Another new guy here.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Another new guy here.
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 am
  • Hey guys, long time lurker checking in. Figure its time I gave in. I know there seems to be more and more of us checking in lately but scouts honor, I'm a NW sports guy born and raised no worries fellas so take it easy on me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :sarcasm_on: ************
    so here's my off season thoughts/plan:
    -cut Flynn.
    -irvin is a bust.
    -we need to contact the elite sports trainers of the hawks..to make sure they know irvin needs to puts on muscle instead of fat so he doesn't lose his speed.
    -everyone that's not a probowler needs to be asked to restructure immediately before our cap issue cause us to release clem and sid.
    -this off season is a figment of our imagination, the long break has made the boards report crazy made up deals because we all know we need that rollover money..
    :sarcasm_off:

ok the intro part was serious though. hope to not rub anyone off in the wrong way, I respect the heck out of a lot of your guys football knowledge/insight and look forward to adding what I can to the mix.

brief off season plan,
    -sign a vet at dt. Hoping branch. But who knows with pete and js, I wouldn't put it past them to be in talks with some guy no ones really talking about.
    -sign a corner on a one year deal. Or maybe even woodson/reed(dont know if they're available still), allow earl to slide to corner on passing downs :242735:
    Draft
    -2nd: te. i think this position will provide the most impact/upgrade at the (mccoys) position next season.
    -3rd: LB. I think they will value someone athletic enough even if hes not highly touted, to bring in competition to replace hill.
    -4th: DT. Bring in a big monster space eater for possible run support this season.
    -5th: WR. They take a "chance" on a troubled/small school but high upside guy with size.
    -6th: CB. someone quick. i would say honeybadger but i think hes projected higher?

I think they go with whatever they feel gives the best chance of an immediate impact for next season, and i wouldn't be surprised if any of the first 3 were switched depending on whatever their board looks like (wouldn't that be a sight to see), obviously I have no clue what they're really going to do, but hey..what else is there to do in the off season. Go hawks!
    Last edited by Mr.Hawkbrah on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Re: Another new guy here.
Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:17 am
  • I'm not even gonna tackle your "offseason thoughts/plans", so I'll just say welcome!
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:19 am
  • Welcome, but uhhh........never mind.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 am
  • ouch, that bad huh? well you know what they say about first impressions..crap welp thats that ..lol. thanks anyways guys
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 am
  • Hawkbrah ... Welcome to the board! Stick around and don't let opinions run ya off.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:50 am
  • Earl has CB speed but not tall enough to cover big receivers, his niche is being able to play deep zone and go after them in a deep route, they would hot read him and do a jump ball or an out and just throw it high for a completion a lot like Jennings had happen. Jennings never got really beat, just matched up badly to the size of the players.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:05 am
  • Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:Hawkbrah ... Welcome to the board! Stick around and don't let opinions run ya off.

thanks for the kinds words my good sir. duly noted. As you can see in my op i have no issue with poking fun at myself, so i think ill be alright.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:16 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Earl has CB speed but not tall enough to cover big receivers, his niche is being able to play deep zone and go after them in a deep route, they would hot read him and do a jump ball or an out and just throw it high for a completion a lot like Jennings had happen. Jennings never got really beat, just matched up badly to the size of the players.

pardon my abuse of proper football terminology as i intended to write nickle corner, covering the likes of guys like welker and so on. but ive read on here enough to know lots of people hate the idea regardless and thats ok :th2thumbs:

not that they are going for broke in the future with all these short term deals, but it seems like there really trying to win now, i think anythings a possibility right now, if a future vet future hof like woodson or reed knock on their door im sure theyd at least entertain the idea. but hey maybe im just going a little crazy with the madden-esk team they're putting together.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:36 am
  • Call me old fashion but, I don't see how 8 sacks in your first year with virtually no moves is being a bust.

Anyway welcome!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 am
  • Wait, was just that last bullet point sarcastic? Or the whole off-season to-do list? (seriously, because there can be some crazy posts going on up in here) I'm hoping the later. Anyways, welcome aboard!
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:32 am
  • the 12 is gettng louder...
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 am
  • Welcome and :2: .

Irvin is NOT a bust BTW.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:17 am
  • Personally, I read that :sarcasm_off: as a reference to the entire list not the last bullet point. I don't think he was being serious until after that...
    debevemos
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:20 am
  • Right after :sarcasm_on: he said it was serious. I personally don't care what he thinks of Bruce, but just to say welcome aboard.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:53 am
  • Welcome aboard.

