Plenty of 49ers fans are concerned, and I love it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So, on the "quality" forum known as 49ers Web Zone, a 49ers fan made a thread titled "So........um........are we still the best team in our division? (HOMERS STAY OUT)"

It's 32 pages long right now, and there are definitely plenty of homers in it despite the warning in the subject line, but there are quite a few gems which I've taken the liberty of posting below.

Afrikan":1x68nn5y said:
yeah, I think the Seahawks are more talented than us right now...and even if we add Woodson or a few other Vets or young draft picks...one thing I'm worried about is.

Russell Wilson and his new toy vs our Secondary that will look different....be it older or younger. Either way Goldson and Whitner had pretty good communication most of the time. I'm sure its going to take a bit of time for our new secondary to gel. But I don't know if we can afford it that time...with the division and home field advantage on the line. but no, its not just Wilson vs our Secondary...but also, if they jump to two score leads.....well their secondary is not older or less experienced...they are actually growing with each other and were already tough as it is.

So although I love Kaep and I trust him...I don't like the idea of us in obvious passing situations for most of the game against a team like Seattle. it just seems like a bad recipe.... Us vs their talented Secondary....and Wilson and their latest toy (who was one of the main annoyances in that Vikings loss) against our *different* looking secondary.

ninersrule4":1x68nn5y said:
I think Seattle unfortunately is more talented than us but I think we are way better coached. That being said this season will be no cake walk Seattle is for real and the addition of Harvin.. Oh man

Harvin was killing us in Minny...it was annoying as fuuu. I don't know if I can handle having two little annoying f'ers on the same team.... trying to chase down Wilson and Harvin?.....Oh God just thinking of them barely converting first downs on us just makes me sick right now.

Seattle threw a pretty good punch the last time we played them.

StOnEy333":1x68nn5y said:
That's usually what happens when seattle plays at home.

which is even more reason that every game is going to be important...we can't let them have home field advantage in the post season. even with our good start last season, the Seahawks bounced back and were right on our tails for the division. I just hope everyone gels quickly.

OregonNiner87":1x68nn5y said:
I think Kaepernick still has a lot to prove. Especially if Frank Gore starts going down hill or the pistol is accounted for. I love the fact he's our quarterback, but it's hard to be 100% confident judging him surrounded by the o-line and the rest of the talent on the O. Kaep is good at a lot of things, but I like Wilson's pocket presence a lot more than his.

The trajectory of the defense at the end of the 2011 playoffs and 2012 playoffs are drastically different, imo. If Cowboy doesn't produce like he was, I think we're in trouble. And even if he is, I think it's an extremely tall order to find a player in the draft in the next 1-2 years that'll produce anywhere similar to him. I think the likelihood of Seattle's backfield > our front seven is pretty decent. I'm expecting a wild card birth with Kaep coming on strong late in the season. Putting the freakin' team on his back.

KEGster":1x68nn5y said:
Most people had the Seahawks as the second best NFC team going into the playoffs. No one is looking past them

KowboyKiller":1x68nn5y said:
Ask me after the draft.

SofaKing":1x68nn5y said:
Seattle probably has the best collection of young talent in the NFL. They have studs everywhere and they're all in their mid 20's.

Having said that, I still think the 49ers are the team to beat.

InHarbsWeTrust":1x68nn5y said:
Seattle looks better on paper right now.

tjd808185":1x68nn5y said:
Not sure, but I do think us and Seattle are the 2 best teams in the NFL.

matthewabbit":1x68nn5y said:
Smith was 3 and 0 against Pete carrols Seahawks . Lets see if Kap can play smart and find the very small holes in their d and scrape up some wins. Their d is getting better every year whereas ours peaked two years ago and fell off dramatically last year when Kap took over. Who is gonna cover harvin? I'm afraid

matthewabbit":1x68nn5y said:
You can't say seatle is more talented but they are certainly playing like they aim to prove it. Their whole team looks like they are on adderol. I just don't see Kap being able to embarrass them the way they did us last year. Their d had Kap under control whereas Wilson was scoring at will against us

Garcia":1x68nn5y said:
We're ****ed

ChazBoner":1x68nn5y said:
it's a toss up between us and the hawks. I could see them sweeping us and winning the division by a tie breaker.

