Do You Get The Feeling The Universe Is Converging?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'm not sure when the Genesis began. Was it the hiring of Pete Carroll? John Schneider? Many would say the day we took Russell Wilson in the 3rd round in April 2012.

Whenever that day was, it became the day the Universe started to align upon our city, our team, our fanbase. I know you can feel it too. The Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl. Soon.

I've never been more sure of it in my entire 44 years.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I posted similar earlier in the week. I just KNOW.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• You could argue a case for any one of a series of inidividual events since Pete was hired.

For me, it was Russell Wilson putting the team on his back, on the road, against Chicago, even though the D couldn't stop Cutler & Marshall. The snowball effect - of belief - that set off over the following weeks was stunning. I've never seen that before.

I firmly believe this team can now beat anyone.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• It all started with Pete. The man had a plan and now it's coming to fruition. Glad to have been on board from the start of this ride.

...though I feel the need to wear my Shaun Alexander or Julian Peterson jersey out and about every now and then to prove I'm not a band wagoner.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• IMHO, it was certainly earlier than the Wilson pickup. I'd put it when Pete was hired and brought in John. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth for their "failure" to find that franchise QB that conventional wisdom said was the most important thing, and therefore had to happen early in the process. After all, everybody knows you have to find that guy and then build a team around him, right? I mean, that's conventional wisdom, right? Well, Pete and John said, "No, we're not going to do it that way. We're going to build the basis for a strong team and add the QB when the time is right." The Wilson pick, whether it was kismet, fate, whatever, seems to have validated their method and philosophy.

Frankly, it's not so much that the universe is converging to me, it's more that the team of J&S decided from the get go that they were not going to be swayed by all the forces that would knock them off course and force them to change their basic philosophy and determined that they were going to bend the universe to fit their view of how to build a team. Sure looked kind of cheeky and cocky when they started. Now it looks like they might just know wth they are doing. ;)

Sure, maybe 'the universe is aligning.' But it looks a lot like P&J have been reaching out and dragging that universe into our fold. :)
    Last edited by sutz on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• It's taken 37 years, but the convergence is upon us.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Very good post full of good points sutz.

It's easy to just look at Wilson's arrival and declare him the savior.

I had forgotten all athe arguments about how the Seahawks would never win in modern era of football by installing a smash mouth ball control identity in Seattle.

All the 'lose to win' draft position arguments and all the rest.

What a ride.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Hiring Pete Carroll may turn out to be the best decision this franchise has ever made. It already is in the Top 10, maybe even Top 5. Considering how many people were against it when it first happened, that's pretty amazing. That decision was the one that has been the catalyst for most of the team we now have.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Personally, I think the convergence began the second half of 2011 when this team started to consistently win games (even with Tarvaris Jackson as its QB). I think that was the point when it's possible to tell that the players were buying into Pete's philosophy and/or were comfortable in it despite the roster churn. Perhaps then you can point to the beginning of the 2011 season when it seems we'd shaken out all the players who weren't going to cut it.

I can't wait for this year.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• BEASTQUAKE altered the landscape. Literally.

Literally. We were a losing franchise with an historic team of losers in the playoffs with a losing record playing the Super Bowl Champions as the greatest home underdog in NFL playoff history an a coach whose rah-rah style wouldn't cut it in the NFL.

We were sure to fail.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• All great points so far in this thread which I agree with whole-heartedly. I DO think that PC & JS were trying looking to grab the right QB the whole time (both saying repeatedly that we weren't going to panic), and we just built the team as we were doing it....in other words following their plan all along.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• The Chicago game was the turning point. At the very moment Rice scored the OT touchdown you could have balanced an egg on its end.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• It does feel like this convergence/Quickening is occuring. I would just be cautious that no matter how great things look - it's still going to be difficult to win a Super Bowl. Still need to stay healthy, get some breaks, and the playoffs are 'one and done' and the games are usually close.

Right now things look brighter than they ever have in Seahawks history, but I am not counting on that meaning a Super Bowl victory until I see the Seahawks leading on the scoreoboard with the clock at 0:00.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• I think it began during Super Bowl XL. We lost in the most painful way imaginable. A few years later the team hit rock bottom for the first time since 1992..

It was setting us up for what was about to come :)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• When did it start? I'd go back to the Great Purge of 2010, beginning with the trade of Darryl Tapp to Philadelphia, continuing with the decision to cut bait on LenDale White after he thought he could slack off while playing for his old college coach, and then concluding with the fire sale on Labor Day weekend when we sent TJ Houshmandzadeh and so many others packing.

This helped us immeasurably in two different ways. First, it got rid of many of the mistakes of the Tim Ruskell error. Second, Pete set the tone for his new team and demonstrated that he would only accept players who were willing to bust their butts on every play in every practice and every game.

