Rumor: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for 6th round pick

chris98251

Reaction score
Boldin doesn't work the middle as much anymore, uses his body a lot on the sidelines, Think Kenny Hamlin created a phoboia abput the middle of the field his rookie year :) He is a great down field blocker that will help Gore out. His match up agains our DB's is a win for us more often then not versus the 49ers trying to match up with Harvin.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I am soooooooo happy SF lost out on Percy Harvin, to us, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

heyu123

Reaction score
SNDavidson":9rif9w5p said:
I am soooooooo happy SF lost out on Percy Harvin, to us, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Harvin is better, however I'd easily pass on him for a first and the type of contract he's going to get. He's not worth anywhere close to Fitz or CJ money which is what's been rumored.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
heyu123":14enuoxo said:
Harvin is better, however I'd easily pass on him for a first and the type of contract he's going to get. He's not worth anywhere close to Fitz or CJ money which is what's been rumored.

A few words for you. Christian Ponder, and old-man Favre.

We'll see just what Harvin can do this year and the next. The dude is electric on the field.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Wow! The Hawks vs Niners is even a war in free agency and headline grabbing!

Boldin for a sixth is an awesome pick up. Niners have so many picks it means even less. Boldin is a warrior and fits a huge need for them.

If he produces, I am sure the 49ers will be willing to pay him (what a 35year old receiver is worth.) If he doesn't, no sweat off their balls.

Not worried, we have Browner to man-handle him or Sherm to talk crap to him all game.

This rivalry just gets better and better. Go Hawks!

heyu123

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":7xmk4qz6 said:
heyu123":7xmk4qz6 said:

We'll see just what Harvin can do this year and the next. The dude is electric on the field.

I know Harvin is better and an electric player, he makes Seattle a lot more dangerous. I don't know if I'd call it a great deal though until we see what type of extension Seattle gives him.

That's a lot to give up draft pick wise and money wise for a wide receiver

SNDavidson

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2rowxl6z said:

^^^ 12 ha's, didn't even mean to, its a sign, win forever, tanzania, don't text and drive.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not so expensive considering he will play vs a maybe in the draft if we went WR also. Salary wise John knows how to make things work and I don't think he breaks the bank money wise by setting up a freindly way to pay out stuff. Harvin may be much more reasonable with structure having a team he can actually make a run with that is all about the right attitude and with Bevell and Rice here it's like a second home coming. I could see him sticking it to the Vikings if unhappy, he has a chance here to make real good money and be happy. Doesn't have to be monster money.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I think the 49ers got a better value obviously but the Seahawks definitely got the better player.

Considering our positional strength I think we match up a lot better with Boldin then the 49ers matchup with Harvin.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10y67ira said:
heyu123":10y67ira said:

old-man Favre having the best season of his career. 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4202 yards, 68.4 completion %.

The best part of the Harvin trade for Seattle is the impact he will make on special teams. As a return man, Harvin IS elite. As a WR, not so much. But the total package is solid.

757Niner

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":37bwc9pk said:
I think the 49ers got a better value obviously but the Seahawks definitely got the better player.

Considering our positional strength I think we match up a lot better with Boldin then the 49ers matchup with Harvin.

This. We got a little better. 'Hawks got a ton better. Boldin doesn't bring anything to the table that we didn't already have. He and Crabs are essential the same player. We needed more of a deep threat to compliment Crabs, now that Moss wont be back and MM wont be ready to start the regular season. Harvin is easily one of the most dangerous offensive players in the league. Seattle needed playmakers, and they got the best one. Easily better than anyone you could have drafted this year. They gave up a little too much but Harvin>Boldin. Plus they have the cap space to give him a long term deal. He wont get Megatron money but he'll get paid. Only real drawback is his attitude but I don't think that locker room will tolerate what Frazier did. And Boldin isn't worth 6 mil...that's my main problem with this trade.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":bud95bta said:
old-man Favre having the best season of his career. 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4202 yards, 68.4 completion %.

The best part of the Harvin trade for Seattle is the impact he will make on special teams. As a return man, Harvin IS elite. As a WR, not so much. But the total package is solid.

Favre got most of that done with Sidney Rice, and that was also Harvin's rookie year. He wasn't even a listed starter for the first half of it. Also, Favre was horrible his second year with the Vikings, if you'll recall. He retired for real after that one.

Harvin's definitely an elite returner, but I think he just may be an elite WR if he's got a great QB throwing to him. We will have to see; he's definitely a very good WR when healthy. I said MAY BE elite, so don't get on my nuts. I am not calling him one of the few elite WRs in the league as of right now, but the evidence is there that he might be. The dude has quite a few electric highlights already, and if he's got the ball, he's a threat to run the field.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
757Niner":3ultqxq7 said:
WestcoastSteve":3ultqxq7 said:

This. We got a little better. 'Hawks got a ton better. Boldin doesn't bring anything to the table that we didn't already have. He and Crabs are essential the same player. We needed more of a deep threat to compliment Crabs, now that Moss wont be back and MM wont be ready to start the regular season. Harvin is easily one of the most dangerous offensive players in the league. Seattle needed playmakers, and they got the best one. Easily better than anyone you could have drafted this year. They gave up a little too much but Harvin>Boldin. Plus they have the cap space to give him a long term deal. He wont get Megatron money but he'll get paid. Only real drawback is his attitude but I don't think that locker room will tolerate what Frazier did. And Boldin isn't worth 6 mil...that's my main problem with this trade.

The part in bold is truth and I mentioned this in another thread. I do not get the Boldin trade. It is great value, but seems very knee-jerk to the Harvin trade.

jack_patera

Reaction score
it obviously helps both teams....i don't think we've caught niners tho...not yet...waiting to see what niners gonna do defensively..(revis?) and if hawks get someone to put heat on the qb

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Boldin had a sensational playoffs, but what did he do during the regular season?

He's an ageing, four touchdown a season type guy. He's adept at competing for the ball in the air because he struggles for separation. Kaep throws sweet fast balls, but they're flat direct passes. Flacco was putting a ton of air on those passes to Boldin, letting him go up to make a play. And last time Boldin faced Seattle, he had a nightmare against our secondary (couple of catches for about 20 yards). You can't beat our guys throwing jump balls.

Kapernick needs deep threats and creative receivers. If I were the Niners, I'd look into a move up for Cordarrelle Patterson. They need somebody like that. They have a big, (mostly) reliable target in Crabtree. Boldin is basically an older slower version with zero YAC quality. I can't help but feel like this move is a token gesture. Looks good on paper after a smart post-season. In reality, he's probably going to have a handful of good games in 2013. Just like the last few years of his career.

If the Niners fans want to feel good about this after our trade for Harvin, feel free. You have the upper hand in the draft with all your picks. Better make use of them guys.