Sooooo...what now?

What would you like to see the team address at #56?

• 3-tech

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • LEO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • O-line

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • WR/TE

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":3j09f572 said:
One player I do think is GUARANTEED to be a Seahawk though- Denard Robinson. I guarantee you he's a Seahawk. He might even be a shocker pick at #56. I would bet you Seattle has a high 2nd grade on him- since his athleticism is 1st round level but he needs coaching up. He could be another Percy Harvin if coached up.

Pre-Harvin I would have definatly agreed with you. I still think its a possibility, and i'd still like the move, but I think he'd be a little redundant. Nothing wrong with redundant when its super athletic touchdown scorers though!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I picked WR/TE but WLB is right there too. We are soo set to get the best value from this draft.

TE's that could be considered in the 2nd
Ertz
Escobar
Reed
McDonald
Kelce

Wr's that could be had in the 2nd
Woods
Hopkins
Williams
Hunter
Rodgers
Wheaton
Swope
Patton
Baily
Dobson

LB's that could be 2nd round picks
Ogletree
Green
Brown
Moore
Williams
Collins
Bostic
Porter
Godman
Alanso
Reddick

There is a ton to choose from and If I was a betting man my top 5 guees would be

Zach Ertz
Aurther Brown
Kaseem Green
Jordan Reed
Justin Hunter

G

My dream scenario...

Trade our 2014 1st rounder & Matt Flynn to JAX for their 2nd & 3rd round picks in this year's draft. Our 2014 1st & their 2013 2nd (value wise) are pretty much a wash if we take care of business... and that leaves Flynn for their 3rd. JAX likes this deal because they're going to suck this season anyways, and it gives them two 1sts next year in a stronger draft with a chance to go all-in on a franchise player. We like this deal because it helps our cap, and allows us to fill our only remaining voids right now in a draft with nice 2nd & 3rd round depth.

#33 (from JAX) Arthur Brown - WLB (the potential & versatility of a Wagner/Wright/Brown LB corps is just dirrrty)
#56 Tyrann Mathieu - Slot Corner (I doubt he's around much longer than this - perfect way to round out the LOB)
#64 (from JAX) Brandon Williams - DT love his skillset & versatility for the role that Mebane or Branch filled last year.
#87 Travis Kelce - My fav TE in the draft, eventually takes over for Miller (future cap casualty)
#120 DJ Swearinger - I'd love to have this guy as Thomas' back-up.
#131 Montori Hughes - Groom him in Red Bryant's role.
#151 David Quessenberry - OT/OG versatile, mean, nasty, ZBS friendly.
#184 Rodney Smith - 6'6" WR who was underutilized @ FSU... Willing blocker, 4.5 speed, reliable hands. Needs polishing.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3lygeyh0 said:
kearly":3lygeyh0 said:
One player I do think is GUARANTEED to be a Seahawk though- Denard Robinson. I guarantee you he's a Seahawk. He might even be a shocker pick at #56. I would bet you Seattle has a high 2nd grade on him- since his athleticism is 1st round level but he needs coaching up. He could be another Percy Harvin if coached up.

Pre-Harvin I would have definatly agreed with you. I still think its a possibility, and i'd still like the move, but I think he'd be a little redundant. Nothing wrong with redundant when its super athletic touchdown scorers though!

They might lose Tate in free agency next year. Plus they need a 3rd down running back. Robinson is already a really nice option as a Leon Washington type player, and he might be able to grow into being a Golden Tate type receiver. IMO, Robinson makes more sense today than he did pre-Harvin since Washington is gone now and Denard Robinson is more of a RB, IMO.

Nothing about Harvin/Robinson is redundant anyway. You could line up 2 Percy Harvin's and one Jordy Nelson type and have an amazing offense- which btw is exactly what Seattle is trying to implement. And besides that, Robinson would be pretty unlikely to play WR much in 2013. He'd start out at RB and work his way into a WR role after a few years of coaching up. He'd be a RB/KR that would also act as injury/FA insurance for Tate/Harvin.

Personally, I'd wait til the early 5th to get Robinson, but it seems the media is finally starting to figure Robinson out the way I did instantly, that he's a RB who might be a WR later, and that his talent/risk might vault him into the 2nd day of the draft. It might, and if Seattle picked him in round 2 or 3, I'd probably support the pick.

Latest posts