KimChee49er":1x68nn5y said:
Wow, hard to say. I personally think the division race between the Hawks and 49ers for 2013 is going to be a blood bath. Both teams are very confident and know they are top dawgs in the division. They are going punish each other every time they face off. The team that stays the healthiest during the season will win the division. If I have to make a call right now I think the Hawks will win the division due to them having a younger roster/team.

paperplanemedia":1x68nn5y said:
We got destroyed in Seattle and we barely beat them at our house. Teams that know they can beat us or give us a hard time always have the upper hand IMHO.

iLL49er":1x68nn5y said:
I think Russell Wilson is farther along as a QB than Kap is right now...Kap has higher upside but the fact is wilson has played a full season...
He also has better natural instincts in the pocket than kap.
I'd say seattle is better talent wise as they have more young players getting better but our coaching beats them
we really missed a big window these last 2yrs...we were the best team in teh nfl and didn't win
now seattle is coming so are other teams
sux

YoungWifey":1x68nn5y said:
danimal":1x68nn5y said:
Originally posted by danimal:
I am no homer....but I am far from being sold on Russell Wilson

Really? I can't help but ask why. The guy is poised, he's accurate, consistent and has a good work ethic. I don't think he's as dynamic as Kap but I thought he was outstanding last year. I didn't think he would do as well next season but having Harvin on board has definitely changed my mind.

NinerBuff":1x68nn5y said:
I agree with Wifey. The only possible knock on him is his size. I think he'll be a Drew Brees type when it's all said and done. :roll:

Joecool":1x68nn5y said:
SEA is the more talented team. In the secondary, we are not even in their league. They aren't very far from us in terms of their front 7. Their QB is only a few inches worse than ours. Their WR's are much more explosive and they also have a solid TE.

The only thing they have going against them is their drop of level of play on the road. Unless we acquire some equal or better talent, we will need to out-execute them. Having said all of this, Beastmode is their anchor. Let's hope he's on the decline.

truekingcarlos":1x68nn5y said:
No. We're losing key members of our team. We will be either matched or surpassed.

J49er":1x68nn5y said:
Yes, the Seahawks are the more talented team. Especially now that they have Avril. We can discount them all we want but while we seem to be targeting free agents based on Hall of Fame credentials, the Seahawks are getting a younger/better on the field product. Facts are the facts.

Go 49ers!

AllTimeGreat":1x68nn5y said:
As much as it pains me to say this, the Seahawks are one of the best run organizations in the NFL right now. I hope I'm wrong and they fall flat on their faces though. I freaking can't stand their douchebag players, head coach, and fans.

Note on the below one, AllTimeGreat is responding to baltien, officially the stupidest poster on the internet that I've seen, even half of the 49ers forum argues against him, and the point AllTimeGreat is responding to is that baltien claimed Pete was on the hot seat until he got Wilson.
AllTimeGreat":1x68nn5y said:
Until he happened across Russell Wilson? So by that logic kinda like how Harbaugh happened across Colin Kaepernick, right? If you want to discredit Carroll for getting lucky finding Wilson, than what makes Harbaugh any different with selecting Kaepernick?

If you don't believe the Seahawks are one of the best run franchises out there currently, just take a look at their recent draft history. In the 3 years Pete the Cheat has been there they've drafted: A franchise QB (Wilson), a stud linebacker (Bobby Wagner), a DE who led all rookies in sacks (Bruce Irvin), an elite CB (Sherman), a pro-bowl LT (Okung), a sure-fire top 5 safety (Earl Thomas) as well as another very solid safety (Kam Chancellor) not to mention a number of other solid starters and role players ( LB KJ Wright, OG John Moffitt, OT James Carpenter, RB Robert Turbin, TE Anthony McCoy, WR Golden Tate). That's a highly impressive collection of talent from 3 years of drafting.

Giving them props doesn't take anything away from what Harbaugh and Baalke have accomplished, they've obviously done an absolutely tremendous job and haven't given us much to complain about. But the Seahawks are a legit threat and a talented team in their own right and will give us a run for our money for the division both next year and in the future. It's shaping up to be a great rivalry, one which we hopefully can have the upper hand in for years to come.

