NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Hansen to make an announcement tonight at 5

Probably something small but still, news!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ErikG803":24qy1us9 said:
Hansen to make an announcement tonight at 5

Probably something small but still, news!

Waitlist for tickets will go live on Thurs. 07-08 season ticketholders can reserve same seats. Go to Sonicsarena.com to reserve.

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually a brilliant move, getting a ticket list for Key Arena to reserve priority will show fan interst and also show what sort of revenue the team can bring in vs Sacramentos established arena and their ticket sales. I'm betting there is a advertisement pool being started as well somewhere to establish key locations to further show income possibilities.

pinksheets

Reaction score
So here's where we are now:

In case you guys haven't heard....
TOMORROW at 10 am you can put your name down on the official SONICS PRIORITY TICKET WAITLIST.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sonicsarena

Planning on buying season tickets for next year in the Key? Put your name down here, you'll get a call in May with assistance on how to move forward with that. What about going for a multi-game package or maybe just a couple of games? From what I can tell, you can do that here as well. This serves two purposes: 1. to start getting the ball rolling for ticket sales and 2. to give Chris some hard numbers to bring with him to the NBA committee meeting on April 3rd.

Even if you're just thinking of buying season tickets or a package or a couple of pairs of tickets for 2 nights of b-ball, sign up. It might be important, it might not, but just sign up. If you want Sonics basketball, all you have to do is ask. If you end up not being able to afford it or whatever, doesn't matter, you aren't putting money down or entering a contract, just expressing interest. This is a big deal guys. So do it.

Also:

If you haven't seen yet, SonicsArena released some awesome conceptual pictures and video of the interior of the new arena:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/arena-renderings

[youtube]jFe4OVuCXZo[/youtube]

Now in "don't worry, Sac's chances look small" news:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/13/525794 ... rylink=cpy

And a newspiece on just how complicated the Downtown Plaza site would be for an arena:

http://www.kcra.com/news/New-Sacramento ... index.html

And they've got about 8 days to hammer out most of the details to give enough time for only 5 days of public review before a city council vote to approve a non-binding term sheet. That's what's necessary to have anything to bring to that same April 3rd committee meeting.

Those are the cold hard facts for now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sign up for the ticket waitlist tomorrow. Let's make a huge push, we're just about there.

And if you're ever looking to stay up to date on this stuff, don't forget http://blog.sonicsrising.com, where I get all or most of my information from, do all of my rollercoaster ride worrying and speculating before I come here and try to act like the cool, responsible adult.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Btw, just sign up for the priority list, don't cost you nothing and it's also if you're interested in single games too.

dunceface

Reaction score
We crashed the site earlier!!!! Way to go Sonics fans!
Like Throw said it costs nothing no obligations and at the very least shows support
DO IT!!!!!

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
THREE YEARS??? If I'm still alive I'll be too broke from going to watch the Hawks in Super Bowls, to afford trips to Seattle for the Sonics :3: :th2thumbs:

Throwdown

Reaction score
The "sonic rings" in the arena are awesome, but that doesn't mean I want to sit in them lol.

pinksheets

Reaction score
So apparently that Kehriotis guy is about the unveil his pretty much if not fully privately funded plan for the Kings in Sac.

That sounds scary, but it's not. This isn't KJ's plan, this doesn't involve a downtown arena like KJ wants, it just doesn't have that backing. All this will do is serve to muddy the waters, which helps Seattle's chances.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Was listening to Ian Furness at work with my Walkman but KJR'S signal goes in and out. He teased something about Sacramento and I never heard anything else. Anyone else catch this ?

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":12s9ljxc said:
CurryStopstheRuns":12s9ljxc said:
I just want to see a picture of your Walkman!

I hope he has a cassette player on it! god, I hope so.

I hope its the yellow sport one that was semi water resistant! Please let it be that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.