UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac

Reaction score
I couldn't Tapatalk while I was at work so I'm clearly late to the party, but I'd just like to add

White Devil

Reaction score
SeaStar49":1cylixgg said:
Too you it would be because you don't know football. Did you even watch my Niners in the Super Bowl? Boldin embarrassed my team. That man is a beast. How many games has Harvin missed during his career? What about his health?

Seattle fans at flat out delusional.

So just what is going to happen now that you don't have Goldson in the secondary?

Maybe Jimbo should have thought about defense instead of blowing his load on another 1 year contract on an aging vet.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hopefully this guy becomes the team player once he gets paid.

I just heard in an interview on KJR that this fella has had issues with authority dating back to college. He is a tinderbox. Hopefully Pete can be that guy that can get through to him.

I will be monitoring this situation very closely.

vikesfan

Reaction score
themunn":nbdlgyl0 said:
vikesfan":nbdlgyl0 said:
themunn":nbdlgyl0 said:

You do realize people consider Tate Harvin LITE right?
Again... Tate is good....Harvin is spectacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBC2tvLqmA0
You can't keep up. Trust me.
Think about it..... your GM and coaches see GT every day and still felt the difference between the two were worth of a 1st rounder and a huge contract. What does that say...cut it out :17:

now that's just not fair, return TDs aren't fair
how can you expect Golden Tate to go and score them when our current return man is one of the greatest of all time (and all-time return TD leader)?

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... f6ee804e3a

When your team doesn't have any other receiving weapons it's not a surprise there's more highlights of Harvin. This was only Tate's first season as a starter, so it's not really a surprise that there's not as many highlights.

And it's called adding extra weapons. Tate will still be a starter next year, no doubt. After all, he had more yards per target than any other player that played the entire season, 2nd only behind Danario Alexander (who played just 10 games, starting 6). Harvin is a utility player - players that can play 2 or 3 positions are what Pete Carroll goes home, locks the door, pulls the curtains closed, puts his headphones on and watches at night for cheap thrills

Also, calling him "Harvin Lite" means nothing, only that Harvin was around first and they're similar players.
They used to call Patrick Willis "mini Ray Lewis".

They called him Harvin lite because he did nothing as well as Harvin.
1. Not as fast
2. Not as strong
3. Not as agile.
4. Can't run between the tackles
5. Simply isn't as explosive
on
Also I would like to point out that Harvin isn't a utility player because utility players don't have 60 Recs in 8 games.
As for my team not having any other receiving option... You have our other WR and our TE is better than urs.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1x7o5hvj said:
I couldn't Tapatalk while I was at work so I'm clearly late to the party, but I'd just like to add

F*%& YEAH!

Right there with you brother. I've signed in everyday since the Atlanta game and read through numerous "x player released" threads, even some guy dubbed the poop scoop holster or something like that's thread. Mindless drivel for almost two months and the one day I don't sign in i'm almost the last to hear of this. :229031_banghead:

Anyway, I've seen little of Harvin but hear he is no slouch. Can't wait to see him in action. The offseason just got that much longer.

themunn

Reaction score
vikesfan":29pzc0xb said:
1. Not as fast
2. Not as strong
3. Not as agile.
on
Also I would like to point out that Harvin isn't a utility player because utility players don't have 60 Recs in 8 games.
As for my team not having any other receiving option... You have our other WR and our TE is better than urs.

You do realise their combine results were practically identical? In terms of speed, strength and agility there's not much between the two. I can't comment on Tate "not being able to run between the tackles" because he's never tried (and thus never failed). Well, apart from in his Notre Dame days, where he was actually pretty successful.

As for your TE being better. Just like Tate was the leading wide receiver for yards per target, I'll give you 3 guesses who the leading TE was. Hint: he plays in Seattle.

There's a reason Seattle because the first team in 70 years to average 50 points a game over a 3 game spell - and it had nothing to do with lacking offensive weapons.

Really, I don't know why we're having this conversation when we all know Percy Harvin is Darren Sproles LITE anyway

Sac

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1q827ucq said:
SacHawk2.0":1q827ucq said:

F*%& YEAH!

even some guy dubbed the poop scoop holster or something like that

lol, that's HUGGY. If I remember correctly I think I was the first to coin that name for him, and sadly that subsequently earned me my new, incredibly stupid, IKEA inspired monicker.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
themunn":25tfpvmw said:
vikesfan":25tfpvmw said:
1. Not as fast
2. Not as strong
3. Not as agile.
on

You do realise their combine results were practically identical? In terms of speed, strength and agility there's not much between the two. I can't comment on Tate "not being able to run between the tackles" because he's never tried (and thus never failed). Well, apart from in his Notre Dame days, where he was actually pretty successful.