The intro part was before the "----" line, where he states he has born and raised in the PNW.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 am
  • Welcome to Seahawks.net

And remember anything anyone posts will immediately come under fire from someone or someones side.

Many forget here that all we have are opinions and yours and theirs is of equal value. For posters that forget that.........they find themselves at some other site.

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Call me old fashion but, I don't see how 8 sacks in your first year with virtually no moves is being a bust.

Anyway welcome!

i agree completely, and thank you. I love irvin and as long as he makes an impact like that (8 sacks) hes def playing his role well especially for the rookie, i love how js and pete chase unique talents like his and its been a breath of fresh air ever since they got here.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 am
  • debevemos wrote:Personally, I read that :sarcasm_off: as a reference to the entire list not the last bullet point. I don't think he was being serious until after that...

you nailed it. that whole first list was just poking a little fun at some of the awesome debates on this board over recent memory. i edited it with a sarcasm on button just to be clear. ive seen the sarcasm buttons used in different ways, but i should have been more clear as it was my first post and ya guys dont have much insight on my personality yet, my bad for the confusion guys! I can see how im getting a lot of shaking heads if you actually thought my first post was seriously calling irvin a bust lol.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:26 am
  • The Radish wrote:Welcome to Seahawks.net

And remember anything anyone posts will immediately come under fire from someone or someones side.

Many forget here that all we have are opinions and yours and theirs is of equal value. For posters that forget that.........they find themselves at some other site.

thanks! and yes thats the beauty of opinions, every has a right to their own and it leads to some awesome discussions on here.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 am
  • Welcome to seahawks.net brah brah
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:32 am
  • thanks for all the hospitality everyone! sorry for all the confusion, just to be clear...i love irvin as a pass rusher, i would never cut flynn(although i wouldnt be mad if he was packaged to move up in the draft), i trust pete and js to handle the cap perfect...and probably should have left out the sarcasm on my first post..but meh..isnt the first missunderstanding on here and im sure it wont be the last. were all on the same team and its going to be a great ride this year! :thirishdrinkers:
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am
  • Winterfell wrote:Welcome to seahawks.net brah brah

thank you sir! you guys are awesome here at .net. im glad to be here finally. was getting old posting about the hawks other places and getting ripped apart about sherm and pete, ect.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm
  • Welcome to the machine!

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 pm
  • Welcome rookie, now go carry my pads to the locker room.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 pm
  • :2:

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:Welcome rookie, now go carry my pads to the locker room.

you got it my man, ill even throw in some beast mode skittles if i get some leeway on any rookie mistakes (originally forgot sarcasm on button.)

nwgamer wrote:Welcome to the machine!

glad to apart of it!

razgriz737 wrote::2:

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

sounds good, seahawk lifer checking in.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:48 pm
  • Mr.Hawkbrah wrote:Hey guys, long time lurker checking in. Figure its time I gave in. I know there seems to be more and more of us checking in lately but scouts honor, I'm a NW sports guy born and raised no worries fellas so take it easy on me.

Same Goes for me, I'm on Seahawks.net Everyday. And finally decided to Join the Seahawks Nation.

Thanks LES for getting my account straightened out.
    And to Answer your question.. Yes I am Canadian From BC.

And i look forward to debating with some, but agreeing with most of you.

GO Canucks GO Seahawks :th2thumbs: :49ersmall:
    I Bleed Blue/Green/White
    Seattle Seahawks/Vancouver Canucks
    Always tuned into Covino & Rich (Sirius XM 104 - 9AM - 1 PM)
    seahawkcanuck
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:22 pm
  • The Radish wrote:And remember anything anyone posts will immediately come under fire from someone or someones side.

This simply isn't true. Get your facts straight.

Sheesh! :twisted:
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 pm
  • Welcome! Now make me a sandwich.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 pm
  • seahawkcanuck wrote:
    Mr.Hawkbrah wrote:Hey guys, long time lurker checking in. Figure its time I gave in. I know there seems to be more and more of us checking in lately but scouts honor, I'm a NW sports guy born and raised no worries fellas so take it easy on me.

Same Goes for me, I'm on Seahawks.net Everyday. And finally decided to Join the Seahawks Nation.

Thanks LES for getting my account straightened out.
    And to Answer your question.. Yes I am Canadian From BC.

And i look forward to debating with some, but agreeing with most of you.

GO Canucks GO Seahawks :th2thumbs: :49ersmall:

Glad to have you aboard Kev, a fan that had to work as hard as you to get here deserves our full attention.

On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm
  • Yes, indeed. It is about time. :0190l:

You won't regret joining .net... until you can't stop coming back.
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information