Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 612
In the Backfield:

Wilson, Robinson, Lynch and Harvin.

Miller at TE and Tate on the outside.

Just think of what you could do with these six...

Oh man the FO just made me SOOOO happy. :)

What formations do YOU want to see?

:thirishdrinkers:

_________________
http://neilkhess.com
http://soulwinningstudents.org/welcome/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Victory formation.

In the Super Bowl.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:21 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Giblien wrote:
In the Backfield:

Wilson, Robinson, Lynch and Harvin.

Miller at TE and Tate on the outside.

Just think of what you could do with these six...

Oh man the FO just made me SOOOO happy. :)

What formations do YOU want to see?

:thirishdrinkers:



Bringing back the wishbone...

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2987
JSeahawks wrote:
Victory formation.

In the Super Bowl.


Flynning.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 924
Location: Spokane, WA
We are going to.... take a harbaugh on those 49ers lol

_________________
Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
I want to bench Wilson 5 minutes into the second half in the Super Bowl like we did against Arizona because we're beating the opposing team's asses harder than they beat their own meat. I want to have a 60-12 final score and have it be rated the most boring, but dominant, Super Bowl ever.

:179417:

Oh, and I want Sherman to get 3 picks in it so he can mouth off for life w/o reprisal.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 am
Posts: 879
Location: Bellevue, WA
JKent82 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Victory formation.

In the Super Bowl.


Flynning.


You both win. Ha

Just a basic set of 3 wide (Tate at X, Harvin Y, Rice Z), Miller, and Lynch... with Wilson throwing the ball and Okung, Unger & company blocking? Shut up are we really talking about THE Seattle Seahawks? OUR Seattle Seahawks? None of these players were here four years ago... We are so freaking lucky to have Jon Schneider and ComPete Carroll here. We better not take it for granted.

_________________
Image

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2217
just the idea of playmakers like Harvin and Tate on the field at the same time makes me 10x more impatient for the season to start than I was a few days ago. Those guys want to get in the end zone every time they catch the ball and they fight for it. Defenses will be worn out trying to cover them while rice goes down the sideline. Beast mode and Miller punching everyone near the line. A young defense that wont wear down.

Not sure many teams are going to be able to physically last long enough to beat us; defenses will be exhausted by half time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 am 
* Class Act Hawk Fan *
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Hayward, California
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.

_________________
Image
Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 am
Posts: 107
Location: Athens, Georgia
JSeahawks wrote:
Victory formation.

In the Super Bowl.


Best reply ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
AceBoogie715 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Victory formation.

In the Super Bowl.


Best reply ever.

Can't imagine a better one.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
Posts: 302
Location: Spokane, WA
Yeah, Harvin back there in the read option does make our offense more explosive. Having Harvin come in motion and have Wilson play action to him as he crosses him, then pass or run off that would be awesome.

_________________
No autographs please


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 384
Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)
Jerhawk wrote:
Yeah, Harvin back there in the read option does make our offense more explosive. Having Harvin come in motion and have Wilson play action to him as he crosses him, then pass or run off that would be awesome.


Jesus. If I were the opposing MLB or safety, my head would explode.

How about a double reverse with Harvin to Tate to Wilson? Oh the insanity.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:32 pm
Posts: 525
There are so many formations you can run with this guy:

Backfield:
Wilson, Harvin
Rice, Baldwin, Tate, 4th WR (or TE)

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin
Rice, Baldwin, Tate or TE

The list goes on and on...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Dang it guys, would you stop? I can't splooge anymore. I'm already blue.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:55 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Posts: 629
Hawknight wrote:
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.


You mean three times this season :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
Attyla the Hawk wrote:
Hawknight wrote:
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.


You mean three times this season :)


Why do you want them to make the playoffs?

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1880
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Situation: Third & short

Formation: Shotgun, empty set.

Goal: Get the defensive in their nickel package.

Players: Rice and Tate on the outside. Harvin and Baldwin in the slot. Miller standing up at TE.

