Is the offense "complete"?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The offensive line, as others have said, a healthy Carpenter, solid replacement for right tackle, but as well I think depth on an offensive line is important and I like guys with a bit of versatility between guard and tackle. I'd like to see us draft at least two solid offensive linemen of the pass protecting kind.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2kjkupl6 said:
McGruff":2kjkupl6 said:
Tate probably doesn't have a future here.
Why not??

Things could change, but when you've got 30 million+ per season tied up in Rice, Harvin and Miller, it kind of puts you in your place.

Seattle Patriots

Reaction score
I could see them resigning Rice and grabbing another wideout in the draft. Tate, while talented is expendable due to the amount of receivers we have and will have if we get another in the draft plus he will likely demand a pretty penny.

nsport

Reaction score
I guess if I graded the offense - it would go this way - I'd be happy to start any season with these blessings - so in response to the OP, I think we're basically done with the upgrades.

QB: Starter A, Backup B - Russell Wilson - amazing first year, no reason to suspect a drop off, Flynn is a capable backup and I feel very good about it. QB3 - not relevant for this dialogue
RB: Starter A, Backup B- Lynch has had minor injuries the past two years, but has played through it. Without Washington, you lose a lot of football IQ and experience. Turbin is a capable backup. RB3 might be a nice add
WR: Starters B, Depth B - Like that Rice stayed healthy last year, but still plays in a way that gives me fear about his durability. Harvin, again not much in the way of full seasons - but so versatile and love that testimonial from AP's Twitter post. Tate, Baldwin - nice pieces. Might need a WR5 in the draft or is Kearse the guy?
TE: Starter A-, Depth B - I really like what we have here. Perhaps one more for depth - interested to see what Fells has. I really love McCoy - great swagger and explosive.
OL: Starters B, Depth B- - Would love to say everything is locked up - but like the overall depth due to the ZBS - some players are exceeding expectations while stars are shining (Okung, Unger). A lot of guys played meaningful downs last year - love that.

The amazing part about the offense is its interchangeable parts and flexibility of formations. The read-option gave even more life to the running game last season - so with the addition of Harvin, I expect that trend to continue. This is a team that scored among the leaders in the 2nd half. I don't expect that to change. As a matter of fact, I think this team might score more than any other Seahawk team.

aku

Reaction score
I don't think the term "complete" means much of anything in the NFL. There's always something to be improved, some new weapon to be added. So if you're asking whether I'd be comfortable going into the season with our offense looking like this, I'd say absolutely. But if you're asking whether there isn't any place left to upgrade, I'd say no.

But specifically, I think there are one or two spots they're probably still looking to upgrade. The main one is the big-bodied receiver/TE. Look at some of the moves they've made in the past three years and I think it's clear that they are looking to fill a particular role: BMW, Winslow, Durham, Edwards, Even Moore... probably some others I'm not thinking about. Oh, right, that new basketball player, Darren Fells. It seems like they really envision a player like that as part of their ideal offense. McCoy could be that guy, but I think if he was going to do that full time it would have happened last year.

And then, yeah, the line. Everyone pretty much covered that though. If you don't have probowlers at every spot there I think you're always looking to improve.

SE174

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2pjr951q said:
I'd say the core of the offense is on the roster, but with as much two tightend sets the hawks run, I'd like to see an upgrade over McCoy with a better receiver, YAC type.

I'd also like a speed RB added to replace Leon.
Ditto. I'd like us to trade with Oakland to get Taiwan Jones, because they never really gave him a fair shake at RB (they're switching him to CB). Look up his college tape, the dude is low 4.3 fast and shifty as hell, great balance. Just needs to hold onto the ball better.

Seeker

Reaction score
I think there is a little too much belief that golden tate is a failed percy harvin.
If anything golden tate is a guy who can do a good percy harvin imitation, but is secretly a good over the top guy.
Go back and look at all the big first scores we had. Aside from the two big ones in chicago and of course the pats, tate was always our deep guy.

I feel with Percy Harvin doing REAL Percy Harvin stuff, golden Tate is free to streak until he just gets tired of touchdowns. Tate might actually look better.

im sitting here watching the seahawks/vikings game on dvr, we just got to the point where adrian bitch slapped us to first and goal. God ponder is horrible.

BASF

Reaction score
With a lot of people bringing up TE, I wonder how Morrah's recovery is going. He seemed to be pretty decent with some solid upside.

I have been very critical of Giacomini, but watching tape he seemed to be trying to cheat over a little to help whoever was playing right guard except when McQuistan was in, so I have given him a little more benefit of the doubt. He is solid.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":29aurz8n said:
An offensive line is never complete. #AlwaysBeDraftingOline

It seems as inevitable as the tides, that Seattle will take a CB, S and OL in day 3 of every draft. Looks like this is where we like to infuse new development prospects at those positions.

I also don't expect we'll ever take an OL on day 1 until we're looking for a LT. I believe those days are officially over.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We look good this year, though I agree if there is a upgrade available on oline we might want to do it.