The Niners Have Fallen Behind In The Arms Race.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Goldrush":2nakfn3e said:
I'd say we have more volume of young talent than any other team not just the Hawks

Not to slap you around with hard facts or anything, (oh, who am I kidding; that's exactly what I'm doing) but the 49ers are one of the oldest teams in the league.

http://www.nflen.com/2012/09/average-ag ... uding.html

Sorry to burst your "volume of young talent" bubble. Rams and Seahawks are significantly younger than the 28th-ranked 49ers.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anquan Boldin to SF for a 6th round pick.

wingoz 2:11pm via Web
Holy.....RT @RavensInsider: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick

pinksheets

Reaction score
Meh. I'd rather have Percy for the payload we gave off than Boldin for a 6th, easily.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":suiqa6gf said:
Anquan Boldin to SF for a 6th round pick.

wingoz 2:11pm via Web
Holy.....RT @RavensInsider: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick
good move for them. Hope Kam doesn't fined again for knocking his head off.

GCrow

Reaction score
Who's fretting the Cards are gona step up next...2014 3rd rounder for CARSON PALMER!?!?!?!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
One positive about the Boldin deal?

He's due $6M, the Niners aren't sitting on a ton of cap space.. so I think we can put to bed the Revis to SF rumors.

Quite frankly I think Sherman and Browner matchup fine with Crabtree and Boldin.. don't think they have a DB that can slow down Harvin though.

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2n00bq8h said:

He's due $6M, the Niners aren't sitting on a ton of cap space.. so I think we can put to bed the Revis to SF rumors.

Quite frankly I think Sherman and Browner matchup fine with Crabtree and Boldin.. don't think they have a DB that can slow down Harvin though.

Are you forgetting that they just opened up a ton of cap space getting rid of Akers and Alex Smith? If they let Goldson go too, they have a ridiculous amount of room to sign another veteran or two.

pinksheets

Reaction score
QuickLightning":16qucytv said:
Hasselbeck":16qucytv said:

Are you forgetting that they just opened up a ton of cap space getting rid of Akers and Alex Smith? If they let Goldson go too, they have a ridiculous amount of room to sign another veteran or two.
Niners were at about $14m in cap space with Akers and Smith out, Boldin would put them at $8m before signing any FAs or attempting to re-sign Goldson (which isn't going to happen, most likely).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
More Niners, this form Rotoworld:
CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports the 49ers are expected to "make a run at the right price" on free agent Sean Smith.
The 49ers are in the market for a "cornerback with size," and Smith obviously fits that mold at 6-foot-3 and 214 pounds. Per Maiocco, the Niners will have to fend off the Eagles, Chiefs, and Buccaneers for Smith. Smith has made it blatantly obvious that he will sign with the highest bidder. Of the aforementioned group, San Francisco easily has the least amount of salary cap room.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
they have more holes to fill probably need a few starters to replace when some of their free agents sign else where. where we are a more solidified roster and there will be no better window for us to win than in the next few years but what the 9ers have that we don't have is a constant interrior disruptive force AKA Justin Smith.

RUN CMC

Reaction score
The WR trades for SF and SEA respectively were perfect for what each team wanted to do. All eyes will be on the production of both players next season.

Goldrush

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hogo3e9 said:
Goldrush":1hogo3e9 said:
I'd say we have more volume of young talent than any other team not just the Hawks

Not to slap you around with hard facts or anything, (oh, who am I kidding; that's exactly what I'm doing) but the 49ers are one of the oldest teams in the league.

http://www.nflen.com/2012/09/average-ag ... uding.html

Sorry to burst your "volume of young talent" bubble. Rams and Seahawks are significantly younger than the 28th-ranked 49ers.

I'm. not talking about tie roster too to bottom, which includes average players and even scrubs. I'm talking about the elite players, the pro bowlers, all pros, those on the verge, etc. who are still young and you can build the franchise around. If busted a bubble seems it was the wrong one.

Kaepernick, Crabtree, Davis, Willis, Bowman, Aldon Smith, * Goldson, * Walker, Iupati, Staley, Yada yada..and I've left out a few. Few teams have that much young talent to build on.

Throwdown

Reaction score
21Sanders&Moss84":1nayamfn said:
The WR trades for SF and SEA respectively were perfect for what each team wanted to do. All eyes will be on the production of both players next season.

Pretty much, Boldin is a good rent a player for however long you guys got him. Harvin has the potential to be deadly in space when Wilson gets to scrambling.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing Harvin put a 49er defender on skates.

amill87

Reaction score
Goldrush":yz463lro said:
I'm. not talking about tie roster too to bottom, which includes average players and even scrubs. I'm talking about the elite players, the pro bowlers, all pros, those on the verge, etc. who are still young and you can build the franchise around. If busted a bubble seems it was the wrong one.

Kaepernick, Crabtree, Davis, Willis, Bowman, Aldon Smith, * Goldson, * Walker, Iupati, Staley, Yada yada..and I've left out a few. Few teams have that much young talent to build on.

Thomas, Chanccellor, Sherman, Wagner, Irvin, Arvil, Mebane, okung, unger, miller, rice, harvin, wilson, lynch, etc. I believe the oldest player on that list is mebane at 28.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Goldrush":1yn3wzld said:

Just admit you were wrong and stop trying to backpedal. Good Lord, the world doesn't end of one admits they were mistaken about something they said.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
+Avril

Free Agency isn't yet over and we still have the draft ahead, but thus far Im liking the way we have answered the question intended in this thread.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":29hzmwjf said:
Goldrush":29hzmwjf said:

Just admit you were wrong and stop trying to backpedal. Good Lord, the world doesn't end of one admits they were mistaken about something they said.

LOL yeah really. Plus the fact that Goldson and Walker are gone, and while Willis isn't old, he isn't young either. Same for Vernon Davis.