All of your mocks were wrong!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":1lueih4j said:
Oh well. I had Austin going to Seattle in my latest at #25. I had a feeling Seattle was looking for an ultra quick slot type to be our Wes Welker. Now we just need to find our version of Randy Moss.

I think that Austin is exactly who they wanted, but after mulling it over post combine they realized he wasn't going to be there at #25...so Plan B.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Can't see this being 'Plan B' to Tavon Austin. This looks to me like Bevell & Carroll have history with the guy and they just went out and got him.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":20q37ug0 said:
kearly":20q37ug0 said:
Oh well. I had Austin going to Seattle in my latest at #25. I had a feeling Seattle was looking for an ultra quick slot type to be our Wes Welker. Now we just need to find our version of Randy Moss.

I think that Austin is exactly who they wanted, but after mulling it over post combine they realized he wasn't going to be there at #25...so Plan B.

I think more likely that Harvin is Plan A, and Austin might have been plan B. But this does show that Austin certainly would have been a potential target.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":3t0l5zte said:

Not that he's Randy Moss, but Sidney Rice wasn't exactly a slouch when Percy and him were teammates.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not so fast! We could always trade back into the first and if we can find a trade partner that gives us a shot at a Richardson, I hope we do. This pick-up of Harvin just changed the landscape a bit, IMO. We have a couple year window before a hostage situation arises so it looks like Go time is now. I'm ready. I've been ready.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HawkWow":mnlt2y5r said:
Not so fast! We could always trade back into the first and if we can find a trade partner that gives us a shot at a Richardson, I hope we do. This pick-up of Harvin just changed the landscape a bit, IMO. We have a couple year window before a hostage situation arises so it looks like Go time is now. I'm ready. I've been ready.

Well ... I believe that ship has sailed (trading up in to the 1st Round that is). Follow me here for a second ...

The latest projections have Sheldon Richardson going somewhere around the 18th Pick in the Draft. That's probably about right that he will go somewhere in there. According to Jimmy Johnson's Point Value Chart, the 18th Pick is worth 900 points. So, what would it take for the Seahawks to get up to #18 to select him?

Seahawks 2013 Draft remaining draft picks
2(56) 340 points
3(87) 155 points
4(122) 50 points
5(133) 39.5 points
5(153) 30.2 points
6(186) 17 points
7(200) 11.4 points
7(206) 9 points
7(217) 4.6 points
Grand Total ... 656.7 Points (short 243.3 Points)

So, even if the Hawks were to pull a Mike Ditka and trade every single last remaining pick they have this year, they STILL couldn't get up in to that range. [The closest they could get if they were to trade everything this year would be to #28 ... which is worth 660 Points]

But, let's say for some miracle that Richardson somehow slips down to #32 (not going to happen, but just for the exercise of it let's say that he does). The #32 Pick is worth 590 Points. That's a little more reasonable. Still, even in that scenario it would take the Seahawks ...

2(56) 340 points
3(87) 155 points
4(122) 50 points
5(133) 39.5 points
Grand Total ... 584.5 Points (5.5 Points shy -- but do-able with a 7th thrown in as well) to get close. So, unless they want to start mining from the 2014 draft even more (which I agree COULD happen, but I think it less likely.) it's probably not going to happen. I just don't see it at this point.

two dog

Reaction score
Why not package picks and move around this year? By Petes' reckoning, this will
be a hard roster to crack, so why not bring in higher quality rookies?
You can fill out your camp roster with free agents and you never know about those guys.

If the whiners use their 14 picks (pre-compensatory), how many will crack that roster?
They're drafting for other teams who will hang around for their cuts.

The Seahawks are in the same boat.

Latest posts