Mike Florio: Harvin contract "won't be close" to Fitz money

Status
Not open for further replies.

chawx

Reaction score
It probably goes without saying, but his contract needs to also have some incentives/PT based numbers in it. We gotta cover ourselves if he can't make it through a full season +deep playoff/super bowl runs.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ldoi5xh said:
To be real, I think he wanted those numbers from the Vikings just to move him, last night something came out about him not wanting to play with Ponder anymore.

Could he have forced his way out of Minnesota in more ways than one?

Those rumors started floating around after the Seattle game last year. Supposedly that was part of the blow up on the sidelines (also the team not leaning on Peterson in the second half). I am not worried about the attitude, PC/JS have shown they will not allow someone to corrupt their chemistry, so far.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
McGruff":1beiata8 said:
Percy is not second tier.
Mcgruff I find it rather funny you were so dead set against Tavon Austin yet you seem to think Percy Harvin is all world. I realize he is a little bigger and has shown it in the NFL but they are basically the same type of player and would be used in a lot of the same ways.

themunn

Reaction score
McGruff":26op6npu said:
themunn":26op6npu said:
McGruff":26op6npu said:

he's sure as hell not Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald tier

So anyone who's nota future hall of famer is second tier?

Pretty much. By very definition, if they're future hall of famers, quite clearly they're a level above everyone else.

Even so, I'd argue Harvin doesn't even make the 2nd tier, those guys are going to the Hall of Fame, the league is littered with players who make the pro bowl regularly (the aforementioned Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall have been to 7 between them). AJ Green has been twice already.
Percy Harvin has made it once. As a kick returner. He has never had a 1000 yard season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
HawksFTW":3cakrkvi said:
Throwdown":3cakrkvi said:
To be real, I think he wanted those numbers from the Vikings just to move him, last night something came out about him not wanting to play with Ponder anymore.

Could he have forced his way out of Minnesota in more ways than one?

Those rumors started floating around after the Seattle game last year. Supposedly that was part of the blow up on the sidelines (also the team not leaning on Peterson in the second half). I am not worried about the attitude, PC/JS have shown they will not allow someone to corrupt their chemistry, so far.

Well its a good thing we got the best QB in the game huh? :)

McGruff

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2z96sfsw said:
McGruff":2z96sfsw said:
Mcgruff I find it rather funny you were so dead set against Tavon Austin yet you seem to think Percy Harvin is all world. I realize he is a little bigger and has shown it in the NFL but they are basically the same type of player and would be used in a lot of the same ways.

Austin is not near the player Harvin is. Not even close. Some type, sure. So is Tate.

And frankly, if the Seahawks get Austin somehow, I'll think that is a gat move too.

Status
Not open for further replies.