Mike Florio: Harvin contract "won't be close" to Fitz money

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
Per rotoworld:

Profootballtalk.com reports that a new contract for Percy Harvin is already in place with the Seahawks.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora previously suggested Harvin could command $12 million annually, which would make him the league's third-highest paid receiver behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. PFT's Mike Florio confirms Harvin's deal "won't be close" to Megatron and Fitz. The bottom line is Harvin isn't a one-year rental in Seattle. They're locking up the 24-year-old long term.

I know this is kind of meaningless since we'll know the details a few hours from now, but it sounds like Harvin's contract may not be quite the albatross as was initially feared.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think Pete and John would have made the trade for Harvin if Harvin was demanding 12 million a year.

My guess is it'll be more in the 8-9 million a year range, but for 4-5 years.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'll be very very surprised if it's less than what Bowe and V.Jackson got. They both got 5 year 53-55mil. Anything less and we are getting a bargin. I expect Mike Wallace to get about the same yet he dosn't have near the versatility and impact on the game Harvin will have.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I laughed when I first heard the 12 mil figure. That's not happening

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If he's second tier as mentioned in another thread, figure it's going to be around Sidney's 5 year/41 million contract. I'm going to guess 5 years/ 48 million with 24 guaranteed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":15m6ait2 said:
I laughed when I first heard the 12 mil figure. That's not happening

Fitz gets about 16.5M a year and got 50M guaranteed.. that doesn't mean Harvin won't get 12-13M a year with 25-30M guaranteed.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38x6i7rg said:
I don't think Pete and John would have made the trade for Harvin if Harvin was demanding 12 million a year.

I still think it will be north of 10 mil. Both Bowe and V Jack are at ~11 per so it could conceivably be higher than those.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":l6qphe80 said:
If he's second tier as mentioned in another thread, figure it's going to be around Sidney's 5 year/41 million contract. I'm going to guess 5 years/ 48 million with 24 guaranteed.

I'd be fine with this deal..

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Previously I was expecting 13 or 14 million per. Now I'm expecting 11 or 12.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Not new news, and was already covered in the Harvin thread in the last three pages.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Could be that Harvin and his agent threw out the "Fitz/Megatron type money" rumors to scare off some of the weaker teams in the league. By publicly demanding so much money, you're basically limiting a possible trade to only the serious contenders. Most serious contenders usually have at least a solid QB, which is apparently what he wanted. I want to think that he'd take non-big 2 money in order to facilitate a trade to a true, proven contender like Seattle with an excellent QB who's the same age as him and on the rise.

mikeak

Reaction score
If it is below Bowe then it is a HUGE amount guaranteed

I agree with those that expects around $11-$12 million but maybe "not more" than $20-25million guaranteed

rickychen

Reaction score
10m-12m sounds good as long as Harvin can be healthy for 16 games. any number lower than 10m seems good bargain

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CornerHawk":1b6tdybt said:
Sgt. Largent":1b6tdybt said:

I still think it will be north of 10 mil. Both Bowe and V Jack are at ~11 per so it could conceivably be higher than those.

If It's a 3 yr deal, then I agree with you. I'm hoping that the concession is more years for a little less money. That way the cap hit isn't so big.

McGruff

Reaction score
More years will mean less cap hit up front, and an out towards the end of the contract.

Throwdown

Reaction score
To be real, I think he wanted those numbers from the Vikings just to move him, last night something came out about him not wanting to play with Ponder anymore.

Could he have forced his way out of Minnesota in more ways than one?

Status
Not open for further replies.