Anquan Boldin - not happy?

razgriz737

Reaction score
NorCal":2l95ht5i said:
The Outfield":2l95ht5i said:
CPHawk":2l95ht5i said:
Would you be happy having to play for the evil Harbaugh?

After watching that guy on the field, I seriously would have a hard time seeing him as a coach I would WANT to play for. That's a pretty big problem for SF.

Except the fact that all the players that do play for him love him.
Doug Baldwin and Richard Sherman played for him at Stanford and they sure as hell don't love him. Far from it, it would seem.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ninerguy":1pf1830g said:
WOW, talk about hearing what you want to hear!!!

I heard this interview live and he did express disappointment in the way he was traded, partly because he is in a small 3rd world country doing good things for people along with his buddy and old teammate Fitzgerald and he had to hear about this through a friends text when he got off the plane!

Did you also hear but failed to mention that one of the Mikes had to tell him that both Krueger and Their safety had been released as well as other players?
Boldin Had no idea that they were gone or all the other moves the Ravens have made because he is isolated from the news, it was all a shock to him.
Geez, sorry to mix in the whole story. He will play for the Niners and he will do well.
I was wondering when the Niners hall-monitor BKA Capt. Save-Em would turn up

mikeak

Reaction score
kag0331":1rx3cmo2 said:
That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

Dude - the guy above says the players like him and I pointed out the obvious error. Some of the guys from your neck of the wood says some funny stuff.......

Amazing lets call the guy that points out the major flaw in an argument mr obvious and not the guy that forced that post to be made. You guys sure are smart over there

and I never said he wasn't good nor did I say that PC was well liked. I simply replied to a stupid post (attacking the post not the poster :))

kag0331

Reaction score
Obviously Sherman and Baldwin liked him enough to be recruited by him, and they are competitors they are not going to complement their "enemy" so to speak...that's common sense I thought. I'm sure their is some discontent since he didn't draft them I could see that. I personally see why they don't like harbaugh for all those reasons which i mentioned aren't his coaching tecjniques ... but see it how you want. Also don't get bent out of shape because niner fans are sticking up for their team in the "NFL" section of your forum if it were not for us you guys would not have nearly as much fun in here come on admit it! Ha

The Outfield

Reaction score
kag0331":2ji1fhav said:
Obviously Sherman and Baldwin liked him enough to be recruited by him ...

You mean, before he was actually their coach?...

kag0331

Reaction score
The Outfield":wtqdl2go said:
kag0331":wtqdl2go said:
Obviously Sherman and Baldwin liked him enough to be recruited by him ...

You mean, before he was actually their coach?...

You got me... damn it your right! Hate admitting I'm wrong..good catch. :?

Ninerguy

Reaction score
-The Glove-":23l2qfh4 said:
Ninerguy":23l2qfh4 said:

I heard this interview live and he did express disappointment in the way he was traded, partly because he is in a small 3rd world country doing good things for people along with his buddy and old teammate Fitzgerald and he had to hear about this through a friends text when he got off the plane!

Did you also hear but failed to mention that one of the Mikes had to tell him that both Krueger and Their safety had been released as well as other players?
Boldin Had no idea that they were gone or all the other moves the Ravens have made because he is isolated from the news, it was all a shock to him.
Geez, sorry to mix in the whole story. He will play for the Niners and he will do well.

lol, just sprinkling in a little truth now and then, crazy I know...and you win a cookie!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ukrrtug said:
Ninerguy":1ukrrtug said:

Apologies...confused you for the fool, Ninerlifer

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ninerguy":2769atcw said:
-The Glove-":2769atcw said:
Ninerguy":2769atcw said:

lol, just sprinkling in a little truth now and then, crazy I know...and you win a cookie!
Confused you for someone else

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
God forbid Boldin denies the 49ers his four regular season touchdowns this year.

That would be a travesty...

Ninerguy

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3ocbud9d said:

Cool, I thought that might be the case, I actually get a few nice PMs from Hawk fans in my inbox on occasion, though they would never say it in public in a thread :mrgreen: Living here in the PNW as a Niner fan can be more than interesting when it comes to football discussions, which honestly last 12 months of the year!

BTW, Here is an actual quote form Boldins interview."As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys,” Boldin said. “I’ve always been a fan of the 49ers. For me, I’m happy to be part of an organization like that.”

Ninerguy

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3mrkncok said:
God forbid Boldin denies the 49ers his four regular season touchdowns this year.

That would be a travesty...

It would be nearly as tragic and a travesty as denying the Hawks the 5 TDs Harvin has AVERAGED a year in the NFL as a wr. He had 3 last year...

pinksheets

Reaction score
Funny how you limit it to "as a WR", ignoring the whole point of Percy, that he's insanely versatile and explosive. If you factor in returns and rushing, he averages over 7 TDs a season. Factor in any time missed and he scores a TD more than every other game.

Nice try, though.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Ninerguy":ja98vwpr said:
-The Glove-":ja98vwpr said:

Cool, I thought that might be the case, I actually get a few nice PMs from Hawk fans in my inbox on occasion, though they would never say it in public in a thread :mrgreen: Living here in the PNW as a Niner fan can be more than interesting when it comes to football discussions, which honestly last 12 months of the year!

BTW, Here is an actual quote form Boldins interview."As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys,” Boldin said. “I’ve always been a fan of the 49ers. For me, I’m happy to be part of an organization like that.”

Wow, I have been confusing you with "NinerLifer" the past couple hours or so and thought to myself "wow he seems like much less of a douche today" hahaha awesome.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
pinksheets":1tjzh7fl said:
Funny how you limit it to "as a WR", ignoring the whole point of Percy, that he's insanely versatile and explosive. If you factor in returns and rushing, he averages over 7 TDs a season. Factor in any time missed and he scores a TD more than every other game.

Nice try, though.

TY :mrgreen:
It is as a WR were you need him to shine isnt it?
Leon Washington was one of if not arguably the best return man in the NFL, so you already had a weapon for that dept. Harvin has an injury history does he not? If you have him be a WR, return man and a RB I am willing to bet he and his 184lb frame do not make it through the entire season healthy especially playing the defenses in the NFC West 2x each. Just my opinion and I know yours is different, as they should be I guess.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..

757Niner

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":17aujm4h said:
Seeing these 49ers fans on here is like watching an old, ageing football player who's clearly past his best. You feel sad because you know what they used to be, all cocky and brash. And now they're just struggling out there.

Funnily enough... a bit like all the players the Niners are trying to sign at the moment..

Just as funny seeing 'Hawks fans all giddy about FA signings, thinking the Super Bowl is won in March. All excited by the addition of a guy like Avril, a pass-rusher that has been dominated by the weakest link on our O-Line(Davis), two years running. Grasping at straws about our newly acquired players when nothing could be further from the truth. Fun times right?

"As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys," Boldin told ESPN Radio. "I've always been a fan of the 49ers. I'm happy to be part of an organization like that."

Congrats on winning free agency though....when's the trophy presentation?