With the 56th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - What If?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • The Seattle Seahawks select: Matt Barkley QB - USC ( yeah I know, he won't make it to 56)

We still have the Cap room to sign a FA to fill the pass rush 3-tech DT position of need, who that will be - not sure?

If we sign a FA to fill that need, do you think PC/JS shock the world and select Pete's QB protege from USC, with our 2nd pick?

I'm not saying they will, or that he fits the mobile QB mold, but certainly the intangibles, and it is likely that we can

pick up WLB and Nickel Corner, and Deep threat WR in Rnd 3 or later.
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• With the 56th pick in this years draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

Zaviar Gooden

Book it.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• If that happens, i'm sure someone on this site will say it means we're cutting Russell Wilson.

Oh, and I will throw my remote against the wall.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• #1: No chance Barkley lasts that long.

#2: Very little chance Seattle would draft Barkley as a pure backup. They are looking for a read option compatible QB.

#3: If it did happen, I actually wouldn't complain. Kind of a high price to pay, but if Barkley impresses enough, there is a chance you might swing him for a profit down the road.

#4: Of course, this won't happen. I think Arizona and Tennessee have a higher chance of facing off in next year's Superbowl than Matt Barkley being a Seahawk in 2013.
    Last edited by kearly on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:With the 56th pick in this years draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

Zaviar Gooden

Book it.

I will, just to make fun of you later. ;)
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• He's a first round, Day 1 starting caliber QB who we'd get in the late second who we could flip into first round pick/s down the road. But yeah, won't happen.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm thinking that they work a deal with either Jax or Oak for Flynn and a swap of 2nd round picks, then pick up a player they were keying in on in that area, be it (DT)K. Short,(TE) Z. Ertz or maybe(WLB) A. Brown. Then use some of those 5's and 7's to move up in 3 and 4 to target the other 2 positions not filled in rd.2.
    Wasteland2112
    NET Bench Warmer

• Wasteland2112 wrote:I'm thinking that they work a deal with either Jax or Oak for Flynn and a swap of 2nd round picks, then pick up a player they were keying in on in that area, be it (DT)K. Short,(TE) Z. Ertz or maybe(WLB) A. Brown. Then use some of those 5's and 7's to move up in 3 and 4 to target the other 2 positions not filled in rd.2.

I would love, love , love to move up in the second round. This draft is deep and an early second would net us a very similar player we would have gotten with the pick we gave to MSP.
    Doubt your scenario Wasteland, but I hope you're right.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• GoHawks wrote:The Seattle Seahawks select: Matt Barkley QB - USC ( yeah I know, he won't make it to 56)

We still have the Cap room to sign a FA to fill the pass rush 3-tech DT position of need, who that will be - not sure?

If we sign a FA to fill that need, do you think PC/JS shock the world and select Pete's QB protege from USC, with our 2nd pick?

I'm not saying they will, or that he fits the mobile QB mold, but certainly the intangibles, and it is likely that we can

pick up WLB and Nickel Corner, and Deep threat WR in Rnd 3 or later.

Yup thats what they do if they wanna get fired, they got their franchise QB.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information