Florio speculates Sidney Rice may be released

pinksheets

Reaction score
Florio was also speculating that Percy Harvin's migraines were all fake earlier today.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Mark my word. Write it down. This is not happening.

Most of these "experts" don't realize that we are not spending that much money at our QB position.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Irresponsible to speculate on this without knowing Harvin's cap hit.

misfit

Reaction score
That seems kind of reactionary. I think Sidney will be gone eventually, but I would expect him to be here next year. Unless they need to free up money for another big time FA(defense)

drdiags

Reaction score
Hmm. Makes sense from the cap number and one had to figure Rice and Miller's numbers were pretty substantial, such that they would be needing to adjust or leave next season. This season seems a bit pre-mature until they know that Tate can put back to back solid seasons up.

JonRud

Reaction score
This article is completely idiotic and baseless. just a waste of bandwidth. Rice is not getting cut.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. The only reason Rice's stats are lower is that we were breaking in a rookie QB and we like to move the ball around to other pieces of the offense.

If we targeted Sidney 10-12 times a game, he'd be a 1000 yard, 10 TD guy easily.

Stupid.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
yeah well this guy can go screw himself. Rice isn't going anywhere and if you think have Vanilla the offense was the first half of the season you can see why. PLUS RW likes to spread the ball around. It was Rice's first year playing fully healthy with a ROOKIE QUARTERBACK.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
This is why Florio is not taken seriously. He passes on his pure speculation are rumors...just terrible

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
A year or two down the road? Maybe. Now? Not going to happen.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ow92for said:
I don't see it.

But we shall see.

Sadly, I do. He's getting paid a lot of money for middling production. He's good for stretching the field but his play style makes him an injury risk (he falls down hard after almost every catch), and Golden Tate is establishing himself as the bigger threat. Much as I'd love to see Harvin, Rice, and Golden on the field together, it seems likely that Rice is the odd man out.

DericLee

Reaction score
Florio also said Seattle should drop Flynn because he cost to much money against the cap....

so yeah...Florio....

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":38epn5lt said:
JSeahawks":38epn5lt said:
I don't see it.

But we shall see.

Sadly, I do. He's getting paid a lot of money for middling production. He's good for stretching the field but his play style makes him an injury risk (he falls down hard after almost every catch), and Golden Tate is establishing himself as the bigger threat. Much as I'd love to see Harvin, Rice, and Golden on the field together, it seems likely that Rice is the odd man out.

Except we're not in a salary cup crunch (especially if we move flynn), so there's no reason to do it. Maybe in a year or two, but not now.

nategreat

Reaction score
I speculate that..... hmmmm..... Florio is an idiot. Yeah that sounds good.

Latest posts