How Terrifying a formation is this?

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1mz0nlcn said:
Situation: Third & short

Formation: Shotgun, empty set.

Goal: Get the defensive in their nickel package.

Players: Rice and Tate on the outside. Harvin and Baldwin in the slot. Miller standing up at TE.

Play: First, motion Harvin into the backfield next to Wilson. Second, motion Miller to either side of the tackles OR to the outside of Rice/Tate, drawing a defender with him.

From there, the sky is the limit. You can run option game, play action, or a number of different screen plays to Harvin/Tate/Baldwin.

I don't think you can "motion" two players before a snap.

NorCal

Reaction score
I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NorCal":3jutbrcy said:
I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.
The Seahawks are already well aware of any 49ers strengths and know how to attack them even at their best. That most recent 42-13 game on SNF probably gave the Ravens a blueprint on how to win the Super Bowl. You can rest assured... the Hawks wont be dependent upon scouring fan forums to get ideas about out how to utilize one of the premier players in the league in their already dynamic offense. One simply can't imagine how many more ways the Seahawks can create mismatches with Percy Harvin on an already dangerous team with the elite Russell Wilson. There's going to be multiple ways to dissect that defense with this addition. So, it's only going to be even that much more entertaining. What's funny about all this to me how the 49ers are still being talked about that the team to beat in the NFC West... which is fine with me because I think that helps keep that chip on the shoulder attitude and further likelihood that the Seahawks will be so fired up for those games that they absolutely destroy the 49ers.

HawkMania

Reaction score
Hawknight":2pxb1bqi said:
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.
Agreed. Would not hurt if the whiners lost goldston. I read hes testing the waters. Hopefully he goes elswhere that would make me smile.

NorCal

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":h2ol3z8t said:
NorCal":h2ol3z8t said:
The Seahawks are already well aware of any 49ers strengths and know how to attack them even at their best. That most recent 42-13 game on SNF probably gave the Ravens a blueprint on how to win the Super Bowl. You can rest assured... the Hawks wont be dependent upon scouring fan forums to get ideas about out how to utilize one of the premier players in the league in their already dynamic offense. One simply can't imagine how many more ways the Seahawks can create mismatches with Percy Harvin on an already dangerous team with the elite Russell Wilson. There's going to be multiple ways to dissect that defense with this addition. So, it's only going to be even that much more entertaining. What's funny about all this to me how the 49ers are still being talked about that the team to beat in the NFC West... which is fine with me because I think that helps keep that chip on the shoulder attitude and further likelihood that the Seahawks will be so fired up for those games that they absolutely destroy the 49ers.

Obviously the team won't look to the fan's site for scheme. My comment was in reference to other fan's thoughts of a formation.

And why wouldn't the Niners be considered the team to beat in the division? They won the division and went farther in the playoffs. Yes, Harvin goes add a weapon, but to think the offense is now unstoppable is fans being fans.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wi03xig said:
Attyla the Hawk":2wi03xig said:
Hawknight":2wi03xig said:
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.

You mean three times this season :)

Why do you want them to make the playoffs?

Well, if we beat them 3 times, it means we at least made it to the NFC title game.