There are so many moments and decisions that got us to where we are today, but I think the move to overhaul the roster in 2010 laid the foundation for everything that's happened since.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• No, I don't believe the universe is converging.

I do, however, believe that Schneider, Carroll, and our players have been working their asses off at building a contender and that said hard work is very close to paying off handsomely.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:No, I don't believe the universe is converging.

I do, however, believe that Schneider, Carroll, and our players have been working their asses off at building a contender and that said hard work is very close to paying off handsomely.

That is literally the most literal comment I've read all day.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• The hiring of Tom Cable was a turning point as well. Before that we couldn't run for anything nor sustain a drive.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Genesis 1:12

In the beginning the 12thMan God created

Later the 12thMan God sacrificed his son

3 Days Later his son rose again as our Savior

Revelations 2:14

In the end there will be a battle of good vs evil

Good will prevail!

The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

• Well done 12th Mode!!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• JonRud wrote:Well done 12th Mode!!

Agreed.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• The 12th Commandment:

The 12th Commandment:

12thMode
    NET Starter

• Hahaha, brilliant 12thMode.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 12thMode...that rules.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Very good, but Universe aligning, maybe.

All Hell about to break lose, definatly, this defense is going to beat guys up, good thing the pads are being brought back this year.

As we have seen if the defense can shut down teams, beat them up and then get take aways for the offense to make short field scores a team will fold.

I see teams folding a lot this year.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• 12th Mode...you rock man! That was awesome!

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• seabowl wrote:The Chicago game was the turning point. At the very moment Rice scored the OT touchdown you could have balanced an egg on its end.

This is when I knew our road woes would never be the same. (They wont) After the game with Chicago.

I had thought it was going to be at Miami (A game I was at) but unfortunately it wasn't quite time yet.

Also signing Russell Wilson was pretty monumental, I'm no draft jock but I sure as hell wasn't expecting a 3rd rounder to be this.

The Probowl was amazing, just more signs of things to come.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

• 12th mode:

SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I see Wilson mentioned a bit, and the dude is awesome. On the offensive side of the ball Lynch was probably more of a catalyst than Wilson in terms of getting this team going. I doubted the cast-off, and the guy came in and made something of a pretty hard opportunity (running behind that line for awhile was very difficult). Lynch made the line better, kept the defense off the field (which helped them stay fresh and he probably inspired them with his toughness), and gave Wilson a rookie crutch so he didn't get overwhelmed trying to carry the load.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• For Me: The Beast Quake run was the Seattle Seahawk's version of the Butterfly Effect...
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• Saying you have a feeling the Seahawks might win a Superbowl soon is like standing outside hours before the greatest blizzard in recorded history strikes, and saying you have a hunch there might be some snowflakes.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• "Convergence of the Universe"? Hardly...however, we start this season winning FOUR IN A ROW....this board will be "out of it's mind"!! :thirishdrinkers:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I nominate 12thmode,, BEST POST EVER.

as for the OP.... Aros MY BROTHA I agree, wholeheartedly. There's just this feeling. Championships are coming and I no longer doubt it. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• See it.
    Be it.
    GO HAWKS!!!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• It makes me verp even thinking of what would happen if this team lost one of its first three games this next season.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Be careful with this.

As a Trail Blazers fan I remember a time when the Blazers won the draft lottery in 2007 and selected Greg Oden with the #1 pick to join a nucleus of Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge. The thought at the time wasn't if the Blazers would win a championship..... but how many. Paul Allen said the very same thing. Fast forward 4 years later and those dreams were shattered with Greg and and Brandon Roy being out of basketball.

This single sports experience changed my outlook on sports forever and I will never get too excited anymore or expect something to happen.... other than something bad.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:Be careful with this.

As a Trail Blazers fan I remember a time when the Blazers won the draft lottery in 2007 and selected Greg Oden with the #1 pick to join a nucleus of Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge. The thought at the time wasn't if the Blazers would win a championship..... but how many. Paul Allen said the very same thing. Fast forward 4 years later and those dreams were shattered with Greg and and Brandon Roy being out of basketball.

This single sports experience changed my outlook on sports forever and I will never get too excited anymore or expect something to happen.... other than something bad.

Two words:

Russell Wilson.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:It makes me verp even thinking of what would happen if this team lost one of its first three games this next season.

11 of the last 14 SB champions lost at least 1 of their first 3 games.

A couple of them even lost 2 of their first 3.

Ain't no thing if the 2013 Seahawks lose one early on... it's how they finish that matters.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I know, my point is how apeshit NET Nation would be though.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:I know, my point is how apeshit NET Nation would be though.

Heh, true.

Though .NET tends to go apeshit every single time the Seahawks lose.

Fire everyone! :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017:

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information