Posted this one because his 5th point on the list made me crack up.
cashmahne":1x68nn5y said:
Niners are still better. Our low risk moves in FA and 14 picks along with keeping our core of coaches together makes us in a better spot. Seattle is damn good tho...

NFL Top 5:
1. 49ers
2. Seahawks
3. Broncos
4. Patriots
5. LOL

OnTheClock":1x68nn5y said:
Not decidedly at least. Way too early to tell. The draft hasn't even happened yet. Seattle is reloading, and could unseat us, but we're not done adding pieces this off-season either, so...

BrianGO":1x68nn5y said:
Wilson is amazing. His ability to escape from a pass rush is the best in the league by far. When he started escaping consistently, that is when I think you went on that winning streak. If you can't sack a quarterback, what's the point of a pass rush?

You also have a ridiculous home field advantage. The 49ers actually have an above average ratio at home, but if you look at the numbers, Seattle's home field vs road win ratio is ridiculous. I think they have the best home-vs-road ratio in all of sports.

Louisiana49er":1x68nn5y said:
Edge goes to the Seahawks. Niners chasing old passed their prime players.. Boldin-32, Woodson-36, Reed-34, Asomugha-31. While Seahawks are signing young in their prime players.

On the owning we gave San Francisco at our house:
MntldaGold":1x68nn5y said:
I can't recall a beat down like that one ever before in their house. Add the fact we couldn't beat the frickin Rams I think puts the NFC West title up for grabs. No team can be assured dominance at this point. Luckily we get to decide this on the field in 2013.

GorefullBore":1x68nn5y said:
I really want to say yes, but the Seahawks make me very nervous.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
hahaha that is awesome. Great post. I definitely think the hawks have the advantage, but I also agree that the Seahawks and 49ers are the best two teams in the NFL this upcoming season, so it should be a lot of fun!

The Outfield

Reaction score
I like the comment: "We're ****ed"

Simple and straight to the point.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
That's a lot of time spent in another teams forums to make you feel better about your own team. Some people need that I guess. A majority of the 9er fans aren't worried and trust in the teams decisions. Every team goes through this phase of changes. Seattle will be next.

Many Seahawk fans bring up the last Seahawk/9er game but that was a developing Kaepernick. He's performed and broke records in 2 playoffs and a Super Bowl since then. I'm not worried as are many.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
FYI i don't hate the Seahawks. I'd say they are my second favorite team. A majority of those here in Alaska are Seahawk fans including my brother and best friend. Also I'm a big Sherman fan.

pinksheets

Reaction score
"Awful lot of time spent on another team's forum to make yourself feel better about your own team" - Dude spending an awful lot of time on another team's forum to make himself feel better about his own team, 2013

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
pinksheets":xqaomgyc said:
"Awful lot of time spent on another team's forum to make yourself feel better about your own team" - Dude spending an awful lot of time on another team's forum to make himself feel better about his own team, 2013

How's is it another team's forum when I like the Seahawks too? Pay attention Pinky.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well one of those posts said we are re loading, i disagree, the 49ers are reloading based on the FA they have, we are fine tuning, the reload is a shot at hoping many 30 plus vets have one more bullet to fire to get the youngsters on the 49ers over the hump.The cost is going to be a higher risk of injuries and a higher risk of egos clashing.

We have our vocal players here, but they have grown together and developed there ideas as a group about what a team effort is. Bringing in veterans as we have seen here can either bring stability or create division. Younger hungry guys that are still trying to prove something has worked very well here.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
I like where the Seahawks are headed. Truly happy the NFC West isn't a joke anymore.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":2uayi4sn said:
That's a lot of time spent in another teams forums to make you feel better about your own team.

Actually, it's a lot of time spent for 49ers fans on their own forum discussing the Seahawks.

kearly

Reaction score
These posts are amazing Roland. Thank you so much for sharing.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Apparently some valid points I posted in that thread were too much for 49ers fans, and an admin locked the thread late last night, lol. Too bad, it really had potential.

Latest posts