UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeak

Reaction score
If we draft a TE now it is to create salary room.... Don't see it happening

I suspect six defensive players in the draft, one kicker and one offensive line player

We just spent our first round so guess we can't bid on Victor Cruz :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I dont think we're quite as set on the OL as people like to think. If the DL player we want is not there when when we are ready to pick in any paticular round, I can easily see us choosing OL because this draft is loaded with good OL talent.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Man a good TE paired with Miller would just be killer. Think NE's dual TE's, think Harvin=walker, Rice+Tate better than NE's WR's, Lynch better than NE's RB's. Brady still a little better but almost=RW.

The offense would be stupid good. I still want a TE, we have to plan for the future and Zach might not be worth his contract next year.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Didn't realize Sherman was all about himself. Those type of players almost always cause havoc in the locker room. Interesting that he's so well-liked on the team.

niveky

Reaction score
I was just checking to see if my SA Spurs had played and rebounded from a horrible loss the other day....I am still trying to collect the errant brain matter that mushroom clouded out of my cranium now.....mind is blown when mind is blown.......i honestly don't know what to think...i do know that my primitive tim the tool man taylor brain functions are going into hyperdrive and I am ready to see Seahawks football right this very second.....in the back of my brain I am thinking OUR FIRST ROUNDER!!!! AND ANOTHER PICK!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............and then he has the stupid migraine issues as well and blah blah...but then i'm like...he's only 24....he is as talented and explosive a player as there is in the NFL.....we basically get a draft pick that is proven for one that could be a bust(although not likely with this FO..but that risk is most likely enterly bypassed)......again my mind is blown when my mind is blown...holy The offseason is now, moreso than ever...way to long.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
*cough cough, Carpenter was at #25, cough cough*

You're right, dude is a massive talent, and only 24 years old. No way in hell we get someone at his level at the bottom of first round.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Mods, can we get a hold on all the new threads? It seems like 80% have something to do with Harvin.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1f3wm5s1 said:
Didn't realize Sherman was all about himself. Those type of players almost always cause havoc in the locker room. Interesting that he's so well-liked on the team.

Huh? What did Sherman say?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1ei57u7h said:
-The Glove-":1ei57u7h said:

Huh? What did Sherman say?
Nothing lately...it was a sarcastic response to another poster saying Sherman is all about himself.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Tentatively excited. If this works out like I think it could work out...the sky is the limit. I'm only tentatively excited because I don't want to see another disappointment alla Branch or Housh. I'm hoping this is one of those one in a million trades that works out in the end and helps bring Seattle the championship they have been working their collective tails off for. Welcome to Seattle Percy!

Sac

Reaction score
Some Guy From Another Board":2f955fy2 said:
....And you DEFINITELY don't trade him to a team with badass Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll's pimp walk and GOD I AM SO F***** ANGRY THERE ARE LASERS SHOOTING OUT OF MY EYES RIGHT NOW PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":3a0zxyfn said:
Mods, can we get a hold on all the new threads? It seems like 80% have something to do with Harvin.

What do you expect? The long offseason with virtually no news is interrupted by arguably the biggest trade in franchise history. I do agree though. It's damn frustrating to have to go all the way to page 3 for a uniform thread.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well maybe someone should start the QB threads back up, all this WR talk is boring. :)

Tical21

Reaction score
After really being excited about this move, I have digested, taken a step back, and don't like it anymore.

I LOVE Percy. I even have a Percy Harvin T-shirt. I think he's a great player, possibly elite. Expecting 13 games or whatever doesn't really bother me either. What bothers me is that the Hawks are a run-first team that now has a bazillion dollars tied up at WR and TE. The Seahawks' leading receiver had 50 catches last year. 50. And the Hawks WR corps wasn't bad. Golden Tate has come miles. Rice is very good when healthy. Did we just spend a first rounder and 12+ million per year for a player that is going to catch 50 balls? If the Hawks threw the ball around the lot, I would be all over this. But WR might be the least impactful position on the entire roster considering the style the Seahawks play with.

