Seahawks Sign Michael Bennett!!! one year 5 MM

CANHawk

Reaction score
Great get. Fills the pass rushing 3-tech role vacated by JJones. No such thing as too many pass rushers either apparently!

CPHawk

Reaction score
You have to wonder how the browns owner feels right about now. Kruger had 1 good year (really half a year) and they paid him a lot more then we are paying for two guys that both have had better overall careers.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":35e4nlfm said:
So...what # does Bennett wear? 71 is off limits.

And the funny thing is, so is the number he wore the last time he was here:

OaklandRaidersvSeattleSeahawksGXPY4 zps95c972e4

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1aejwhle said:
Holy. crap.

They are KILLING it.

You took the words right out of my mouth -- that was my exact reaction when I first heard about this (about 2 minutes ago here in this thread). Dang, I love .Net for the Latest news.

The funny thing was is that I was thinking about starting a thread this morning, noting the LACK of interest that Michael Bennett seemed to be getting in the FA Market. Ata Baby John! Way to swoop in and carry away another shiny prize back to the nest.

If this defensive line DOES what I think they'll be capable of ... then perhaps they're going to need their OWN nickname (i.e the Fearsome Foursome, the Purple People Eaters, etc.). :th2thumbs:

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Why would this mean cutting Clemons? Just keep them. We need a good rotation and I think cutting Clemons would be stupid.

nepahawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":fwxyfz3p said:
H4WKSF4N":fwxyfz3p said:
Why does everyone keep saying draft a WR? Rice, harvin and Tate is pretty young and solid. I see LB and DE/DT a priority since they will need to get younger at these positions.

Because we need size. Outside of Rice, we have a lot of short dudes. Having a 6-3+ type would be nice.

Don't forget, we now have a 6'7 TE. Maybe he can't stretch the field, but a definite treat in the red zone.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":cavchvxa said:
Greenhell":cavchvxa said:
So...what # does Bennett wear? 71 is off limits.

And the funny thing is, so is the number he wore the last time he was here:

OaklandRaidersvSeattleSeahawksGXPY4 zps95c972e4

Lol. I forgot he wore #96. During preseason of course. All I remember is that he tore it up in preseason. I was pissed he was released.

Tical21

Reaction score
Does this signing move Bruce Irvin out of an every-down role? I can certainly see Avril and Bryant (maybe Bennett) starting on the other. Then Bennett slides inside during passing situations when Irvin comes onto the field.

It is awesome that they have changed a position of weakness into hopefully a position of strength. A lot of talent out there. When Clemons comes back, if productive, this unit can be very scary. Just think of all the combinations. Outstanding stuff front office! I give kudos for this one.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Having a pass rushing rotation of Irvin, Avril, Bennett and Clemons BEFORE the draft in just unreal

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Harbag and the Winer's kept chanting their annoyingly stupid little question all year... "Who's got it better than Us?!?!?"

I guess John Schneider and Pete Carroll answered it....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I never expected this.

There will be no Chukwurah this year. Nope.

Largent80

Reaction score
My wife is going to need an episiotomy, I just found this out, oh man, we are......insert adjective.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wow! This is just amazing! We got my boy!!!

Bennett is the guy I wanted the most this off-season on defense. More than Bryant, more than Avril. I mentioned a few days ago that he fit the Jason Jones mold to a tee. Just an inch shorter and a pound lighter. I've watched him play for Tampa and he's just constantly getting after the passer from EVERYWHERE. He probably won't line up at LEO much, but he can definitely play the 3/1/5 techs all effectively. JonRud told me about this while I was at work and I started going NUTS. I'm pretty sure everyone in Queens hates the Seahawks by now because I just can't shut up about them. And why would I? This front office is just astonishing. Just when you think they're done, they pounce again and again and again!

Take a minute to step back and enjoy this ladies and gents. We are witnessing greatness. A dynasty is being forged. Seattle has become the hotbed of the NFL and everyone is taking notice. It's not just the glitz and glam moves like Harvin and Avril, it's the moves like this one that will make us champions. And how sweet it will be! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dare I ask for Amobi Okoye. Will they listen to my calls to the heavens once again!?

ivotuk

Reaction score
razgriz737":3c6slcx0 said:
:240039: :240039: :240039: :fam: :fam:

My feelings exactly! Was driving down the road listening to ESPN radio when they announced it. My brain tried to tell me it was Cliff Avril they were talking about but then I started giggling like a school girl (see Tate, Golden) and thought "This is ridiculous!"

One other thing that helps, is the way our other players have been brought up to speed, then treated right when they need to leave or re-sign.

SE174

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3uf7gdhq said:
H4WKSF4N":3uf7gdhq said:
Why does everyone keep saying draft a WR? Rice, harvin and Tate is pretty young and solid. I see LB and DE/DT a priority since they will need to get younger at these positions.

Because we need size. Outside of Rice, we have a lot of short dudes. Having a 6-3+ type would be nice.
6'5 Brandon Kaufman in the 6th or 7th round. :th2thumbs:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
You gotta be in paradise right now with the sheer L-O-V-E Seattle is getting right now for the moves they are making ...

3 days ago, right after news broke of the Harvin deal, Schefter Tweeted ...
@AdamSchefter Las Vegas already has established SF and SEA -- today's movers and shakers -- as co-favorites to win next Super Bowl.

This morning (prior to news of Bennett), he gave a good description of what we're seeing ...
@AdamSchefter Is it me or are the Seahawks and 49ers treating the off-season the way the Red Sox and Yankees do (or at least used to)?

I mean forget Glasnost ... what we're seeing right now is FULL ON, up the ante, pile on the nukes Cold War era stuff from the Hawks and 49ers right now. And right now ... I'd say our arsenal is bigger than their arsenal.