Article: Russell Wilson a system QB

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Poorly researched article with lots of biased opinions. Doesn't carry much worth.

The comments to the article are better than the article itself! Thanks for sharing though!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Just an example of another hack trying to get attention to his Blog by being "edgy" and "against the grain".

FYI, the article failed on many levels - but calling Bruce Irvin Bruce IRWIN sealed it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
So what if he is?

Brees is.

Manning is.

Marino was.

The greatest quarterbacks master the system they play in.

And great coaches build workable systems around their QBs abilities.

So what?

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I don't think Bruce Irwin had that big of an inpact this year. :sarcasm_off:

nsport

Reaction score
Interesting - not entirely wrong - but I would bet if he split the stats from the first half to the 2nd half, RW would be right up there with the elite QB's.

Also - not his fault he has a great running back and stifling defense... if that's a system QB, I'll gladly take that. :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He says Wilson's stats are impressive for a rookie (which they are) but then knocks him because his number of TDs is similar to Fitzpatrick. But he throws out the fact that Wilson has thrown for more TDs than any other rookie EVER not named Peyton Manning. So by his own logic, Fitzpatrick is a better QB than every other rookie QB in history other than Wilson or Manning. Either Wilson had an impressive rookie season or he didn't. He can't have it both ways, praising him for good numbers but knocking him because they are similar to veteran stats. Because his numbers as a rookie were better than a lot of the vets' numbers as rookies.

Basis4day

Reaction score
So what if he is as long as it's our system he excels in?

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, the term itself was always meant to be demeaning. The implication being that pretty much any QB could step into that "system" and win a lot of games. Was TJ running the same 'system' last year? Well, kind of. Frankly, it's a moot point. Wilson is our QB and I'm glad.

:229031_shrug:

themunn

Reaction score
system QB means that they only excel because of the system they are in, and couldn't play another system

Ask Tom Brady to do what Russell Wilson does and vice versa. Who do you think would be more successful?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ve1g86q said:
Just an example of another hack trying to get attention to his Blog by being "edgy" and "against the grain".

FYI, the article failed on many levels - but calling Bruce Irvin Bruce IRWIN sealed it.

To be fair, there is only about three inches of space between the v and w on a keyboard. He may have just "fat fingered" it. :sarcasm_off:

razor150

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ncqw7hl3 said:
Yes he's a system QB. He has excelled in 3 different ones.

That was in college, which is easier for talented players to excel in no matter the system then in the NFL. Though it may be to soon to call Wilson a system QB.

Also, most players are system players. Joe Montana was and he is considered one of the best QBs ever, if not the best. I don't know why people feel like throwing that out there as if it is somehow an insult. Any coach with half a brain molds their gameplan around their players strengths.