The Seahawks need DL help. They need OL help. They need LB help. They soon have to negotiate with Okung, Sherman, Earl Thomas and Tate, and Wilson isn't going to be far behind.

Percy's money if 12 mil per year, cost them 2-3 quality players they could have added, and possibly the chance to keep one of their studs at more impactful positions long-term.

Of course I hope he is the guy that puts our offense over the top and makes us incredibly dangerous. This team has needed a speedy playmaker for thirty years. But I'm thinking all the resources could have been best used at a position that helps the Seahawks play the way they are built to play, which is by running the ball and playing defense.

grizbob

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1n6nb0kq said:
Hopefully this guy becomes the team player once he gets paid.

I just heard in an interview on KJR that this fella has had issues with authority dating back to college. He is a tinderbox. Hopefully Pete can be that guy that can get through to him.

I will be monitoring this situation very closely.

AND keeping us posted I hope :D

CPHawk

Reaction score
The money argument could be moot, with the rumor that the salary cap will be raising a lot in 2014.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tical21":149lejlf said:
After really being excited about this move, I have digested, taken a step back, and don't like it anymore.

I LOVE Percy. I even have a Percy Harvin T-shirt. I think he's a great player, possibly elite. Expecting 13 games or whatever doesn't really bother me either. What bothers me is that the Hawks are a run-first team that now has a bazillion dollars tied up at WR and TE. The Seahawks' leading receiver had 50 catches last year. 50. And the Hawks WR corps wasn't bad. Golden Tate has come miles. Rice is very good when healthy. Did we just spend a first rounder and 12+ million per year for a player that is going to catch 50 balls? If the Hawks threw the ball around the lot, I would be all over this. But WR might be the least impactful position on the entire roster considering the style the Seahawks play with.

The Seahawks need DL help. They need OL help. They need LB help. They soon have to negotiate with Okung, Sherman, Earl Thomas and Tate, and Wilson isn't going to be far behind.

Percy's money if 12 mil per year, cost them 2-3 quality players they could have added, and possibly the chance to keep one of their studs at more impactful positions long-term.

Of course I hope he is the guy that puts our offense over the top and makes us incredibly dangerous. This team has needed a speedy playmaker for thirty years. But I'm thinking all the resources could have been best used at a position that helps the Seahawks play the way they are built to play, which is by running the ball and playing defense.
I am a step ahead of you. I liked it, hated it, and like it again.
Number one, we don't know the money. Speculating about how it is going to hamstring us is worrying about the unknown. Number two, when I look back at playoff contenders over the last several years, they have some really big money tied up at skill positions and have to adjust their lineups accordingly.
And number three, I trust these guys to find players with unique skills in later rounds who will fill out the lineup.

Your 50 balls number is pointless. Almost all pass heavy quarterback centric offenses begin as conservative run first offenses. Tom Brady used to be a game manager with Cory Dillon running the rock. The Ravens were a run first team for a time, but aren't now. It took us a half to figure it out agaisnt Atlanta, but we don't have to be a run first team either. Being pass first is not the goal, being multiple is.

I think Percy adds 3 to 4 points per game to our team. He makes stress for defensive coordinators, and if our offense is potent, opposing offensive coordinators are stressed to score early and often as well. He stresses special teams coordinators too.

Next year, some of the cap hit from Miller goes away. And like it or not, we were never going to keep all of our legion of boom, can you see a team tying up 30 to 40 million a year up in a secondary? Guys like Lane and Maxwell are here just for that.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Here's another plus for Harvin... he stretches the field more so than any other skill player we currently have on the roster.

He's the ultimate additional weapon to add to the Hawks offense.

Largent80

Reaction score
Exactly. Harvin adds misery to opposing D.C.'s game plans.

And like Scott said. The teams that get over the hump have coin tied up in their skill positions.

With the stupid cap, it makes it impossible to keep ALL your players and they are trying to get paid and that is understandable.

Hell, Pete and John are hiring basketball players, and we need to trust and respect what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.