Hutch retiring

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hahahaha! You know the thing that pisses me off the most? With Hutch manning LG, Walter's career would have lasted another year or two at least. Instead, the entire load on the left side was on Walt while our GM plugged in useless G after useless G in that spot. And even after Walt retired, we plugged in useless G after useless G and it almost cost us our young Pro Bowl Left Tackle! The importance of an at least competent LG can not be underestimated! Suck it futch!

HawkWow

Reaction score
ivotuk":10uvnho4 said:
Hahahaha! You know the thing that pisses me off the most? With Hutch manning LG, Walter's career would have lasted another year or two at least. Instead, the entire load on the left side was on Walt while our GM plugged in useless G after useless G in that spot. And even after Walt retired, we plugged in useless G after useless G and it almost cost us our young Pro Bowl Left Tackle! The importance of an at least competent LG can not be underestimated! Suck it futch!

Didn't do much for SA's career either. LOL.

Rat

Reaction score
ivotuk":gn512j13 said:
I dunno, Sims wasn't THAT bad. With Walter's condition (the one where he couldn't take painkillers), we're lucky he lasted as long as he did.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":16e6muu3 said:
Is he going to sign a one-day contract with us?
Yeah, his sig is already in the South End shitter @ Qwest Field. :17:

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2qjgrih0 said:
Hall of Famer or not?

I think he gets some consideration, but comes up short.

Agreed. One of the greatest O-linemen of all time and Canton will not be his. Nobody associated with the league appreciated what he and Minnesota did with their BS poison pill. It destroyed our franchise and despite the great memories (what an animal!), I hope that is how he is remembered.

chris98251

Reaction score
He went with a business decision, blame Reinfeldt and Ruskell not so much Hutch, it was a sad day but if you looked at what was offered he would have been crazy and was sort of trapped by the circumstances since nobody thought the Vikings would pull what they did,

saxmachine69

Reaction score
He'll be in Canton for sure. The best guard of his generation, how could he not?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
saxmachine69":ioesj0zn said:
He'll be in Canton for sure. The best guard of his generation, how could he not?

I agree. Seems pretty obvious, too.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
chris98251":aj8ktwpn said:
He went with a business decision, blame Reinfeldt and Ruskell not so much Hutch, it was a sad day but if you looked at what was offered he would have been crazy and was sort of trapped by the circumstances since nobody thought the Vikings would pull what they did,

OMG. "Trapped by the circumstances?" I've heard it all now.

He allowed that language in the contract. He was a hot commodity and had nothing to lose -in fact everything to gain- by allowing a counter offer from Seattle. The Hawks were willing to make a credible counter-offer and went so far as to rework Walt's contract in order to do so. They allowed Hutch to 'explore FA' as his agent (who's name resembles an effing prophylactic) was telling them whenever they tried to get something done before season's end. I guess his myopic little brain was blinded by the light of such a big offer. Additionally, what kind of idiot would feel disrespected by not getting the franchise tag when he knew he would command big money in free agency (or at least should have known)? Maybe he's just a bit dense. Big man, small brain, but a very good OG (Canton material, IMO).

The FO is not blameless by any means, but how were they to know the man had the thought process of a Troglodyte?

..and before anyone goes back to the perceived 'low-balling' in reg season, that's how all negotiations start. He picked up his billy club in anger and gave up way too early. Orrrr, he just didn't like Seattle as much as he says he does.

I'm very glad he didn't make it back to the big dance. It's due in large part to his own ignorance.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3pj4v547 said:
chris98251":3pj4v547 said:

OMG. "Trapped by the circumstances?" I've heard it all now.

He allowed that language in the contract. He was a hot commodity and had nothing to lose -in fact everything to gain- by allowing a counter offer from Seattle. The Hawks were willing to make a credible counter-offer and went so far as to rework Walt's contract in order to do so. They allowed Hutch to 'explore FA' as his agent (who's name resembles an effing prophylactic) was telling them whenever they tried to get something done before season's end. I guess his myopic little brain was blinded by the light of such a big offer. Additionally, what kind of idiot would feel disrespected by not getting the franchise tag when he knew he would command big money in free agency (or at least should have known)? Maybe he's just a bit dense. Big man, small brain, but a very good OG (Canton material, IMO).

The FO is not blameless by any means, but how were they to know the man had the thought process of a Troglodyte?

..and before anyone goes back to the perceived 'low-balling' in reg season, that's how all negotiations start. He picked up his billy club in anger and gave up way too early. Orrrr, he just didn't like Seattle as much as he says he does.

I'm very glad he didn't make it back to the big dance. It's due in large part to his own ignorance.

He felt disrespected, Ruskell didn't give a shit about the O -Line as we seen with his lack of effort in dealing with it. I can see where someone could be agitated, the transition tag was telling him your not worth as much and we are not really worried about losing you. The fact that Holmgren was livid about the situation speaks volumes as well. This along with the DJack fiasco. You can pump up and blow all the air you want, Hutch went where they tried to make him feel valued when this GM here didn't really show it.