because.....well, he looks like he should play there.

Sometimes I wonder if fans pick players' positions by hair color or facial hair or shoe size or something.

Don't forget name too. I am convinced Manti Te'o wouldn't have been the sensation he was during the college regular season if his name was Herb Smith.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hill is the only UFA not listed on the Seahawks.com roster. At this point Patrick Chukwurah has a better shot at coming back.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kearly":6zp3zqbn said:
seahawks875":6zp3zqbn said:
Cliff avril is now number 56, so it looks like they're not bringing back hill because they gave away his number. http://m.seahawks.com/s/30860/Roster?

Interestingly, he's wearing a number that can play both DE and LB.

That's a key point here. I'd guess our strategy is going to go even more in this direction, with guys being more versatile and interchangeable. They're like Legos. Plus, when you try to step on them, it's gonna hurt like hell.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
So, uh, Leroy has been let go?
Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally. :sarcasm_off:

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":uu8fkb8n said:
So, uh, Leroy has been let go?
Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally. :sarcasm_off:

Office space reference...nice.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can't LB's wear numbers in the 90's as well? You all really want this dude to be something he isn't.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":268fa7pz said:
kearly":268fa7pz said:
seahawks875":268fa7pz said:
Cliff avril is now number 56, so it looks like they're not bringing back hill because they gave away his number. http://m.seahawks.com/s/30860/Roster?

Interestingly, he's wearing a number that can play both DE and LB.

That's a key point here. I'd guess our strategy is going to go even more in this direction, with guys being more versatile and interchangeable. They're like Legos. Plus, when you try to step on them, it's gonna hurt like hell.

LMAO

Everyday in my house: "how many times do I have to tell you to put these fricking Legos away when you're done?!?!?"

I really like what we're doing with these pick-ups. The guys we're getting are the guys we targeted specifically for their athleticism and versatility. At some point we will grab a bulldog- another FA or the draft for 1 or 3-tech type player that can hold his ground on a double team or collapse the pocket one-on-one.

As far as our needs now as a team however, we're starting to just get nitpicky. We're fine how we are. We're not going to see a lot of running in the latter parts of games (another reason for the ultra-athletic types we've grabbed) so I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab a slot corner early and another athletic DE/Will type guy with versatility. Who is out there in the draft that fits this bill?

I do have one burning question...

WHEN DOES FOOTBALL START?????? Wooooo Hoooooo!

HagFaithful

Reaction score
file.php

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seanhawk":bgumn96l said:
Don't forget name too. I am convinced Manti Te'o wouldn't have been the sensation he was during the college regular season if his name was Herb Smith.
How about if it was Herb Smoak?