UPDATED: Harvin's contract 6y/$67m $14.5m guaranteed

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I don't give a steaming Harbaugh how many yards Harvin gets. The real question is how are the three NFC West jabronies planning on defending him twice a year while also covering Rice, Tate, Miller, Lynch, and Wilson? Yeah? Good luck with that!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Ninerguy":1okfsjff said:
Decimation":1okfsjff said:
Ninerguy":1okfsjff said:
what are you the fans expectations for Harvins receiving yards, if he stays healthy, for 2013?

He has never even had 1000 yards receiving in a season, are your expectations that he surpasses 1000 yards in 2013?
Yes. Because he won't have to deal with an incompetent organization and come to a real one with a REAL quarterback.. He will break 1000 receiving yards this year easily, and you will witness it. Boldin? Idk. He hasn't had an 1000 year season since Arizona, soo.. there's that. (just throwing that out there)

I guess Favre wasnt a real quarterback...probably wont make it to the HOF right? Harvin may or may not have 1000 yds, I think he could do it.
Im just asking your opinion, to get a feel for hawk fans expectations...btw, I do not expect Boldin to have 1000 yards at all, 8-900 will be fine! we still have Crabtree and Vernon Davis to feed the ball to, I am hoping Boldin is more os a redzone threat honestly

The stat we care about is total touchdowns, not yards receiving (though, I'm expecting Harvin to account for 1600 yards between returning/receiving/running). If he averages 10 TDs a season for us, it's money well spent.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wow. How many times is this front office going to hit it out of the park? This is all too good to be true.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":25hiz7jm said:
Ninerguy":25hiz7jm said:
what are you the fans expectations for Harvins receiving yards, if he stays healthy, for 2013?

He has never even had 1000 yards receiving in a season, are your expectations that he surpasses 1000 yards in 2013?

The stat we care about is total touchdowns, not yards receiving (though, I'm expecting Harvin to account for 1600 yards between returning/receiving/running). If he averages 10 TDs a season for us, it's money well spent.

This is my thinking as well. I'd be kinda surprised if Harvin notched 1000 yards receiving, given how many options Seattle has and how the team likes to spread the ball around. I do, however, think he'll give us more TDs and plenty of first downs that we might not have gotten last season. I expect that Harvin's going to earn his keep on 3rd downs.

edogg23

Reaction score
I think Pete is about protecting the football, not necassarily running the football. Russell has already proven he can protect the football so short throws to the slot are probably not much more risky than a running back straight up fumbling the football. I would expect to see Harvin to help them become much more unpredictable on first and second down this year!

themunn

Reaction score
I expect production around 60 receptions for 900 yards, 30 rushes for 200 yards, he's never going to get 120+ targets in this offense, as Wilson will spread the ball around often.

Teqneek

Reaction score
volsunghawk":31jhbef5 said:
Blitzer88":31jhbef5 said:
Man I was so pumped for the Harvin deal, but today all I have heard and seen from the talking heads and media outlets is what a great trade the Niners made and how much better they are because of it and granted they are better with Bouldin. Yet for us it always seems to come back to the idea that we overpaid and all the potential negatives and attitude problems revolving around Harvin. Anyone else annoyed by the negative or more critical views of our trade as opposed to the Niners trade?

Oh jeez.

Look, Harvin DOES come with baggage, and we DID pay a lot for him - both in terms of contract dollars and draft picks. That stuff is fair to point out. But all the discussion of Harvin has ALSO included the fact that he's one of the most explosive playmakers in the league and that the Seahawks offense is downright scary. I've seen more than one pundit suggest that Seattle is the NFC favorite now, or at the very least, they're neck and neck with last year's NFC SB rep.

As for Boldin and the 49ers, that WAS a great trade for the 49ers. Seriously. They've got a loaded team, as well, and it's unlikely that a 6th round pick is going to make a real impact for that team. So turning a 6th round pick into Anquan Boldin was a very good move for them. They had a hole at WR, and if Boldin plays even close to the way he played in last season's playoffs, it's a HUGE steal for them - even if it's only for 1 year at $6 million.

If you're upset that the 49ers are getting good coverage for the Boldin trade, then you're screwed because they DESERVE good coverage for it. If you're upset because all you're hearing is negative and critical views on our Harvin trade, then I'd suggest that you're letting an inferiority complex get you down, because there's been a TON of good press for the Seahawks on this one, and you're just hearing what you expect to hear.

In fact, since our game against Chicago last season, the Seahawks have been getting a massive amount of attention from the national media. That was a huge win, and we followed it up with a series of beatdowns. We took down the league's golden boy in RGIII and were favored by many to beat the #1 seed in their own house. Our game against Atlanta was one of the best of the entire year, and it showcased the Seahawks as contenders. For a team that wasn't even in the conference championships last season, we're getting tons of press. If we can get a SB appearance or two over the next few years, we'll start being seen as one of the league's marquee teams.

I'm not sure this board can handle that.

See im just pessimistic... but Why should they get praise... No one in their right mind would trade their SB star receiver for a 6th round.. Just Brother to Brother teams did..

Everyone says Boldin makes them better.. I suppose a little.. but Boldin has never met his Arizona numbers in a Ravens uniform, as he had Larry Fitzgerald on the otherside of him. Mr Crabtree is no Larry Fitzgerald.

Who cares who the favorite is... Id like to see some real reporting one day ;) Niners trade for a declining (look at the numbers) 33 year old Receiver.. some how gifted with a 6 round pick.... Seahawks trade for first round talent, that has almost matched all of boldins numbers every year, never having played a full season

Heck Harvin was only 250 some odd yds and 1 td behind Boldin this year... in 9 games vs 16

It doesnt take a rocket science to know seattle got the better deal I dunno

mjwhitay

Reaction score
themunn":f3tcf2bx said:
I expect production around 60 receptions for 900 yards, 30 rushes for 200 yards, he's never going to get 120+ targets in this offense, as Wilson will spread the ball around often.

Tom Brady spreads the ball all over the place and Wes Welker still gets 150 targets a year. I know they throw a lot more, but Percy is gonna get a 100 reception season or two with this offense. I'm sure of it. He's too damn good.

Seaswab

Reaction score
They seem to be ignoring some of the players the 49ers have lost.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah guess I just got worked up after watching a segment on NFL Am where they all preferred the Boldin trade compared to the Harvin trade. Either way I love what the FO did as well as the deal that they worked with Harvin.

themunn

Reaction score
mjwhitay":lk1erht5 said:
themunn":lk1erht5 said:

Tom Brady spreads the ball all over the place and Wes Welker still gets 150 targets a year. I know they throw a lot more, but Percy is gonna get a 100 reception season or two with this offense. I'm sure of it. He's too damn good.

Tom Brady also throws the ball over 600 times a year and the Patriots play that high-tempo 70 play a game hurry-up offense.
And whilst they have a decent receiving corps, they've had Randy Moss for a couple of years, Brandon Lloyd for a year, but their actual receiving corps depth is probably not comparable to ours, so Welker is going to get targetted a lot more (even by someone who spreads the ball around)

Welker's receptions account for a little under 20% of Brady's attempts - Rice (our receptions leader) had 50 catches this year with Wilson attempting close to 400 passes. So around 12.5% of Wilson's attempts were caught by Rice (who dropped a lower percentage of balls compared to Welker)
Unless you expect Wilson to focus in on Harvin and throw a third of attempts Harvin's way - not to mention through the ball more than 450 times, he'll get nowhere near 100 receptions.
We just don't play that way