Cap situation currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
does someone have a good idea on how much cap room we have left post Harvin deal and cutting Leon? How much money would trading Flynn free up? With our current draft picks how much to we have to leave open to sign them?

Anybody have any idea what kind of cap hits the following guys would command this year on 1 year deals?

Seymour
Abraham
Avril
Freeney
Osi
Winfield
Woodson
Branch
Jones

volsunghawk

Reaction score
From what I've heard, Harvin's cap hit THIS year is actually comparatively small... about $5 million (his new signing bonus spread across the life of the new deal plus the remaining year from his rookie season). It's going to jump up a lot next season, but that dovetails nicely with Zach Miller's cap hit dropping like a rock.

mikeak

Reaction score
The contract was renegotiated the last year of the rookie contract is gone. It is big money this year spread in multiple years an then more in salary future years.

GhostHawk

Reaction score
Some one will correct me on this i am sure because there are more knowlegable people out there but i am guessing we have around 14 or 15 mill left in cap space after the signing of PH and releasing Leon.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Harvin's cap hit for this year is only $4.5M, which is composed of his 2013 salary of $2.5M and a prorated signing bonus of $2M (1/6 of $12M).

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Curious what is going on with Obomanu. I would have thought that he would have been released by now

The Radish

Reaction score
We old members really miss the time when Hawkstorian had a line into cap info and we always knew up front what the numbers were.

Thanks for those years Hawkstorian. I learned a lot about cap and various rules from you in those days. And paid attention to them, unlike what we see now.

:roll:

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":3s8ysqc3 said:
We old members really miss the time when Hawkstorian had a line into cap info and we always knew up front what the numbers were.

Thanks for those years Hawkstorian. I learned a lot about cap and various rules from you in those days. And paid attention to them, unlike what we see now.

Well there might have been a salary cap thread that was pinned at the top of the board for awhile, and it MIGHT have been bumped up today just for guys like you Les 8)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64716&start=40

The Radish

Reaction score
kidhawk":rtwl66wg said:
The Radish":rtwl66wg said:

Well there might have been a salary cap thread that was pinned at the top of the board for awhile, and it MIGHT have been bumped up today just for guys like you Les 8)

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64716&start=40

I just realized it was missing and was on my way here to link it. Thanks for setting me straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.