As for your TE being better. Just like Tate was the leading wide receiver for yards per target, I'll give you 3 guesses who the leading TE was. Hint: he plays in Seattle.

There's a reason Seattle because the first team in 70 years to average 50 points a game over a 3 game spell - and it had nothing to do with lacking offensive weapons.

Really, I don't know why we're having this conversation when we all know Percy Harvin is Darren Sproles LITE anyway
Haha! They have a damn good TE, but he's no Zack Miller. Let's not even get into a comparison of who's throwing the ball to them :lol:

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I've been throwing a lot of picks on Madden. I keep forcing the ball to Harvin.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
My thoughts...

1. Price is pretty high. I am more worried now about future Seahawks who will become free agents and our ability to shore up the defense.

2. I wonder what/if San Francisco was offering? If you are also keeping him away from your biggest road block that could also be huge.

3. This proves Pete and John and ready to win now. If this gives us 3 to 7 more points a game, this will be huge. Maybe the best way to improve the defense is to get more explosive on offense.

4. RW is going to be that much more dynamic and dangerous.

JKent82

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2xles7rv said:
I've been throwing a lot of picks on Madden. I keep forcing the ball to Harvin.

1st drive- 8 yard touchdown to Golden on a slant.

2nd drive- 30 yard punt return, 25 yard TD on a screen on third down.

So far Madden says Harvin and Golden will be awesome together.

CPHawk

Reaction score
You're joking right? Combine results don't matter, on field results do. I've yet to see Tate explode past anyone for a long TD like Harvin has many times. Tate still has a place on the team but your comparison is like comparing a mustang to a Ferrari.

themunn":e3b9faxq said:
vikesfan":e3b9faxq said:
1. Not as fast
2. Not as strong
3. Not as agile.
on

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I like this as we needed a WR that could take the top off of a defense. Just wish we didn't have to give up our 1st rd pick.

w00t

Reaction score
i heard the niners were interested in Harvin. I wonder if we tried to give our 2nd round pick for him but the niners countered with the 2nd round pick they got from alex smith trade (which is an early 2nd rd pick). Then we threw our 1st rounder in there. hmm

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":s3xe4koh said:
http://deadspin.com/the-percy-harvin-trade-is-great-news-for-football-and-h-452459657?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Pete Carroll's "Pimp Walk", BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
w00t":2lucy6bd said:
i heard the niners were interested in Harvin. I wonder if we tried to give our 2nd round pick for him but the niners countered with the 2nd round pick they got from alex smith trade (which is an early 2nd rd pick). Then we threw our 1st rounder in there. hmm

That would make sense. There's no doubt that the Niners (or whomever) drove the price up.

BTW, per Pro Football Talk, the contract is essentially set:

"Despite a report that Harvin wants to be paid in the range of Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald and Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, both of those players are in the range of $16 million. Per the source, Harvin’s deal won’t be close.

In reality, Harvin’s deal will be more in line with the current one-up high-jump that began last year with Bucs receiver Vincent Jackson with five years, $55.5 million, and which was extended by Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe and his five-year, $56 million deal."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/harvin-contract-in-place-deal-hinges-on-physical/

QuahHawk

Reaction score
themunn":ven539vs said:
When your team doesn't have any other receiving weapons it's not a surprise there's more highlights of Harvin. This was only Tate's first season as a starter, so it's not really a surprise that there's not as many highlights.

Well what does it say when you are your teams only good WR and team plan for you and you are still nearly unstoppable, imagine when there are other weapons like Rice, Tate, and Miller, mabye even a rookie TE to draw coverage. This is a great situation for Wilson and Harvin to become on of the best QB WR tandems in the league.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeaStar49":8of7kn3w said:
Ruminator":8of7kn3w said:
Lords of Scythia":8of7kn3w said:
Somewhere out there, Harbaugh is having a temper tantrum.....
ku-xlarge.gif
Ha ha. That boy sho nuff is soiling hisself.

Looks like a temper-tantrum toddler in an adult's body.

Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

Niners!!! 4 Life! 2014 Division Champions... Already crownd.
There has been a lot of really stupid Crap posted by ninnies fans here but this post has to be the dumbest of them all! Congrats on that! I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you were crowning the ninnies champs on Superbowl Sunday before the game as well! Time to get off of your moms computer Junior and let the adults continue this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.