Week 1: Seattle vs San Francisco in Prime Time

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm totally opposed to big games for week one. i hate'em like big thursday night games.
In fact I'd like to see all the non-conference games in the first 4 weeks.

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":1wvdsczh said:
I don't see them having us the first week, we typically get Arizona or a out of division game. besides they want full blown drama when we play and be at our best.

We've played a division opponent on opening weekend the last 4 years in a row (the 49ers twice).
Don't know where you got that from.
I thought they were trying to play as many divisional games on week 1 as possible to get people "hyped up" about the league starting.
The Ravens will probably play the Steelers on TNF though - you don't want to showcase your best game on rusty teams, that's a week 12 "Playoff Indicator" (ie. who will win when these teams meet in the playoffs) if ever I saw one

JonRud

Reaction score
I hope we open the season at the Giants. Let's play our first and last game of the season at MetLife Stadium. Perfect bookends.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Ninerguy":3nyvw4nf said:
HawksFTW":3nyvw4nf said:
kearly":3nyvw4nf said:
I'm hoping that 49ers at Seattle is the final game of the NFL season. Would be the most epic possible way to end things, IMO.

We will have the division locked up weeks before this, will actually be anticlimactic I think.

There needs to be a thread to save these kind of posts :thirishdrinkers:

Oh don't worry, I will be here regardless. Now, you (and the other 9ers fans) on the other hand...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":1f83zm4z said:
I'm hoping that 49ers at Seattle is the final game of the NFL season. Would be the most epic possible way to end things, IMO.

^ Winner.

It would be like the St Louis/Seattle game in 2010. Winner takes all. And probably a first round bye in the playoffs!

I blame the Pats. They cost us a Super Bowl.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If they schedule us to play against the 49ers on Prime time, I'd prefer it to be towards the end of the season with the division on the line.

But if it is Week 1, at least Harvin will be healthy then (maybe)

chris98251

Reaction score
themunn":1h785ll0 said:
chris98251":1h785ll0 said:
I don't see them having us the first week, we typically get Arizona or a out of division game. besides they want full blown drama when we play and be at our best.

We've played a division opponent on opening weekend the last 4 years in a row (the 49ers twice).
Don't know where you got that from.
I thought they were trying to play as many divisional games on week 1 as possible to get people "hyped up" about the league starting.
The Ravens will probably play the Steelers on TNF though - you don't want to showcase your best game on rusty teams, that's a week 12 "Playoff Indicator" (ie. who will win when these teams meet in the playoffs) if ever I saw one

I remember a lot of Arizona games as our first division opponent, not 49ers, maybe there is a reason for that, they stunk it up it didn't register where the Cards had Warner at the time.

DericLee

Reaction score
I would love an opening weekend prime time game.
'
That being said, i would prefer for both us, and Sanfran to get a few games under their belts before we meet.

I'm hoping for a week 5 match up in prime time.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
DericLee":33kkeq06 said:
'
That being said, i would prefer for both us, and Sanfran to get a few games under their belts before we meet.

This would make for a better game, and probably a better indicator of where both our teams are talent wise as this would allow chemistry to develop between our new acquisitions and the rest of the team.

Ideally I would prefer to play at Seattle mid season and the Stick towards season end. In that order for the same reason you guys want the opposite. ;)

Paschtorian

Reaction score
The "drama" will be the Seahawks beating the 49ers' (collective) asses in Week One.

Then,...........we don't meet again until the finale.

Now THAT,.........would be some genius programming.

Jville

Reaction score
Last year worked out so well for the NFL that I anticipate there will be no divisional matchups in the month of September.

lukerguy

Reaction score
DericLee":auqr7s9c said:
'

Me too.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I'd be down for a MNF week one against the 49ers and then whenever the final flex games (I think week 16) of the year are, a SNF for the division title. Epic. Unless of course it ends up as the same smackdown as last season...