Play: First, motion Harvin into the backfield next to Wilson. Second, motion Miller to either side of the tackles OR to the outside of Rice/Tate, drawing a defender with him.

From there, the sky is the limit. You can run option game, play action, or a number of different screen plays to Harvin/Tate/Baldwin.

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
The possibilities of formations and play designs now is insane.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:36 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4315
Location: Auburn, WA
Lynch is going to have monster numbers this year. That much I can see happening.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm
Posts: 595
Recon_Hawk wrote:
Situation: Third & short

Formation: Shotgun, empty set.

Goal: Get the defensive in their nickel package.

Players: Rice and Tate on the outside. Harvin and Baldwin in the slot. Miller standing up at TE.

Play: First, motion Harvin into the backfield next to Wilson. Second, motion Miller to either side of the tackles OR to the outside of Rice/Tate, drawing a defender with him.

From there, the sky is the limit. You can run option game, play action, or a number of different screen plays to Harvin/Tate/Baldwin.



I don't think you can "motion" two players before a snap.

_________________
Image
"I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 240
I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
You can have two players motion at the same time as long as they set before the snap.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm
Posts: 595
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
You can have two players motion at the same time as long as they set before the snap.


Mind = Blown

_________________
Image
"I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
NorCal wrote:
I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.

The Seahawks are already well aware of any 49ers strengths and know how to attack them even at their best. That most recent 42-13 game on SNF probably gave the Ravens a blueprint on how to win the Super Bowl. You can rest assured... the Hawks wont be dependent upon scouring fan forums to get ideas about out how to utilize one of the premier players in the league in their already dynamic offense. One simply can't imagine how many more ways the Seahawks can create mismatches with Percy Harvin on an already dangerous team with the elite Russell Wilson. There's going to be multiple ways to dissect that defense with this addition. So, it's only going to be even that much more entertaining. What's funny about all this to me how the 49ers are still being talked about that the team to beat in the NFC West... which is fine with me because I think that helps keep that chip on the shoulder attitude and further likelihood that the Seahawks will be so fired up for those games that they absolutely destroy the 49ers.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 am
Posts: 233
Hawknight wrote:
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.

Agreed. Would not hurt if the whiners lost goldston. I read hes testing the waters. Hopefully he goes elswhere that would make me smile.

_________________
Some mind's are like cement, Mixed up well and Permanently SET!
kearly wrote:
The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 240
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
NorCal wrote:
I don't think having Harvin in the backfield on the read option is the best way against the Niners. It plays into their strengths at LB. Harvin would have a better chance at beating them running crossing patterns across the field or other routes matched up on a LB. We shall see. Will be an interesting aspect to the chess match.

The Seahawks are already well aware of any 49ers strengths and know how to attack them even at their best. That most recent 42-13 game on SNF probably gave the Ravens a blueprint on how to win the Super Bowl. You can rest assured... the Hawks wont be dependent upon scouring fan forums to get ideas about out how to utilize one of the premier players in the league in their already dynamic offense. One simply can't imagine how many more ways the Seahawks can create mismatches with Percy Harvin on an already dangerous team with the elite Russell Wilson. There's going to be multiple ways to dissect that defense with this addition. So, it's only going to be even that much more entertaining. What's funny about all this to me how the 49ers are still being talked about that the team to beat in the NFC West... which is fine with me because I think that helps keep that chip on the shoulder attitude and further likelihood that the Seahawks will be so fired up for those games that they absolutely destroy the 49ers.


Obviously the team won't look to the fan's site for scheme. My comment was in reference to other fan's thoughts of a formation.

And why wouldn't the Niners be considered the team to beat in the division? They won the division and went farther in the playoffs. Yes, Harvin goes add a weapon, but to think the offense is now unstoppable is fans being fans.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How Terrifying a formation is this?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Posts: 629
RolandDeschain wrote:
Attyla the Hawk wrote:
Hawknight wrote:
Taking out the 49ers twice this season is the formation I want to see on the division standings.


You mean three times this season :)


Why do you want them to make the playoffs?


Well, if we beat them 3 times, it means we at least made it to the NFC title game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.