NFL Network is clueless....lol

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So, I am watching the show today and the ticker says who we lost, who we gained ,etc....And our need? OL...I just couldn't help but laugh. Our OL is far from elite but I would not call it a need. Man, they are clueless...
Our need is DLine(pass rush), and OLB(Hilll replacement), and nickel CB(Trufant replacement). I think the last one could be on our roster and/or can be drafted.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
They've been saying it for a long time.

It's based on the early season impression of Giacomini. Basically, he struggled spectacularly early, and then nothing was heard of him again. So their collective recollection is from his penalty issues.

That and we have a 7th round pick playing a lot at RG. Obviously we can't have that either.

It really is just due to having no ability to follow the team in depth and not using local sources to give you in depth insight. It's a shallow analysis of what we are. I'm guessing it's not unlike most teams they cover. We just don't know better to see where they fall short there too.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Once again, I said the OL was FAR FROM ELITE but it's not a need IMO. Could we use some depth or more talent at G? You bet, but our needs are what I posted .

Happypuppy

Reaction score
We have 2 all pros , a 1st rd draft pick off injury coming back, that has played well when healthy . The RT is average but has growth room. A better line than average

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":sl671q5x said:
Once again, I said the OL was FAR FROM ELITE but it's not a need IMO. Could we use some depth or more talent at G? You bet, but our needs are what I posted .

That's pretty wishy washy. If it's far from elite, it's a need. Let's not sugar coat it.

It might not be a "huge" need to you, but it's a need. And it will be addressed in some form or fashion.

I'm not getting the fuss over what NFL Network said. Teams have multiple needs, not just one.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks? I don't think it is, but I could see why some would label it as a need.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I can see PCJS getting another OL player in this draft that is more than serviceable that will add to the mix. As the competition for spots improves, the weakest link gets released. They have went OL in every draft since taking over and those players are on the team, playing well and getting better under Tom Cable. NFLN obviously just has their own idea of need, because OBVIOUSLY the running game struggled and Wilson was getting PowerDriven into the turf every game.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":377job3s said:
Seahwkgal":377job3s said:

That's pretty wishy washy. If it's far from elite, it's a need. Let's not sugar coat it.

It might not be a "huge" need to you, but it's a need. And it will be addressed in some form or fashion.

I'm not getting the fuss over what NFL Network said. Teams have multiple needs, not just one.
No fuss. I found it funny. Ya know...LOL. And I do know most teams have multiple needs... :roll:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Run blocking is much better than pass blocking. It will be interesting to see if we can get Carp back in and have a steady line throughout the season for once.

I'm hoping a full off-season and lots of reps can help Sweezy - he has potential but was in way over his head last season.

Wilson was running for his life far too often last season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Of course OL is a need; would you be surprised if we drafted a lineman or two? As fans we love to be optimistic about our guys but take a step back and look at it from a national perspective or as a fan of another team.

Carpenter, Sweezy, and Moffit have as many questions surrounding them as any group of guards in the NFL. I like Giacomini too, but it's equally silly to imagine him locked in as our RT next year.

Heck, we even have a small need at CB. There is the competition at nickel to consider as well as having players with upside on the roster for 2014 if salary negotiations do not go well.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
AgentDib":25hvmic3 said:
Of course OL is a need; would you be surprised if we drafted a lineman or two? As fans we love to be optimistic about our guys but take a step back and look at it from a national perspective or as a fan of another team.

Carpenter, Sweezy, and Moffit have as many questions surrounding them as any group of guards in the NFL. I like Giacomini too, but it's equally silly to imagine him locked in as our RT next year.

Heck, we even have a small need at CB. There is the competition at nickel to consider as well as having players with upside on the roster for 2014 if salary negotiations do not go well.

Yep, exactly. Not sure how people who watched this team last season didn't see the issues we had on the O line. They are good, but there is definite room for improvement.

Stability and cohesion would go a long way.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised or upset if we drafted OL. That doesn't change the fact that our most glaring weakness is DL. Just be prepared for it. If the offense can be dominant we do have a good enough defense to get us there. To get the D to an elite level we all know PASS RUSH is a must. That's all. Have a great day. I am outta here for now.

BBlades89

Reaction score
Yesterday their ticker said that the Hawks lost Chris Clemons to Miami (they re-signed their safety with the same name).

mikeak

Reaction score
Of course we don't need to improve the offensive line. I can't remember one time where it hurt us and we were unable to get a first down at say 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1.........

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Not really a huge need I agree, contract wise though we should look for some cheaper options for Paul McQuiston, Breno, and Omiyale. Adding say 3 rookies or 1 UDFA, 1 draft pick, 1 low cost veteran will save quite a bit of cap space. That gives us a lot of leeway in resigning starters in the future and adding another big piece for the DLine.

We could stand pat for another season though, not too terrible of a position to be in for an offensive line.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1u3obso7 said:
I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!

You know they are based in Los Angeles right? Just sayin.

Latest posts