Florio speculates Sidney Rice may be released

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
FargoHawk":1d2ecgiz said:
Florio is a complete Douche!! I deleted the PFT because I couldn't stand his speculatory crap. Plus, when he has an agenda, he is relentless about it in every post.

Yep, he was so incensed about the "Fail Mary" that was all he talked about last season, to the point where he's got a post all about "The Impact of the Fail Mary" less than two hours after our 42-13 beatdown of the Niners.

His latest agenda is pushing for the Redskins to change their team name.

The Outfield

Reaction score
bryantology79":bqr8iya7 said:
Missing_Clink":bqr8iya7 said:
bryantology79":bqr8iya7 said:
pete just said (on siriusXM) they are adding, not moving anyone around or out

Leon Washington must feel pretty confused by that statement

sorry, pete meant receiver-wise. i had a sandwich in one hand and cheetos debris on the other when i was typing.

Oh geez, there must be some interesting things growing on that keyboard!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Florio is an idiot. Why would we do that when, in his last full season across from Harvin, Sidney had 1300 yards receiving. God, Florio is an idiot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we release Rice, who would be one of our few big receivers that produces, then this trade starts to veer in the the stupid/foolish category.

I don't want this to be like the Vin Baker trade where we get some guy that we feel is a star with just a few problems, but that the cost of keeping means gutting a few players - players that turn out to be important. Any Seattle fans of any sport are probably conditioned to listen for the sound of the other shoe dropping...so maybe this is that.

But getting rid of Rice so that we can have a squadron of 4ft tall receivers does not sound wise.

I am already bothered we lost Leon, this would just grind it in.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
People talking about cuts in reaction to the Harvin trade don't take into account that trading Flynn and installing a decent backup QB at a backup's salary gives the Hawks a lot of bang for very few bucks at QB...

Makes sense to use a little of the cap space freed up by the QB bargain to give RW the best receiver corps they can get.

JMO/YMMV

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I don't see that happening at all. Harvin likes him some Sid. This will be a reunion if anything and I'm looking forward to it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete and Percy discussed how much they were looking forward to having Rice, Tate and Harvin out on the field at the same time next season, so I don't think he's going anywhere (not that I ever did think he was)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Guys, there are already direct statements from Carroll quoted in this thread confirming they are keeping Rice (and Tate and Baldwin).

bellingerga

Reaction score
Dude I would be pissed if we released Sydney Rice. I really hope he's just trying to conjure up something to write about out of thin air.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
mikeak":1dgho5lu said:
The Yugoslavian":1dgho5lu said:
Why release him this season? What do we need the money for? Next off season re-evaluate maybe to resign Earl and Sherm but there's no point this year

I guess it doesn't matter how many times it is said as people don't seem to get the concept. THE CAP SPACE ROLLS OVER TO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

that would be what we need the money for

I believe you are partially correct about that as some does but there are instant savings as well. Or else teams over the cap would be shit out of luck

Subzero717

Reaction score
I missed it. Whst did Tate say about the Harvin deal? Florio made it sound that Tate wasn't happy about it.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Tate was asked by Josina Anderson of ESPN, and he said

When asked about the trade, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate, whose spot on the Seahawks' depth chart will be altered with the addition of Harvin, told Josina Anderson that "it's a business."

"The Seahawks are trying to do whatever they think is necessary to put together a Super Bowl quality team. If this is one of the steps they think works to accomplish that, then that's their choice. I don't think it will impact any of our work habits. We are still going to grind and let the cards play out the way that they will," he said.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1cp07& ... lot=1&wjb=

Doesn't seem too upset and I'm sure everything will be cool with Harvin is scoring points for us. Tate's a Seahawk he will be fine with this.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":2dttwogf said:
Tate was asked by Josina Anderson of ESPN, and he said

When asked about the trade, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate, whose spot on the Seahawks' depth chart will be altered with the addition of Harvin, told Josina Anderson that "it's a business."

"The Seahawks are trying to do whatever they think is necessary to put together a Super Bowl quality team. If this is one of the steps they think works to accomplish that, then that's their choice. I don't think it will impact any of our work habits. We are still going to grind and let the cards play out the way that they will," he said.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1cp07& ... lot=1&wjb=

Doesn't seem too upset and I'm sure everything will be cool with Harvin is scoring points for us. Tate's a Seahawk he will be fine with this.

Much ado. Florio made it seem worse. I think it will make him better as Harvin will command the attention. Tate will ine up against the third corner in modt cases.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good God, someone kill this stupid thread already! It keeps popping back up to the top of the list when it's pathetically unrealistic. Unless of course people just want to gripe about Florio.

Latest posts