Rutgers Pro Day: Khaseem Greene

kearly

Reaction score
I always add about .05 to .10 for pro day times. That's about the average for improvement from the combine. What's intriguing is that Greene had the same pro-day time that Arthur Brown had. That either means that Brown is slower than we think or Greene is faster. Or maybe Brown had a bad day and Green had a good day.

Poor Jelani Jenkins though. He had a 4.77 on wet turf at his pro day. He's a legit 4.5s on tape. That said, I think Jenkins is terrible as a prospect, and if this time helps him not get drafted by us, great.

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
Kahaseem Greene... WANT

Now that we do not have a first rounder, have solidified DE through FA, and likely wont have DT value at pick 56. Use a pick to trade up, if necessary, and get this kid! Perfect WILL for us!

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I really like khaseem Greene but damn he might be too slow which sucks and Sio Moore looks good just doe'nt have that strip button mastered like Greene. With S. Jackson going to the Falcons could be a good chance we see them again in the playoffs with those wideouts we need every LB to be able to take Jackson down one on one while not being a coverage liability so i think one of the two could work.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves that Greene is too slow. He's a god damn playmaker. No other linebacker in college football has enjoyed his level of impact. Turnovers, sacks, TFL. The guy is an absolute monster. And what's more, he'll be Russell Wilson on defense.

I bet they'd run to the podium to draft him.

aawolf

Reaction score
Now that we've got our pass-rushers and a gamebreaking WR, we need a linebacker that can stop the run. Greene is a guy that can track RBs and stop the run. I, too, would love to get him or Arthur Brown in the second (even if we have to trade up).

cover-2

Reaction score
I think too much is being made of the 40-yard times. Go back to a players game tape to look at his football speed. Some prospects play faster than thier 40-times and other prospects play slower than thier 40-times.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
There is a lot of technique involved in running from starter blocks, even if it is only for 40 yards. A slow get-off due to lack of said technique has to be considered a factor in these 40 times.-IMO

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ele5anuh said:
Let's not kid ourselves that Greene is too slow. He's a god damn playmaker. No other linebacker in college football has enjoyed his level of impact. Turnovers, sacks, TFL. The guy is an absolute monster. And what's more, he'll be Russell Wilson on defense.

I bet they'd run to the podium to draft him.

That's what I say as well. Some people didn't like my choice of him at #56 in the mock that I did (the knock on him being that he's too slow) ... but from everything I can get my hands on ... and everything I've learned about him ... I've come to the conclusion that Khaseem Greene just makes plays. He hits like a truck and has fantastic instincts from what I can see. I have to totally agree with your assessment English.

cover-2":ele5anuh said:
I think too much is being made of the 40-yard times. Go back to a players game tape to look at his football speed. Some prospects play faster than thier 40-times and other prospects play slower than thier 40-times.

Absolutely. If Lofa Tatupu didn't teach Seahawk fans that lesson ... I don't know what it's going to take. Khaseem Greene appears to have that same kind of ability to READANDREACT that Tatupu had. He has a real nose for the football, is a very sure tackler, hits with authority, and just flat out makes things happen. He's also one heck of a leader, an amazingly hard worker, and is all about team. Personally, I'd take THATkind of player every day of the week over one who has a .2 second superior 40 time and who may need a bit more polish. That's just me though.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":e8svjsc8 said:
Poor Jelani Jenkins though. He had a 4.77 on wet turf at his pro day. He's a legit 4.5s on tape. That said, I think Jenkins is terrible as a prospect, and if this time helps him not get drafted by us, great.

Couldn't agree more. Was particularly crestfallen when Schneider mentioned liking the LB crop this year, especially the juniors. Jelani being one of the 3 or 4 available this year (I think it's four). He just seems to have poor instincts and we've already borne witness to a witless but fast LB.

Here's to hoping that was a bit of misdirection.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just watched some Khaseem Greene youtube video after watching Jamie Collins Southing Miss and Sio Moore UConn, no comparison. Greene is head and shoulders above those guys and I find myself comparing him to Georgia's linebackers.

Greene plays on special teams, is constantly trying (and succeeding) to rip the ball out, making INTs and seems focused and disciplined. He doesn't waste time after a play jawing with opposing players or celebrating but gets right back up and heads to his position, he pays attention to where the play is going and doesn't try to get in on every tackle but instead maintains his position so that there can't be any cut backs. He also doesn't waste effort trying to make big hits but will make them if they present themselves. I really like this guy and hope we can get him.

I think what Seattle really needs is an OLB/Safety hybrid to replace Leroy and Khaseem is the perfect fit for that. He can cover, stop the run, rush the passer and spy the QB. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfhOBZfybFg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms&feature=player_embedded

Jamie Collins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgo4xXFTA84&feature=player_embedded

Sio Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3g2xNZ0Rrw&feature=player_embedded

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Trading their 1st round pick (granted it's for PH), makes me wonder how much Seattle really likes those projected in the first couple of rounds. Though it would be no PH, if they are really high on K. Greene... they probably could have had him easily at 25, but 56 is a risk. Again, I agree PH was the right move and will have a bigger impact than any player at 25 for the Hawks.

If K. Greene isn't still available at 56... (and not suggesting this is the pick at 56, but) how does a player like Devonte Holloman compare? He seems like a ball hawk as well from a talented South Carolina Defense. Not sure where he is projected and perhaps could be available in mid rounds if Greene isn't there.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
there are 4 LB's that would work at #56

1. Aurther Brown
2. Kaseem Green
3. Sio Moore
4. Zavier Gooden

1 of these guy will be there most likely we will have our choice of 2 or 3 of them. I'm hoping for Green to fall, he'd be a perfect plug in and play right away. His cover skills would be a huge improvement for us at WLB.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Avoid Kahseem Greene! He was on ESPN radio this weekend and said he grew up a Steelers fan. That alone puts him in the undraftable pile. ;)