Smart or lucky?

Largent80

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2okpo025 said:
Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

More "Boa Brilliance"

Treefiddy

Reaction score
bestfightstory":nykqxh5j said:
Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.
Russell will be our OC next year. Bevell is a clipboard holder

tooshort

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3ccp1a8q said:
Did you make up the term 'waterbug' or is that a commonly used term?

Nice :mrgreen:... reminded me of the hawks at cards two years ago where Brian Billick's color commentator used the term "bang-bang play" and Brian says "bang-bang play? I'm not sure I've heard that term before, could you explain it for our audience?" unfortunately he was not joking :177692:

Oh..and congrats to PeHawk for his successful negotiations with the Vikings!

The Radish

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3bgb39yd said:
Smart or Lucky? Christ, Pehawk, give yourself a little credit, you humble man. This was brilliance and you called it! I remember reading your original post on our needs for a waterbug, and I couldn't have agreed with it more. I will admit I was a little jealous that my cro magnon-sized brain couldn't have conceived it, but in my opinion, this is what seperates you from the usual riff-raff found on this site.

When the news broke this morning on Brock and Salk, I called my elderly father to give him the good news. "Dad," I exclaimed, "we got Percy Harvin!"

"That's great" he replied

"Just like Pehawk said, Daddy, just like Pehawk said!" I continued. "Well not specifically Harvin, but he is the ultimate waterbug!"

"What's a Pehawk?" the old man asked.

"He is Nostradamus-Louis CK-and Jeff Stryker all rolled into one and he posts his knowledge on Seahawks.NET," I explained.

"Oh, I read .NET, too," my dad explained. "I love that Jesterhawk. He keeps me laughing with all his side splitting humor."

"You are an idiot, you old man. And your wife has saggy knockers," and I hung up.

Well in all sincerity HS be glad he didn't say Huggy rather jester.

:roll:

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3dcl98wh said:
Yes, I'm attention whoring a tad here, but I'm feeling kind of proud of something in lieu of todays AWESOME trade.

During the offseason, in many posts, I voiced concerns over Wilson routinely buying time, only to find nothing open downfield. I've been wanting a Bush/Sproles/Tayvon type "waterbug" type player as Wilsons outlet. IMO, that was the best player type to compliment Wilsons play. Well, Percy Harvin is all those dudes, plus much, much, much more.

Was it dumb luck? Or, do I actually know football? Know enough that I've been posting about this for sometime and brought a few others on board.

Yeah, this is an arrogant post, so I apologize. The trades awesome in general. And, at least to me it feels awesome because at least in some respects my opinion has been validated.

You call it arrogance, I call it winning!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, Hawk Strap's dad sounds like a hell of a guy.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ny1v5y5v said:
I thought you were over making these kinds of posts, Pe. Guess I was wrong. ;)
Yes, you were correct with your prognostication that every single other Seahawks fan already knew was a need; a serious threat at WR.

Or, I could've done it to get brilliant shots at my expense; Scott, Strap, Diags. Each of those comments had me laughing. Plus, get other funnies.

Yes, its common knowledge Hawks needed a WR.

But, IMO, with Wilsons game a Bush/Sproles in NO, Tayvon, Young Cribbs or Harvin was ideal. I posted about that alot in the NFL forum. IMO, that's the BEST possible offensive addition.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":39i3uwx8 said:

Unlike you, or 85% of other Seahawks fans, I dont care who the OC is, I just want to win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawksFTW":27carfhl said:
bestfightstory":27carfhl said:

We get it, you are still upset about Gus Bradley. :roll:
IMHO, Gus Bradley was the blackhole of the Hawks defense, I celebrated when he got the head coaching gig!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HawksFTW":lihzitux said:
bestfightstory":lihzitux said:

Incorrect. On multiple fronts.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1ylpopco said:
HawksFTW":1ylpopco said:
bestfightstory":1ylpopco said:

It was a joke. On multiple fronts.

two dog

Reaction score
They are not water bugs-They are water skimmers.

And, yes it was just dumb luck..........or not.

Congratulations anyway for thinkin' it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2ncdbmpt said:
It was a joke. On multiple fronts.[/quote]
And I scratched my arse and head in multiple places AT THE SAME TIME!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yawn! Harvin is no Sean Dawkins, but we'll have to make due. :cool: