Updated: Leon signs with New England

JesterHawk

Reaction score
They need a return man with Welker gone. Leon makes sense.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hope Seattle gets to see him in Jersey. Wish him nothing but the best and would love to see him on an AFC contender.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Great place for Leon. Glad the Hawks didn't banish him to Tampa. Hope he gets a fair contract and a good 3 years.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Just keep him out of our division. Karma is a bitch. Love the guy, he is huge upgrade to Welker (as far as returns go ). Hope he is healthy and successful for years to come.

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":290hdk5w said:
Leon is a Patriot.

Just heard this myself. Glad to hear we don't have to play for him. It'll be weird to root for the Patriots, but having Washington will keep me from actively rooting against them.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Happy for him and even happier that he stayed out of our conference. Dude's still got it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Now we know why he didn't want to go to Tampa....he wants a chance to play us in the Super Bowl :)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I was holding out hope that we'd be able to bring him back somehow. Sigh....

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
wasnt he a jet before the hawks picked him up? at least hes on the right side of that rivalry now haha

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope that if we fail to make the Super Bowl in any of the next few years, he gets a ring with the Patriots in one of those years. Class act, great returner.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Good for him, glad he found work rather quickly. Nothing but love for Leon. Will never remember when some announcer on TV kept calling him "Lionel Washington" a few years ago. Needless to say I could not stop laughing at how ridiculous that sounded. Still call him that to this day.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2088qqga said:
If we play the Patriots in the Super Bowl...and Leon returns a kick to beat us...I'm going to, well.... uggghhh I don't want to think about it.

He is going to need at least one to keep in the race with Harvin having two return touchdowns.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Looks like Leon took about a $1M pay cut by asking to be released instead of being traded to the Bucs.

He signed for one year at $1.5M with the Pats and I believe his 2013 salary under his old contract was $2.5M.