Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Filling the 3Tech pass rush position
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:01 pm 
NET Starter

Assuming we don't resign Alan Branch,

If PC/JS aren't thrilled with the available FA 3-Tech DT's, and don't think they can get an immediate contributor with pick-56 in the draft -

Do you think it's possible they try to negotiate a player trade - swap player/pick(s) to acquire a 3-Tech DT they covet from another team?

Teams changing from 4-3 to 3-4 may have a player we covet that doesn't fit with that teams defensive changes?

Any thoughts on players they'd pursue under these circumstances?

Post subject: Re: Filling the 3Tech pass rush position
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Yes I think it is very possible, I'd prefer we don't give up anything more than a 5th for said player.

I believe Cleveland is transitions, New Orleans is, and I think one more team is too. Off hand I don't know which players could be on the block but this seems like a move our mgmt would make

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm 
NET Veteran

What about Anthony Hargrove i hav'nt heard anything about him since the bounty scandel seems he did alright and would hold his own ?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:39 am 
NET Starter

The Browns are changing from 4-3 to 3-4 and a few players I saw mentioned on Rob's site were Phil Taylor - DT and Jabal Sheard - DE

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 am 
NET Veteran

Oh man, Phil Taylor would be sweet and Sheard, I don't think they would just cut either and I don't know how much draft compensation they would accept and if that would even be worth the value. As long as we're just rosterbaiting though, damn that would be sick.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 am 
NET Veteran

The one guy I think could bring some pass rush from the 3-tech is Free Agent (DE) Michael Bennett. He is considered one of better free agent DE this year, but if he is unable to get the big contract he is looking for maybe would could get him on the cheap for a year or two. Bennett is a former Seahawks and he showed flashes as a pass rusher in the preseason from DE and DT when he was with us, unfortunately the Russkell regime put him on the practice squad and the Bucs snatched him up. Bennett has enough size at 6-4 274 lbs to be a situational rusher at the 3-tech and he would give us another legit DE this year.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Veteran

cover-2 wrote:
The one guy I think could bring some pass rush from the 3-tech is Free Agent (DE) Michael Bennett. He is considered one of better free agent DE this year, but if he is unable to get the big contract he is looking for maybe would could get him on the cheap for a year or two. Bennett is a former Seahawks and he showed flashes as a pass rusher in the preseason from DE and DT when he was with us, unfortunately the Russkell regime put him on the practice squad and the Bucs snatched him up. Bennett has enough size at 6-4 274 lbs to be a situational rusher at the 3-tech and he would give us another legit DE this year.

Good call, brah

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:52 pm 
NET Veteran

cover-2 wrote:

Respect

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

cover-2 wrote:
The one guy I think could bring some pass rush from the 3-tech is Free Agent (DE) Michael Bennett. He is considered one of better free agent DE this year, but if he is unable to get the big contract he is looking for maybe would could get him on the cheap for a year or two.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 am 
NET Pro Bowler

cover-2 wrote:

The Amazing Kreskin!
(you gotta be of an age to get that one)
Great call man :bow:

GO ZAGS!!

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 am 
NET Bench Warmer

cover-2 wrote:

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 am 
NET Veteran

Umm, since I have the hot hand...the Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]