Rams are bigger threat this season

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Rams are bigger threat this season
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm
  • Still happy Steven Jackson is gone and they might need to add a couple more pieces but with that pass rush and adding Cook and maybe Long to LT I think it'll be tougher for Seattle to beat them than San Fran. 49ers are heading for a Superbowl hangover and couldn't beat the Rams last season. Rams probably could have swept the division last season and I think they could be a tougher out than the 49ers right now.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    User avatar
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 pm
  • I think they take a big step back personally.

    No jackson. No amondola. No weapons. Plus their QB is still Sam Bradford.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18805
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm
  • If they get Long, they will be more of threat.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 677
    Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm
  • Between Fisher and that D, they'll be in a lot of games to the end.

    Not sure if they're a worse threat than the Niners, but they'll be tough again this year.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10488
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:52 pm
  • I kind of feel bad for the cardinals, then I picture stupid kurt warner and I'm ok with it.
    Image
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm
  • Chris Long has taken a step back it seems, and as J said, their QB is still Sam Bradford.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 am
  • Chris Long had 11.5 sacks last year, 13 the year before...not really that much of a step back
    User avatar
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 488
    Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 am


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 am
  • Chris Long got 3 or 4 out of those 11.5 , in Seattle that last game ?

    Rams are a tough team last year and will be the same this year.

    They have two first round picks this draft # 16 and 22.
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 am
  • Arizona went from being the best team in the NFL undisputed through 4 games to a laughingstock. Amazing fall from power and might.

    I expect the same for the San Francisco 49ers this year, after Harbaugh fucked over Alex Smith the way he did. Its a clear downgrade to Kaepernick anyway. Karma is a bitch, especially when you go the reverse discrimination route.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:05 am
  • You could say the same thing about Clemons. He had four in one half against GB.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9361
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 am
  • I agree the Rams are a bigger threat than say Kansas City. But over the ninnirs?

    Ha!

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am
  • legit threat? Yes

    greater threat than SF? NO
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:07 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:legit threat? Yes

    greater threat than SF? NO



    Kaepernick = Tavaris Jackson
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:I kind of feel bad for the cardinals, then I picture stupid kurt warner and I'm ok with it.


    :lol: :lol:

    I don't see how they're going to fix their QB position anytime soon. Maybe you should trade them flynn
    heyu123
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:08 pm
  • 12th_Bob wrote:Still happy Steven Jackson is gone and they might need to add a couple more pieces but with that pass rush and adding Cook and maybe Long to LT I think it'll be tougher for Seattle to beat them than San Fran. 49ers are heading for a Superbowl hangover and couldn't beat the Rams last season. Rams probably could have swept the division last season and I think they could be a tougher out than the 49ers right now.


    Hangover, huh? We'll see about that. As far as the Rams, the reason we didn't beat them last year was released last week. His name is David Akers.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm
  • In other news, 49ers fans have started to worry.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    User avatar
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:05 pm
  • Well it's only the start of the FA period, the Rams are not going to let Bradford try to win by himself, there is a lot out there that could still be brought in. The fact Fisher is the coach will make the defense tough on opponents, we were the only team that beat them last year in the division. Blame Akers all you want S.F. fans you had the balls to switch QB's why not kickers. You made your bed own the damn thing.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11661
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 pm
  • Uffda wrote:Chris Long got 3 or 4 out of those 11.5 , in Seattle that last game ?
    Rams are a tough team last year and will be the same this year.

    They have two first round picks this draft # 16 and 22.


    So what if he did? Chris Clemons got 4 of his 11 sacks in one game too - against GB.

    This division is stacking up to be the best in the NFL. There's a new black n' blue division and it isn't the NFC North or East. Has there ever been a division that sent 3 three teams to the playoffs? This may be the year NFC West does that. Seattle, SF, and St. Louis all have good chances. I'm leaving AZ out because of a new coach and scheme for now. If they can get there QB and OL issues settled then they coudl be there too.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4189
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:11 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:legit threat? Yes

    greater threat than SF? NO



    Kaepernick = Tavaris Jackson


    what
    User avatar
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 200
    Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:26 am
  • 757Niner wrote:
    12th_Bob wrote:Still happy Steven Jackson is gone and they might need to add a couple more pieces but with that pass rush and adding Cook and maybe Long to LT I think it'll be tougher for Seattle to beat them than San Fran. 49ers are heading for a Superbowl hangover and couldn't beat the Rams last season. Rams probably could have swept the division last season and I think they could be a tougher out than the 49ers right now.


    Hangover, huh? We'll see about that. As far as the Rams, the reason we didn't beat them last year was released last week. His name is David Akers.


    Why are you here? Go tell your own fans how excited you are. Or don't they like you either?

    We're here to talk about what we like and ninnirs aren't on that list.

    :141847_bnono:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 am
  • Rams will win 9 games and are a good team. That said they aren't in the same class as Seattle and San Fran. Admit it or not, but those are the two best teams right now on paper in the NFC. I'm sure the saints and bears will have something to say about it, but IMO your blind or blind by hate, if you believe StL is on the same level as the 9ers.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:50 am
  • The Bears??

    What??
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 am
  • Yeah rhey are my dark horse team going into next year, they get Tillman back and have signed some nice FA. Besides in the NFC north if the packers lose Jennings who's going to challenge them? The lions with Schwartz as HC, or the Vikings with no Qb?

    Yeah the falcons should be decent as well, but I think they take a step back this year to 10-6.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 am
  • interesting that you decided to go with the Bears and Saints instead of, oh idk, Packers and Falcons? Although I suppose both the Bears and Saints have a shot at the playoffs
    User avatar
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 200
    Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:17 am
  • Yeah rhey are my dark horse team going into next year, they get Tillman back and have signed some nice FA. Besides in the NFC north if the packers lose Jennings who's going to challenge them? The lions with Schwartz as HC, or the Vikings with no Qb?

    Yeah the falcons should be decent as well, but I think they take a step back this year to 10-6.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am
  • Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Free-agent OT Jake Long is leaving St. Louis later this afternoon without a contract from the Rams.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8847
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 am
  • I once left the gondola guy in Venice because he wouldn't come down more in price. Once I was 20 steps away he yelled out - ok we got a deal.........

    I don't see Long going anywhere but St Louis but as always there is a chance that I am wrong
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3848
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:29 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    757Niner wrote:
    12th_Bob wrote:Still happy Steven Jackson is gone and they might need to add a couple more pieces but with that pass rush and adding Cook and maybe Long to LT I think it'll be tougher for Seattle to beat them than San Fran. 49ers are heading for a Superbowl hangover and couldn't beat the Rams last season. Rams probably could have swept the division last season and I think they could be a tougher out than the 49ers right now.


    Hangover, huh? We'll see about that. As far as the Rams, the reason we didn't beat them last year was released last week. His name is David Akers.

    Why are you here? Go tell your own fans how excited you are. Or don't they like you either?

    We're here to talk about what we like and ninnirs aren't on that list.

    WTF? Did he sneeze in your corn flakes or something? Normally you are Mr. They-are-welcome-here-as-long-as-they're-civil. Today you are Mr. Crotchety Grumpypants.

    Go back to bed, get up and start over. :mrgreen:
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7473
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Rams are bigger threat this season
Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 am
  • CPHawk wrote: Yeah the falcons should be decent as well, but I think they take a step back this year to 10-6.

    And you're basing that on what exactly?

    Their run game should improve with Steven Jackson replacing Michael Turner.

    Gonzalez is returning for another year.

    Exactly why do you think their record will drop from 13-3 to 10-6?

    I'm curious.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3149
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am




It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: joeseahawks, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests