With the 56th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - What If?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • The Seattle Seahawks select: Matt Barkley QB - USC ( yeah I know, he won't make it to 56)

    We still have the Cap room to sign a FA to fill the pass rush 3-tech DT position of need, who that will be - not sure?

    If we sign a FA to fill that need, do you think PC/JS shock the world and select Pete's QB protege from USC, with our 2nd pick?

    I'm not saying they will, or that he fits the mobile QB mold, but certainly the intangibles, and it is likely that we can

    pick up WLB and Nickel Corner, and Deep threat WR in Rnd 3 or later.
    GoHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 489
    Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm


  • With the 56th pick in this years draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

    Zaviar Gooden

    Book it.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10615
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • If that happens, i'm sure someone on this site will say it means we're cutting Russell Wilson.

    Oh, and I will throw my remote against the wall.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18700
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • #1: No chance Barkley lasts that long.

    #2: Very little chance Seattle would draft Barkley as a pure backup. They are looking for a read option compatible QB.

    #3: If it did happen, I actually wouldn't complain. Kind of a high price to pay, but if Barkley impresses enough, there is a chance you might swing him for a profit down the road.

    #4: Of course, this won't happen. I think Arizona and Tennessee have a higher chance of facing off in next year's Superbowl than Matt Barkley being a Seahawk in 2013.
    Last edited by kearly on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11399
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:With the 56th pick in this years draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

    Zaviar Gooden

    Book it.


    I will, just to make fun of you later. ;)
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11399
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • He's a first round, Day 1 starting caliber QB who we'd get in the late second who we could flip into first round pick/s down the road. But yeah, won't happen.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2180
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


  • I'm thinking that they work a deal with either Jax or Oak for Flynn and a swap of 2nd round picks, then pick up a player they were keying in on in that area, be it (DT)K. Short,(TE) Z. Ertz or maybe(WLB) A. Brown. Then use some of those 5's and 7's to move up in 3 and 4 to target the other 2 positions not filled in rd.2.
    Wasteland2112
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 pm


  • Wasteland2112 wrote:I'm thinking that they work a deal with either Jax or Oak for Flynn and a swap of 2nd round picks, then pick up a player they were keying in on in that area, be it (DT)K. Short,(TE) Z. Ertz or maybe(WLB) A. Brown. Then use some of those 5's and 7's to move up in 3 and 4 to target the other 2 positions not filled in rd.2.



    I would love, love , love to move up in the second round. This draft is deep and an early second would net us a very similar player we would have gotten with the pick we gave to MSP.
    Doubt your scenario Wasteland, but I hope you're right.
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1105
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


  • GoHawks wrote:The Seattle Seahawks select: Matt Barkley QB - USC ( yeah I know, he won't make it to 56)

    We still have the Cap room to sign a FA to fill the pass rush 3-tech DT position of need, who that will be - not sure?

    If we sign a FA to fill that need, do you think PC/JS shock the world and select Pete's QB protege from USC, with our 2nd pick?

    I'm not saying they will, or that he fits the mobile QB mold, but certainly the intangibles, and it is likely that we can

    pick up WLB and Nickel Corner, and Deep threat WR in Rnd 3 or later.



    Yup thats what they do if they wanna get fired, they got their franchise QB.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 am




It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online